U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 11:34 AM

5,562 posts, read 3,131,573 times

Advertisements

A story like this is just endemic of a much larger problem.

I honestly don't understand this preoccupation with sex. And when I say I don't understand it, I REALLY don't understand it.

In fact, it is so bizarre from my point of view that I sometimes feel like I'm an alien from Zeta Reticuli sent here in the guise of a human to report on the behavioral patterns of this species.

As I said, this is a MUCH larger problem than teachers having sex with their students.

One cannot turn on the news without hearing about someone engaging in sexual misconduct. Just look how many powerful men recently were given the boot for all of their sexual assaults.

I even look at someone like Bill Clinton -- he literally had everything: money, power, a family, plus he was successful and rose to be the president. Yet he was willing to throw ALL of it away for a stupid BJ from an intern.

Is sex so damn awesome that people can flippantly risk losing their jobs, their families, their integrity, the respect of their community and quite possibly even their freedom -- just for a few seconds of orgasm?

From my vantage point, sex is the most over-hyped, overrated thing in the universe -- perhaps even within the multiverse.

What on earth happened to everyone's self-discipline? It seems as if today's world is sending some kind of subliminal cue, saying, "If you think he or she is a hottie, just grab 'em and take 'em and both morality and consequences be damned! Sex! Sex! Sex!"

Then again, there are an awful lot of people in this country that never seem to get off the first tier of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs ... if ya know what I mean.

As long as they can eat, sleep, take a dump, breathe, and most importantly, have sex, they're perfectly content to linger there at the bottom of the pyramid. Who needs all of those higher order states of mental and physical existence anyway -- when I can spend my life putting my gentitalia in things -- or having things put into my genitalia.

Because genitalia is where it's at, folks. Even Christianity in this country has been hijacked by an obsession with what people do with their private parts.

What of the other tiers of Maslow? Well, the next one is safety -- well, how safe can you be when you're committing a crime every time you have sex? You know full well you're gonna get caught. Just wait until that volatile teenager you're sleeping with has an emo fit and rats you out to get some kind of revenge for hurting him/her -- even inadvertantly.

Then comes love/belonging. Well, these are purely sexual relationships. I doubt -- very very much doubt -- that these people are in love with each other. Plus, Maslow's love doesn't mean just romantic love anyway. Belonging? C'mon now, a 32 year-old doesn't belong within the high school scene and any teacher would know that -- if for no other reason than your brain is wired differently than a teenagers' brain, and that difference is a relationship-killer. It's not as if a teacher is going to end up at the prom with his/her student, ya know?

After that comes esteem. Well, *maybe* these teachers find some kind of esteem having these pretty/studly young "things" chasing after them, but that seems difficult to believe. After you've been out of school for awhile, you really do see them as children. Ever have to go into your kid's high school for whatever reason, see the students, and think, "Damn was I ever really that young?" Yeah, the teachers should be feeling that same feeling, so I'm not sure how one can obtain esteem by manipulating or caving in to the whimsy of a teen -- especially knowing that teen relationships last on average like ... 3 months.

Finally, there is self-actualization. Well, how can animalistic sex (I'd use a more appropriate word, but all you would see is four asterisks) define who and what you are? It makes no sense -- and I very much doubt anyone will find much enlightenment in a prison cell.

And so these teachers -- in fact, MANY people with positions of authority and power -- seem drawn to sex like a moth to a flame, willing to lose that authority and power for a quick 5 second "ahh" ... and then it's over. No, I mean *really* over. Your family, your career, your integrity, your success ... all of that hard work and dedication that took decades to achieve ... out the window for something as empty and meaningless as sticking a penis into a vagina ... or wanting a penis stuck in a vagina.

I'm at a loss. Truly ... at a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 11:36 AM

641 posts, read 211,959 times
The kid probably encouraged it. Oh well another one bites the dust lol

Old 04-14-2018, 12:39 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,207,954 times
Default This just in...

New scientific studies have determined that the ability have creepy sexual desires is not monopolized by males. Hear more at 6:00

Up next, some ladies are manipulative, possessive and dangerous....how is it possible?

Back to you Ken....

Ken: We're here to talk about the thing that's truly amazing...a 14 year old lasting a half hour on one of his first sexual experiences....impressive.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:00 PM

7,108 posts, read 2,889,270 times
Hope the female teachers get the same justice as the male teachers caught abusing their students.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:04 PM

820 posts, read 274,876 times
This country is borderline psychotic concerning sexuality.
Just the hint of 'children' in the mix - never mind if they are sexually mature and the aggressor - will get a person branded for life and stigmatized beyond any measure of reason.

Why people risk it all and walk into these bear traps for a quickie, I'll never know.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM

4,547 posts, read 2,769,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Now she'll get 3 years where a male would get 15-20....

Old 04-14-2018, 02:56 PM

7,893 posts, read 12,143,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You are on to something here. In the vast majority of these cases, the female teachers were in their 20s and 30s. Almost none of them are over age 50. Jessica Langford was 32. Attractive.

Hmmmmm...Really? Are we looking at the same photos?

Old 04-14-2018, 03:20 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,547,302 times
I wish I could have banged one of my hot teachers in high school

Old 04-14-2018, 04:16 PM

6,433 posts, read 2,340,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
This country is borderline psychotic concerning sexuality.
Just the hint of 'children' in the mix - never mind if they are sexually mature and the aggressor - will get a person branded for life and stigmatized beyond any measure of reason.

Why people risk it all and walk into these bear traps for a quickie, I'll never know.
This teacher didn't walk into a bear trap. She knew better than to have sex with a 13 year old. There was no "trap" going on here.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:32 PM

16,471 posts, read 15,905,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I was looking at my father's year book from the forties - no boy would touch any of those teachers. Most every one was old with hair in a tight bun, round glasses and a mean look. That is what we need again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You are on to something here. In the vast majority of these cases, the female teachers were in their 20s and 30s. Almost none of them are over age 50. Jessica Langford was 32. Attractive.

23 year old women are teaching boys just a few years younger than they are.
There is a lot of age discrimination by employers these days, but if they were more willing to hire old teachers, we'd see a whole lot less of this problem.
I started teaching in 1975. It is interesting that, IMHO, there is A LOT more age discrimination in some/many school districts than in previous decades. My district first started pushing out the teachers over age 60, then the teachers over 58, then the teachers over 55. Then they started to target some of the teachers over 45 or 50 as being "too old to be energetic teachers" so that they could hire the cheaper teachers who were right out of college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or