Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 08:27 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times

Advertisements

Lol, they made sure to toss that key word "AR-15" in as many times as possible. I guess they would have felt better if he was carrying an FN FAL? He is the port security, he is not going to disarm just to talk to them.

The policy for these cruises regarding pregnancy is pretty clear and straight forward, you have to be a complete idiot not to find out these things. I am a guy and I even know these things, because traveling whether by air or sea, always has the potential for pregnancy restrictions.

When did this take place? It has not been hot in Miami, been warm, but nothing to get all crazy about, they are acting like they were in the August heat and humidity (which they may have been, not know when this took place, assuming recently).

A Youtuber? Lol, she only has around 10k subscribers from what I read, I know people who have way more than that who just stream video games during the evening after work. She sounds like someone who purposely was looking for an issue to hype up/exaggerate so she can get more advertisements and potential subscribers to her Youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 08:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Had they handled that differently; the family might have been able to negotiate some exchange of "Disney" dollars already spent for an extra featured holiday at DisneyWorld up near Orlando.

I understand their disappointment but ratcheting up the turmoil is not what I'd call setting a good example for those kids of theirs.

Asking to speak with a Disney representative with the authority to do a deal might have occasioned them simply getting back in the car for a few hours drive north to enjoy a hotel suite vacation in a place even better geared for family fun.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:29 AM

603 posts, read 445,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
When researching, I read that some cruise lines will take a doctors note but to get it cleared first. LOL its funny all that stuck in my head considering I am not cruising or expecting. Seems like if you were cruising and expecting then you would actually pay attention, no?

Could she have just lied and said "I am 22 weeks" or something?

P.S. I don't think its a safety thing...I think its a cost of having a helicopter meet them out at sea to transport her if something goes wrong.

Yes, it seems she would have known a little about the policy.

I just have a feeling that the Jackson family and Disney will come to some sort of resolution. Maybe a cruise after baby has arrived??

Old 04-02-2018, 08:35 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,049 times
So she's 22 and going to be a mother a third time?

She's about 5 months pregnant. If they are 'devastated' that they can't go on their Disney dream cruise, would they be equally devastated if something happened to her/the baby while they were in the middle of the ocean?

Did she not research all aspects of the trip especially since she is pregnant? Wouldn't you be extra careful knowing that in the case of an emergency, time would be of the essence? You don't want to be waiting for a rescue helicopter to come to the ship when the baby is in distress.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:57 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
I kinda love when people try to make sensational claims against "big, evil corporations" and it blows up in their face when the public's BS detector goes off.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:10 AM

11,115 posts, read 9,753,246 times
The fact that she had a note from her doctor sort of indicates that she knew there was a policy regarding this but was expecting them to make an exception. Rules are rules, and they are there for her and her baby's safety. If they let her go and she had complications, then she would be blaming them for not protecting her and suing them for that. She put them in a situation where they had to say no.

LOL at them being "suffering in the Miami heat". You mean just like all the other people in Miami? Didn't they go to Miami and the Caribbean for the heat? And if you're too dumb to put sunscreen on your kids in Miami, well "here's your sign".

Old 04-02-2018, 09:23 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
"YouTuber Emily Jackson, 22, is a mother-of-two with a baby boy on the way..."

What kind of person has two kids with another in the oven while being only 22 years of age?

Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 AM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishim View Post
Why would they have a policy on pregnancy in the first place? Why does however far along a woman is matter whether she can go?
Because at 25 weeks the fetus is potentially viable, and the cruise ship doesn't have anything close to a NICU on board should the pregnant woman go into premature labor. And you can skip the evacuation helicopter; the newly-delivered infant will be dead long before it gets there.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:30 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
I've been assured many times by Conservatives that AR15s are not assault weapons and are reasonable for non-military and non-law enforcement to own, so why is that bothering her?

Never mind the fact that she's a moron for not checking on the rules for traveling while pregnant. This was completely preventable and she's 100% responsible for what happened.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 AM

359 posts, read 320,359 times
"22 year old YouTuber Emily Jackson"

'Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events