Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 02:00 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
No I'm stopping you right here. Do not take our ta-tas away. Not even theoretically.
They are not YOUR ta-tas or whatever cutesy euphemism you want to use for breasts. Not when they belong to women and most definitely not when they belong to teenage girls.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Unless schools are policing boys' underwear, they have zero business policing girls' bras.

Dress codes should be applied evenly - and yes, that would include letting boys wear skirts or kilts if they wanted, if they were allowed for girls. I'm sure the girls who are bold enough to take a stand for their own bodily clothing autonomy would support boys in their own endeavor to break free from clothing stereotypes.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:02 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
They are not YOUR ta-tas or whatever cutesy euphemism you want to use for breasts. Not when they belong to women and most definitely not when they belong to teenage girls.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Unless schools are policing boys' underwear, they have zero business policing girls' bras.

Dress codes should be applied evenly - and yes, that would include letting boys wear skirts or kilts if they wanted, if they were allowed for girls. I'm sure the girls who are bold enough to take a stand for their own bodily clothing autonomy would support boys in their own endeavor to break free from clothing stereotypes.
Exactly.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:14 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I have no idea. I don’t stare at women’s chests. But you’ve now moved question of bras into appropriate dress for work. What if the teacher had her braless breasts inside a blouse and blazer or turtleneck and sweater?
I doubt I’d notice. Like I said, I’m not staring at women’s breasts.

Nor at men’s crotches.
Much of the time you don't have to stare to see it. I'd bet if those female students had their braless breast inside a blouse and blazer it wouldn't even be an issue. The issue arises when a students dress is distracting to other students or tends to cause, as I said earlier, bullying, insults, harassment, etc.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Absolutely.

Though no one here has determined a size requirement for mandatory bra wearing.
Except one guy said all women should be forced to wear bras regardless of size.

How would a company enforce this. Or school. Check for bra straps every morning?

Maybe there should be a determination each school year or when a woman is hired whether they need a regular bra, underwire or just bandaids to cover the devil nipples.
That's why it should just be a general dress code for females with breasts.
Men generally have "breasts" when they are overweight and generally no one is aroused or distracted by them.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:

In general I agree but why do students think they don't have to abide by dress codes and rules? Adults do in the working world. I don't think the issue is telling people to cover up their anatomy so much as to reduce distraction. Teens and tweens are not going to restrain themselves and act as adults so your going to get a lot of unwanted behavior and problems when you allow certain dress and behavior especially what is viewed as sexually explicit.

All they have to do is wear a bra during school hours/events. They can take it off as soon as they leave school grounds. I hate bras and shoes but I have to wear them to work because as an adult I have to respect the dress code of my employer but off they come as soon as I get home.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:

They do. If a guy is walking around "sagging" his pants so low that you can see his underwear then they tell him to pull them up. But for the most part, men don't usually break the dress codes.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:31 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
In general I agree but why do students think they don't have to abide by dress codes and rules? Adults do in the working world. I don't think the issue is telling people to cover up their anatomy so much as to reduce distraction. Teens and tweens are not going to restrain themselves and act as adults so your going to get a lot of unwanted behavior and problems when you allow certain dress and behavior especially what is viewed as sexually explicit.

All they have to do is wear a bra during school hours/events. They can take it off as soon as they leave school grounds. I hate bras and shoes but I have to wear them to work because as an adult I have to respect the dress code of my employer but off they come as soon as I get home.
I do not think employers should be in the business of policing underwear either. They can have standards such as clean, professional, etc. which are of course subjective but they really have no right to demand that women wear specific undergarments while men theoretically can go commando without any repercussions.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:33 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:
I do not think employers should be in the business of policing underwear either. They can have standards such as clean, professional, etc. which are of course subjective but they really have no right to demand that women wear specific undergarments while men theoretically can go commando without any repercussions.
You got to have some kind of standards otherwise people would continue to "push the envelope"

Old 04-11-2018, 02:34 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,131,896 times
These same girls will be very sorry when in a few years those same breasts and nipples are headed south and pointing to their belly buttons!

Old 04-11-2018, 02:41 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Let them go braless. Wtf who cares. It’s a set of knockers for Christ’s sake. After a while nobody is gonna look twice. So some woman’s fun bags are inside a shirt bouncing around.

The only reason we freak out is because we’re such prudes.
If a woman today in a typical work out gear was sent back on the 20/30s she would be arrested.
Finally, some sense in this thread.

Designating something "forbidden fruit" makes it more titillating, not less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events