Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM

531 posts, read 382,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
She should get the same sentence as the people whose lives she could have potentially ruined. 20 years minimum.
I agree, and even think that might be too light on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 01:39 PM

35,518 posts, read 17,786,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
I agree, and even think that might be too light on her.
If I have any say, I'd rather not foot the bill for this girl to be locked up for 20 years, thanks, though.

That's a LOT of money, for a girl who probably thought the cops would take a report and that would be the end of it.

And it pretty much should have been, once the SANE nurse said she had not been raped.

This happens. People decide to make up that they're a victim for the purpose of getting attention. In times (like this) when cops know pretty quickly it's a false claim, a cop with good social skills gets in a room with her (because it's always a her, it seems) and says "look, it appears to us this is a hoax for who knows why, if you drop the claim at this point we'll all go about our merry way and no foul. If you persist in this claim, and we find it to be baseless, you're going to be charged with a crime. What's it going to be?"

There's no reason for this to have even hit the media.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:39 PM

77,970 posts, read 60,134,595 times
There should be stricter laws about lying to the police and making false claims.

There have been tons of fake crimes over the years some of which have exacerbated racial divides and that's damaging to society.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There should be stricter laws about lying to the police and making false claims.

There have been tons of fake crimes over the years some of which have exacerbated racial divides and that's damaging to society.
Are stricter laws necessary when social pressure is so effective? This girl has been humiliated - as she should be. How thoroughly embarrassing, to run into a church in your shirt and panties claiming you were gang raped when you weren't.

Sometimes, shame is all you need.

Who is going to date this girl now, or want to be her friend? No one.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,550,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Who is going to date this girl now, or want to be her friend? No one.
She's apparently guilty of filing a false police report, no big deal. I doubt that she'll either have trouble finding a date or that she will lose any friends.

This isn't Cuba or North Korea. The government can't suddenly invent a new crime. The Constitution prohibits ex post facto laws.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
She's apparently guilty of filing a false police report, no big deal. I doubt that she'll either have trouble finding a date or that she will lose any friends.

This isn't Cuba or North Korea. The government can't suddenly invent a new crime. The Constitution prohibits ex post facto laws.
If you noodle around on social media, you'll see she is viciously friendless.

My guess is, she probably has had to move out of the area.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,382,414 times
Honestly, I am tired of hearing or seeing these false rape cases involving the "fake victim" have some mental condition. I want more stories where the fake victim knew they were not raped and the accused was innocent for that crime, but consciously disregarded that fact and pulled the rape card anyway. I want more cases where that lying person is served as an example and gets the full sentence length one would get if they did rape that person.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:54 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,744,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Not true. I have always wondered...how does it feel to be a racist?
Do you actually think that black people in America commit violent crime at the same rate as other races?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:56 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,744,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
James, just an aside. That kind of comment is off-putting.

You may not like what she's done, but to say she's unattractive is just off-putting. Physically, she's a very cute girl.
Why is it off-putting to say she is unattractive?

Old 02-26-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Why is it off-putting to say she is unattractive?
Because she's not unattractive, physically. She's beautiful.

It's like that "am I hot or not" awful website. I don't know why in the world anyone would put their picture on there, honestly, but women had to be a 10 to get rated attractive, and men who looked fun would get an attractive rating.

To me, it's very off-putting to women to put the standard of attractiveness so impossibly high that most women feel unattractive if they're not perfect. Which actually, this girl pretty much is, from a physical beauty standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events