Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 10:38 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgustedman View Post
awww the r and r is gone also....that was a fun place at times.
r&r?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
So once again, Govt creating laws/ regulations and trying to pass them off as being done to protect the health and safety of the public....How can people not recognize the deception in this yet?!!!!

Ultimately this will accomplish nothing, all the people that were advertising illegal services will just move their ads to another section and be more clever in how they are posted/ worded. In fact this has been going on for years already. There is a woman around here that does this, a friend of mine is a client of hers, she posts her ad in a totally unrelated section and words it very specifically, men that are looking for these things, know what to look for.

Drug dealers do the same exact thing on Craigslist and other online classified sites, back when I was an addict I had to resort to going thru one of these guys here and there. The one I bought from was actually in the 'tools' section. LOL Its pretty easy to spot their ads if you know what to look for, to anyone else though, they would not be aware of whats really for sale.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:06 PM

1,166 posts, read 876,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Good, now they can go out and get real jobs!
So being a sex worker isn't a "real job"?

There's demand for them, it's a lucrative business, and you actually have to work hard and earn your money. Last I checked, if you can make a living doing it, it's a "real job", regardless of the public perception of it.

I look down MUCH MORE on people who are on welfare or are "disabled" and just want a handout than on a sex worker, who actually has to go out and work to earn what they get, and obviously they're good at what they do if they can make a living from it! That's as good of a business model as any, satisfy the customers and they keep coming back!

P.S. I used to look down on white collar folks, saying they don't have "real jobs" either because they didn't do physical labor and just "sit on their asses all day". I grew up a little and realized that everybody has a skill they can offer and a there's a demand and use out there for those skills. What I do isn't "more of a job" just because I do physical labor, nor is what they do "less of a job" just because they sit at a desk.

You sound very closed minded.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:13 PM

15,413 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Bipartisan support to crush the First Amendment. Nice going.

Quote:
US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!
craigslist _ about _ FOSTA

Old 03-24-2018, 01:12 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,781,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
r&r?
Rants and Raves....

Old 03-24-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post

There's demand for them, it's a lucrative business, and you actually have to work hard and earn your money. Last I checked, if you can make a living doing it, it's a "real job", regardless of the public perception of it.

I look down MUCH MORE on people who are on welfare or are "disabled" and just want a handout than on a sex worker, who actually has to go out and work to earn what they get, and obviously they're good at what they do if they can make a living from it! That's as good of a business model as any, satisfy the customers and they keep coming back!

P.S. I used to look down on white collar folks, saying they don't have "real jobs" either because they didn't do physical labor and just "sit on their asses all day". I grew up a little and realized that everybody has a skill they can offer and a there's a demand and use out there for those skills. What I do isn't "more of a job" just because I do physical labor, nor is what they do "less of a job" just because they sit at a desk.

You sound very closed minded.
Yet you go to Work and Employment on city data and those who do "Sit on their butts" all day DO look down on us who work with our hands. They sneer at our wages and retirement. So I really don't have any tears for them when they're booted out at 40-50 from their jobs that they prized so much.

Being "Disabled" (If for real) isn't that great of a life in actuality. The more disabled you are, the more you get, but did you want to end your days wearing depends for 35 years? Or worse, being abused to the point of death with no way to fight back? Bed sores are quite painful and stink badly....

I have known some "Disabled" people who do milk the system. Some got turned in, some didn't. But I don't "Assume" all of them are faking it.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM

19,608 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
So is drug dealer.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
They did make for great entertainment, though.....especially the ads that went something like "We exchanged glances in the line at the bank. Seemed like you were definitely interested, and I'd love to hear from you. Tell me what I was wearing, so I know it's you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Rants and Raves....
Missed connections and Rants and Raves are still sections on Craigslist. They got moved to the community section. It is just the personals that are gone.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Missed connections and Rants and Raves are still sections on Craigslist. They got moved to the community section. It is just the personals that are gone.
Oh thanks! I was so sad....

Old 03-24-2018, 05:14 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,827 times
Took them long enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events