Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 03:51 AM

911 posts, read 262,162 times

Advertisements

Yes I would like to hear his 911 call......... (Usually those are all over the net)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 06:29 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Being a tennis player doesn't mean you have good motor skills. There are guys who hit 50+ homeruns and can't change an air filter or figure out how to do so. That's the skill that's lacking these days, too many kids lack the motor skills to figure out basic mechanical problems.

For example a lot of people don't know how to change the seat position if it doesn't have buttons. They don't know there are levers and switches under the chair for that.

Do you understand what motor skills are? Hint: It has nothing to do with auto mechanics!

Lets not use the big words until we find out what they mean......

Old 04-14-2018, 06:35 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
Its sad they couldnt attempto PLOT his phone! (Trace it and see where he was)

Police can do that,I hear them do it in my area alot when cell phone 911 calls come in.......
Also on the child's second call, he said he was in a gold Honda Oddessey. They already knew he was in a parking of the school, this added info would have helped tremendously IF the second 911 operator passed it on to the police, which did not happen. That's why operator is on "administrative leave". Even the mayor stated this will require them re-examine their 911 system.

Per another article on this, Cincinnat's 911 system has had 5 directors in 4 years, had $400,000 slashed from its budget since 2016, and was understaffed, with 17 dispatcher slots and 15 operator slots going unfilled. The whole system sounds like it was in chaos.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 04-14-2018 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-14-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I wonder why he chose to get into the third row and reach into the trunk for his gear rather than leaving the car and opening the trunk. It seems strange to me. I drive a Wrangler and I could reach over the backseats to grab stuff from my trunk but I always open the swing gate. It’s just easier.

This and the fact that the police managed to not find him despite getting a description of the car (how many gold Honda Odysseys could have been in the lot(s)?) both baffle me. It seems the 911 operator is more to blame but I also thought the officer found his car but didn’t really look inside well enough. Again, how many gold Odysseys could there have been? Would it have been so difficult to look carefully into every one, maybe try the doors, call out the boys name or “is anyone there?” I’m curious to know what exactly went wrong.
It's been stated a car was parked too closely behind the van to allow the hatch to open, with regard to why he was retrieving his belongings that way.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:13 AM

639 posts, read 376,199 times
I work in EMS..

From the article...

"At April 10th at 3:14pm a 911 call taker rcvd a call from Kyle Plush who stated they were struck in a van. At 3:21pm the incident was broadcast. Two @CincyPD officers responded at 3:26pm to patrol and investigate the incident."

So it took 7 minutes to and a total of 12 minutes for someone to respond to someone stating if they didn't receive help they were going to die soon?

As someone that works as an EMT full-time, that is completely unacceptable.

Our QA time is 5minutes and we are usually dispatched 1 minute from receiving the call and in generally 1 to 2 minutes are on the road.

With that type of dispatch, it is lights and sirens with a gas pedal.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:42 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_lorem View Post
i work in ems..

From the article...

"at april 10th at 3:14pm a 911 call taker rcvd a call from kyle plush who stated they were struck in a van. At 3:21pm the incident was broadcast. Two @cincypd officers responded at 3:26pm to patrol and investigate the incident."

so it took 7 minutes to and a total of 12 minutes for someone to respond to someone stating if they didn't receive help they were going to die soon?

as someone that works as an emt full-time, that is completely unacceptable.

Our qa time is 5minutes and we are usually dispatched 1 minute from receiving the call and in generally 1 to 2 minutes are on the road.

With that type of dispatch, it is lights and sirens with a gas pedal.
+1.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I wonder why he chose to get into the third row and reach into the trunk for his gear rather than leaving the car and opening the trunk. It seems strange to me. I drive a Wrangler and I could reach over the backseats to grab stuff from my trunk but I always open the swing gate. It’s just easier.

This and the fact that the police managed to not find him despite getting a description of the car (how many gold Honda Odysseys could have been in the lot(s)?) both baffle me. It seems the 911 operator is more to blame but I also thought the officer found his car but didn’t really look inside well enough. Again, how many gold Odysseys could there have been? Would it have been so difficult to look carefully into every one, maybe try the doors, call out the boys name or “is anyone there?” I’m curious to know what exactly went wrong.
I don't know, but I would guess someone was parked behind him.

I have a hatch back and that happens ALL the time. When I park, I like to pull through the parking space so I can just drive forward out of the space when I am ready to leave. People park inches away from my back bumper routinely, and I can't access the hatch compartment.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:09 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Toots, you can sue a ham sandwich, if you feel like it!
(To paraphrase Sol Wachtler)
Absolutely.

Just because some people are ideologically opposed to the concept of lawsuits in general, doesn't mean that others can't pursue their legal remedies. If this happened to my child, I'd definitely be talking to a lawyer right now. The parents have that right.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Absolutely.

Just because some people are ideologically opposed to the concept of lawsuits in general, doesn't mean that others can't pursue their legal remedies. If this happened to my child, I'd definitely be talking to a lawyer right now. The parents have that right.
You can bet I would be doing the same thing. Just a tragic, senseless loss. I can't tell you how many times I've reached into my hatch that way and never once would I have though that the seat could possibly trap me in.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Absolutely.

Yes, and they will win. I don't think Honda is the main target, the city is. Clearly a major error happened as the second operator never passed on the info about the kind of van the child was in. They also stopped looking for him after 11 minutes. It was the child's father who found him, too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events