Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 09:44 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No. I'm saying its human nature for people to be aroused by the human body. I'm saying teenagers are especially susceptible due to immature brains and raging hormones. I'm saying having a dress code in schools to minimize distractions, especially of the sexual nature, is beneficial to all. I'm saying not changing the dress code from status quo on the bra issue is not causing anyone hardship.

This is not faintly equivalent to saying its ok to grope, bully or rape anyone or that victims are responsible for assaults against them.
I'd have to agree with Arcenal352 that comprehension is not your forte.
You can’t see beyond your own bra wearing experience whether or not it presents a hardship for other young women. And your experience doesn’t override what others experience nor their decision to wear what they please under their clothing.

Again. It doesn’t matter what reaction any other person has if a girl does or doesn’t wear a bra. That reaction is their problem, not the girl’s problem.

Your limp attempt at personal attack notwithstanding, you are absolutely a rape culture apologist.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:53 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Women can go braless as long as they wear a tshirt or sweatshirt covering themselves up. Obviously the girl nipples were showing through the shirt she was wearing otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I went to three differnt high schools, and have two daughters who went through private and public schools and I don’t think I ever saw a reference to what underwear was mandatory. Can’t really find a mandatory bra rule online either.

As far as your other accusation. Ive gotten as personal as you have.
I haven't called you a rape culture apologist or blamed you for any particular school dress code.

I never said schools you attended required female students to wear a bra. Apparently the one in the OP does. That requirement is not in my kids dress code either. The closest thing to it is: Tops, blouses and shirts must fit and must cover the shoulder so as not to reveal the torso or undergarments.-

Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I haven't called you a rape culture apologist or blamed you for any particular school dress code.

I never said schools you attended required female students to wear a bra. Apparently the one in the OP does. That requirement is not in my kids dress code either. The closest thing to it is: Tops, blouses and shirts must fit and must cover the shoulder so as not to reveal the torso or undergarments.-
You said it was “a common school dress code”. So where is it common then?

Lol, not saying the exact same personal things that I did doesn’t mean you didn’t “get personal” in your responses to me. I’m not a rape culture apologist since I don’t believe that what a woman wears should have any bearing on whether she is raped or groped.
So it would be rather stupid to call me one.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
No one should be forced to wear a bra.
Especially now that there is science that says it's actually not that great for you.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:20 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
No. I'm saying its human nature for people to be aroused by the human body. I'm saying teenagers are especially susceptible due to immature brains and raging hormones. I'm saying having a dress code in schools to minimize distractions, especially of the sexual nature, is beneficial to all. I'm saying not changing the dress code from status quo on the bra issue is not causing anyone hardship.

This is not faintly equivalent to saying its ok to grope, bully or rape anyone or that victims are responsible for assaults against them.
I'd have to agree with Arcenal352 that comprehension is not your forte.
So you would be in favor of girls wearing a garment that could affect their breast and spine health in the future bc boys are susceptible to hormones?

Horsepucky.

Newsflash: Boy have been subject to their hormones and immature brains when women were covered head to toe and even unable to flash an ankle.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:21 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Wish that school would focus less on dress and more on teaching the difference between they're, their and there.
I kind of doubt a school in a French-speaking region shares your (you're?) deep concern about the proper application of English homophones.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I kind of doubt a school in a French-speaking region shares your (you're?) deep concern about the proper application of English homophones.
Nice attempt at a pithy response.

But beyond the fact that the poster was most likely using that example as a metaphor for schools worrying more about students learning and less about their underwear, if you’d read the article linked you’d have seen that it was also about teens in Florida, Montana and California.
Where proper application of English homophones is important.
Or should be.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:29 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why is a nipple on a female sexualized?
Because testosterone.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:39 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I’ve breastfed two babies and have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

Are you saying that male nipples squirt milk when they see a scantily clad girl?
This reply needs a place in the CD hall of absurdity fame haha

I dont know where you got that from but you certainly have a funny imagination lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events