Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM

910 posts, read 1,082,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine State View Post
So you are saying that if you did not go to a special school with a special dress code you wouldn't have been able to figure out how to dress business casual on your own?

That's sad.

And girls that do not wear makeup in the office are considered to be unprofessional. So I don't know how that dress code helped to prepare the girls for an office environment. I've never seen a female banker with out makeup so you obviously didn't all look like bankers lol.

Oh and if you had four seasons where you went to school you are not supposed to be wearing khakis year round. If that was the case you didn't benefit from that dress code either.

This wasn't a special school, it was a public school, and to answer your other question, it was in South Florida, so no we didn't have winter with snow. Winter is when it gets down to a frigid 40 degrees and you have to wear everything in your closet to not instantly freeze to death when you go outside.

I know plenty of women who haven't worn make up at all, their entire life. The only thing my wife uses is lip gloss and she works in a professional business environment.

And the fashion rules concerning khakis have changed, with the evolution of fashion. This is an excerpt from Sharp magazine.

In the stodgy old days of strict fashion rules, wearing light coloured khakis in the colder months was verboten. But times have changed. And with them, the archaic notion that you can’t rock white after Labour Day. White or beige khakis work well in the fall or winter as long as they’re contrasted with dark, season-appropriate colours. We will draw the line at suits, however. Unless your name is Puff Daddy or Tom Wolfe, don’t wear white head-to-toe in subzero weather.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:09 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
No...its saying girls must dress in a way that doesn't turn on boys because "they cant help it". Well they need to learn how to manage it. Bras are uncomfortable and distracting. Esp when an underwire breaks and stabs you in the ribs all day. But I guess girl's comfort in the work and educational settings don't matter...only boys brains matter, I guess.

It is so sexist on so many levels I cant even pick one direction to argue from. My brain is like "I cant even form sentences about this...its kooky talk. This must be a joke"
Go ahead and don't wear a bra.

But don't complain when your breasts are down to your knees.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events