U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 09:26 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,767,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Kids don't "have sex" with their teachers. They are molested. And no, it's not always those with learning disabilities.

And yes, a 15 year old can be in middle school. Lots of 8th graders are 14 so it's not a stretch for a 15 year old to still be in middle school.
Good grief, at 15 I was almost a high school graduate. I graduated when I was 16 years, 10 months, and some number of days old. What are we turning into, a nation of idiots? And if I had had sex with my teacher at that age, I would *not* have been molested. It would have been a bad idea, but not a crime as I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 PM

341 posts, read 353,279 times
How many remember when this teacher was caught?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

Old 05-06-2018, 10:57 PM

6,183 posts, read 1,500,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Good grief, at 15 I was almost a high school graduate. I graduated when I was 16 years, 10 months, and some number of days old. What are we turning into, a nation of idiots? And if I had had sex with my teacher at that age, I would *not* have been molested. It would have been a bad idea, but not a crime as I see it.
You must have started school 2 yrs early. I turned 16 my sophomore yr in high school, majority of my classmates were the same age. I was 18 in my senior year.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:50 AM

1,018 posts, read 554,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
As a male high school teacher of now 14 years I'l provide some theories as to the why. (My first year teaching I was 23 and had a full slate of high school seniors. Female students who were 17, 18 years of age by years end....it was weird being 23 in a class of kids who for all intents and purposes were a year away from college and I had just left college)

I'll also mention I don't buy into the premeditated predator theory. The one some on here are saying that these people get into education purely to have the opportunity to be around young people and have access to them. You do realize that means you're saying that at age 17 or 18 when this woman was applying to college she said to herself "All I need to do is go 4 maybe 5 years, get my degree, pass a couple licensing tests and then I can get me some 14 year old". I hope that sounds as crazy to most as it does to me.

1. Loneliness - Normally I would chalk this up to teachers in their 20s, in a new community far away from "home". Needing some kind of a relationship with the opposite sex can blur clear thinking. Especially if you're in a place that does not have many young people your own age or like yourself. Now where this took place is in a suburban community outside Dayton Ohio and just north of Cincinnati. Not exactly BFE. Surprised she couldn't find at least ONE suitable male in his 30s or late 20s.

2. They were popular in high school - one trend i've noticed with many of the female teachers that end up in these situations is they were the popular ones when they were in school and the rules never applied to them so why should they apply now? Or in some cases they are inadvertently reliving their middle school / high school days, feel a need to be part of the "cool kids" club again and well again forget who and what they are engage in this sort of activity.

3. This goes back to #2. Some teachers just never left high school. It happens. They enjoyed high school so much they became a teacher. And then they became the "cool" teacher. And then well this happens.

4. Loss of a significant other / tense relationship. I've also seen where many of these female teachers emerge from relationships that have ended or are on rocky ground and so they reach for anyone who is giving them any attention. A female science teacher in my school district in her late 30s was arrested for sending a boy in her class lewd pictures and engaging in some non intercourse activity with him. She alleged that her husband had not paid her any physical attention in years and their marriage was rocky at best.

Again, just theories based on what I've seen over the years in some of these cases.
I think you missed on the biggest reason why this happens IMO....the females involved in these situations are able to be the ones in power/control and can dictate the boundaries of what occurs which probably appeals to them immensely. They have some kind of supervisory control over their "victims"(with the male student realizing consciously or subconsciously that the female being his teacher is an authority figure over him).

Not only that, they know the young males (probably for years thru the school environment ) and do not feel threatened by them nor in any potential danger like they would if it was an adult male they met at a bar, etc. This give them the "upper hand" so to speak and they can pretty much control and direct what/how far things will go without fearing that it may get out of hand. While a teen aged male would still probably be physically stronger and able to "take over" in these situations if they wanted to, normally the female retains the full power due to being older, the authority figure and "respected" as his teacher.

So, in a nutshell, my point is that the overall majority of times the female in a sexual relationship with a male is generally the more submissive one and these female teacher/male student sex issues turn that totally opposite, almost a role reversal in effect.

Oh and the feminists, politically correct & SJW's can rail against that statement all they want ("women are not subservient to men!!!", "we are all equal!!", "you are misogynist"...blah, blah, blah....waa...waaa...waaaah) but, as always , the truth is undeniable. It is also why if the situation was reversed (male teacher / female student) it would be treated & penalized much more severely....it is seen as much more of an invasion and indefensible when a man is the perpetrator.

Last edited by luckyram; 05-07-2018 at 10:02 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 10:28 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,767,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You must have started school 2 yrs early. I turned 16 my sophomore yr in high school, majority of my classmates were the same age. I was 18 in my senior year.
I skipped one grade. Most of my classmates were between one and one-and-a-half years older. None were two, except one guy who was held back because he came from another school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or