Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 08:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Internal theft is now right behind shoplifting, imo a lot of that is coming from sources other than the frontline store staff. Much of it is from mgt level employees, and I would venture to guess a lot is also happening in the whse or during transit. In the long time I have been in retail I have seen more mgt terminated for theft than I have regular employees and usually for a much higher dollar amount. I only know of one minimum wage employee who was smart enough to be able to get away with several thousand dollars in cash and mdse before getting caught. Most of the time the efforts are so bumbling they get caught fairly quickly. Agree 100%. I am afraid the company I'm with is going down the same path, hoping to be gone before that comes to pass.
I agree with this. I am a field marketer for a large gas station/ convenience store chain, we did a study a few years back on shoplifting and found it does not impact P&L that significantly, and internal theft has much greater effect.

One lady that was a manager had been stealing money and fudging paperwork, they discovered she had stolen over $40K over the course of 8-10 years, but for some reason, all they did was fire her, did not file charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 04:36 PM

735 posts, read 1,170,584 times
Default How Toys R Us Could Have Survived

They should have copied what CVS did; worked out a deal to occupy space inside Target stores. CVS became the defacto pharmacy for Target.

Toys R Us should have worked out a deal to occupy space within Walmart or Target and take over the toy section of either store. I thought about this after visiting the toy section of my local Target realizing how limited it was.

If you can't beat them, join them......

Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Looks like Geoffrey the Giraffe will get deported back to Africa.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/03/27/toys-r...han-120k-cops/

He's not the only one's doing this, he just got caught. There are many just like him.
Thieves like this tend to rationalize their actions.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
On another note, Toys R Us- Asia is thriving and expanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events