Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM

423 posts, read 288,755 times

Advertisements

I can't believe that some people here are trying to make excuses.

Then theres this....
Hart family crash: As information emerges, questions linger | OregonLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 10:14 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
Here is the court document from the 2010 incident.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...44-Report.html
That was helpful. If you read it from the point of view of someone with a ton of experience with attachment challenged and abused children, it says a lot.

Clearly, the mom lost control. She admits it. This report is more on the mom's side then the kids if you compare it to what people here are conflating it to be.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:29 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
[quote=HighFlyingBird;51484667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The vehicle was noticed in the afternoon, and there's been a lot of traffic on Highway 101 this week because of Spring Break. That turnout is a popular place for people to pull over. If it had happened at night, I think it would have been noticed much sooner.

ETA that photo bugged me as well. The whole free hugs thing was taking the hippy dippy happy too far. The kids should have been allowed to set their own boundaries.[/QUOTE]

And we know it wasn't the kid's idea how?

P.S. So far the cops don't know when the car went in but said it had been "several hours" so I guess it wasn't that easy to see.
Just "going with my gut." You seem to be doing a lot of that here and then getting angry when people have differing opinions. The look on that poor kid's face speaks volumes.

Hart family deadly crash: Speedometer in wrecked SUV 'pinned' at 90 mph, report says | OregonLive.com

Quote:
The speedometer on an Oregon family's GMC SUV was "pinned" at 90 mph when the vehicle was found crushed along the rocky California shoreline in Mendocino County early this week, according to a news report.
Ninety miles an hour. I'm sure you'll have an excuse for that as well. SMH.

You made some mention about people using this to further some "agenda" against the left, but I'm a liberal.

I'm sorry that it upsets you so much that other people have opinions that differ from yours. Evidence is coming to light that strongly suggests we were right, though.

90 miles an hour. I can see it now. The gas pedal must have stuck. Aliens must have commandeered the vehicle. Anything but own up to the probable truth.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
That was helpful. If you read it from the point of view of someone with a ton of experience with attachment challenged and abused children, it says a lot.

Clearly, the mom lost control. She admits it. This report is more on the mom's side then the kids if you compare it to what people here are conflating it to be.
Pretty hard to "conflate" bruises on a 6-year old's stomach.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:41 AM

423 posts, read 288,755 times
How about knocked out front teeth? This from the news articleHart family crash: As information emerges, questions linger | OregonLive.com " Oh, she doesn't want them fixed", they said.

The neighbor couple, (the Dekalbs) who for 22 years have lived two miles from Interstate 5 on a winding, wooded road in remote Clark County, said they awoke at 1:30 a.m. one night to find Hannah Hart on their doorstep.
The girl had apparently tried to crawl through the blackberry bushes on the DeKalbs' property to get to another house, the couple told reporters Wednesday. She gave up when she came across a fence and ended up pounding on their front door. Bruce DeKalb answered.
The Woodland resident thought the girl was 7 or 8 because she was missing her two front teeth, he told reporters. Bruce DeKalb was stunned to find out she was nearly a teenager.
The DeKalbs told The Washington Post that Hannah Hart dashed inside the house and made her way upstairs after Bruce opened the door. She woke up Dana DeKalb, and the Hart family soon came to look for the girl.
Hannah Hart was crouching between the DeKalbs' bed and a dresser, the Post reports. The next day, the Harts introduced the children to their neighbors and offered the couple a letter of apology.
Jen and Sarah Hart told Bruce DeKalb that Hannah's teeth were missing because she didn't want them fixed, the couple told reporters Wednesday.
The Oregonian/OregonLive's stories of the Hart family crash:

Old 04-01-2018, 10:42 AM

[quote=Metlakatla;51485977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

Just "going with my gut." You seem to be doing a lot of that here and then getting angry when people have differing opinions. The look on that poor kid's face speaks volumes.

Hart family deadly crash: Speedometer in wrecked SUV 'pinned' at 90 mph, report says | OregonLive.com

Ninety miles an hour. I'm sure you'll have an excuse for that as well. SMH.

You made some mention about people using this to further some "agenda" against the left, but I'm a liberal.

I'm sorry that it upsets you so much that other people have opinions that differ from yours. Evidence is coming to light that strongly suggests we were right, though.

90 miles an hour. I can see it now. The gas pedal must have stuck. Aliens must have commandeered the vehicle. Anything but own up to the probable truth.

Personal attacks now? Awesome.

I said all along that I don't know what happened. I am not jumping to conclusions or exaggerating things to make this a sensational story about something it might not be.

Right now its just a tragedy. It doesn't also have to qualify for a lifetime TV movie...although in almost every post I made, I shared that it could have been a house of hell, essentially. But so far there isn't enough proof to know what happened. So far, its a lot of speculation.

Read the article you posted. It asks more questions then it answers.

So no matter what happened...I was right because I am not pretending to know what happened.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
How about knocked out front teeth? This from the news articleHart family crash: As information emerges, questions linger | OregonLive.com " Oh, she doesn't want them fixed", they said.

The neighbor couple, who for 22 years have lived two miles from Interstate 5 on a winding, wooded road in remote Clark County, said they awoke at 1:30 a.m. one night to find Hannah Hart on their doorstep.
The girl had apparently tried to crawl through the blackberry bushes on the DeKalbs' property to get to another house, the couple told reporters Wednesday. She gave up when she came across a fence and ended up pounding on their front door. Bruce DeKalb answered.
The Woodland resident thought the girl was 7 or 8 because she was missing her two front teeth, he told reporters. Bruce DeKalb was stunned to find out she was nearly a teenager.
The DeKalbs told The Washington Post that Hannah Hart dashed inside the house and made her way upstairs after Bruce opened the door. She woke up Dana DeKalb, and the Hart family soon came to look for the girl.
Hannah Hart was crouching between the DeKalbs' bed and a dresser, the Post reports. The next day, the Harts introduced the children to their neighbors and offered the couple a letter of apology.
Jen and Sarah Hart told Bruce DeKalb that Hannah's teeth were missing because she didn't want them fixed, the couple told reporters Wednesday.
The Oregonian/OregonLive's stories of the Hart family crash:
Ummmm...and we know they were knocked out and how?

Some kids have MAJOR medical trauma and taking them to the dentist or doctor is years of therapy.

I think it said a lot the parents came over and tried to explain the situation. But I spend a lot of time in facebook groups for parents raising kids from hard places and these stories are so common to me. So is being misunderstood when the outside world thinks something should be easy but in the world of trauma, it is akin to climbing mt everst.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Not personal attacks, just addressing some comments that you chose to make about others' motivations for the opinions that you didn't like.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:55 AM

[quote=HighFlyingBird;51486097]
Quote:

Personal attacks now? Awesome.

I said all along that I don't know what happened. I am not jumping to conclusions or exaggerating things to make this a sensational story about something it might not be.

Right now its just a tragedy. It doesn't also have to qualify for a lifetime TV movie...although in almost every post I made, I shared that it could have been a house of hell, essentially. But so far there isn't enough proof to know what happened. So far, its a lot of speculation.

Read the article you posted. It asks more questions then it answers.

So no matter what happened...I was right because I am not pretending to know what happened.
My point was that they went off the cliff at 90 mph. There seems to be little question about that.

Quote:
The speedometer on an Oregon family's GMC SUV was "pinned" at 90 mph when the vehicle was found crushed along the rocky California shoreline in Mendocino County early this week, according to a news report.
You can twist things all you want, but I certainly didn't "pretend to know what happened." I just had a gut feeling, as did others in this thread. Guess what. We get to have those here, and we even get to discuss them.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Not personal attacks, just addressing some comments that you chose to make about others' motivations for the opinions that you didn't like.
People did outright attack homeschoolers, the motives of the parents (political), the willingness of the children to be part of the political movements their moms were part of, and their matching shirts. I was calling that out because it seems to be many poster's reasons for jumping to conclusions and totally missing other information that would cause you to think more about what might have happened.

Heck, one poster said they weren't Christian without that being written anywhere about the family. Were they alluding to the parents being same-sex? Not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events