Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 08:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times

Advertisements

The sheriff found a loophole and is exploiting it. I don’t believe that inmates should be abused but I don’t believe they should be in Club Med either.

The sheriff should not be allowed to funnel taxpayer money to buy personal property. Period. It’s way to easy to play the system as proven by this sheriff. It’s a depression era law. Which really should be removed from the law books. It’s a bs loophole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 08:44 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Tax payers are paying X per day to feed inmates, if they are able to be feed on less than that the money should go back to the state not to an individual to personally profit from it. It’s nothing like being a CEO so that’s an absurd example to bring up

Old 03-14-2018, 09:45 PM

763 posts, read 379,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
So if it is a county jail, someone who gets a DUI on Friday night, and is bailed out Saturday morning, what meal are they missing?

Yes, chalk me up as someone who isn't offended.

Also, that's what CEOs get bonused for, saving money. So it is a perk.

Big. Woo.
Yeah, because everyone in jail is there for less than a day due to a DUI....

Numerous pre-trial defendants are jailed for 6 months or more while they await trial.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:49 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
So if it is a county jail, someone who gets a DUI on Friday night, and is bailed out Saturday morning, what meal are they missing?

Yes, chalk me up as someone who isn't offended.

Also, that's what CEOs get bonused for, saving money. So it is a perk.

Big. Woo.
In County Jails who are serving up to 1 year, unsentenced inmates who can wait up to a year for a trial and ICE detainees can be there in excess of two years.

But why do you feel it's necessary to defend this pig of a sheriff? I don't care what you think about inmates it's not even relevant to the discussion, but get real any rational person would agree that excess money should have gone directly into the county general fund not into the sheriffs new vacation home

Old 03-14-2018, 10:09 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
Did he pay taxes on it as income? If not, nail him for tax evasion.

Are there guidelines for what he has to provide for meals? Should be, and should be inspected frequently to make sure they are being followed. But really, having the same person who is responsible for providing food, get to take a profit if he skimps on the food, seems a setup for abuse.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Did he pay taxes on it as income? If not, nail him for tax evasion.

Are there guidelines for what he has to provide for meals? Should be, and should be inspected frequently to make sure they are being followed. But really, having the same person who is responsible for providing food, get to take a profit if he skimps on the food, seems a setup for abuse.
I couldn't find anything about him paying taxes. But I found this interesting. The guy who told a reporter that the Sheriff had paid him for landscaping work with a check drawn from "Sheriff Todd Entrekin Food Provision Account." had his house raided and was arrested for drug trafficking for having 14 grams of marijuana in his home, he's still in jail in the Etowah jail on $55,000 bail, he had no previous arrest record.
Alabama man arrested on drug charges, 4 days after publicly criticizing county sheriff | Fox News

Old 03-14-2018, 10:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,588 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I'm astonished that anyone would come up with that system. Here's your money to feed the prisoners, if there's any leftover, it's yours to keep.

WHO THOUGHT THAT UP?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm astonished that anyone would come up with that system. Here's your money to feed the prisoners, if there's any leftover, it's yours to keep.

WHO THOUGHT THAT UP?
Someone from Alabama?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,588 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I couldn't find anything about him paying taxes. But I found this interesting. The guy who told a reporter that the Sheriff had paid him for landscaping work with a check drawn from "Sheriff Todd Entrekin Food Provision Account." had his house raided and was arrested for drug trafficking for having 14 grams of marijuana in his home, he's still in jail in the Etowah jail on $55,000 bail, he had no previous arrest record.
Alabama man arrested on drug charges, 4 days after publicly criticizing county sheriff | Fox News
That is honestly just horrific.

I REALLY hope this reaches the legal system and this sheriff goes to prison.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:55 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
That’s the problem with trusting a low paying sheriff with that money in the first place. This guy got caught. How many don’t? Then they come crying about their money problems to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events