U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Status: "I can learn to admire w/o having to aquire." (set 6 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,034 posts, read 3,612,315 times

Advertisements

"Investigators in Florida say a 14-year-old boy was driving a stolen car when it flipped over, killing two and injuring four female passengers between the ages of 12 and 14."

"12-year-old Chayanna Nesmith died at the scene and 13-year-old Anacshia Johnson died at the hospital."

The 2 who died I am assuming by their names are females. The other 4 passengers who were injured were females. This 1 male had a carload of females? Hmmmmm, were the girls having a slumber party and snuck out, I wonder? Or was this kid the school "heart throb"? I'm curious as to know how this 1 boy got 6 girls to go out for a joyride in the middle of the night. Anyone know "the rest of the story?"

My condolences to the families of all 7 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:54 AM

10,638 posts, read 3,316,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Iíve been to places where kids this young would shoot you dead in a heartbeat if they thought you had something they wanted. Iíve lived in areas where the person breaking into your home with a knife or a baseball bat was that age or younger. Iíve seen kids this young or younger join vicious street gangs whose initiations included things like theft, armed robbery, rape, and or murder.

I'm sorry, but the majority (obviously not all) of kids 12-14 years old are not going to steal a car, try to rob someone and definitely not kill someone! Kids that do things this young are because they are raised in an environment with NO parental supervision or guidance! It's extremely sad, but it's the truth! Children that are taught from the time that they are infants that behavior such as stealing and killing someone is not acceptable behavior TYPICALLY do not do things like this and become responsible human beings! Obviously there are exceptions. I would also think there are signs, such as bad grades, skipping school etc.

I have a 12 year old and I can tell you that there is NO way she would attempt to sneak out and definitely not steal a vehicle! Now at 14, sure she might experiment with sneaking out as most try at in the teenage years, but committing a crime, I've raised her better!

Old 04-20-2018, 11:16 AM

7,184 posts, read 7,517,679 times
Not to put my business on the internet but:
I joy ride in at lease a dozen cars growing up, sold Crack Cocaine, weed and was incarcerated all through 8, 9th grade.
At 45 plus years old, I am a old school Republican/libertarian I work for state of California and they pay me 80K year to sit in a chair.
I pay My Taxes and i give back. All that would not have happen if I was shot down in streets like some of you Internet Thugs would have it.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:57 AM

2,573 posts, read 1,043,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
No police chase, driver simply ran out of talent. Can't believe all of these parents had no idea where their 12-14 yr olds were at 3 am

Police: Car carrying 7 teens flipped, killing 2, injuring 5 - Sun Sentinel

Investigators in Florida say a 14-year-old boy was driving a stolen car when it flipped over, killing two and injuring four female passengers between the ages of 12 and 14.

In a news release sent Monday, Broward Sheriff's officials said witnesses told them the teen lost control of the car early Sunday before it left the road, hit a palm tree and then a metal pole of a railway crossing gate before landing upside down on the railroad tracks. The crash occurred in Pompano Beach. Officials say the car was stolen from the nearby city of Coconut Creek
Very sad. I canít say I never snuck out with my parents unaware. My wife tells a story of staying at a friends house where they snuck out by pushing the car down the block before turning it on.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:40 PM

124 posts, read 44,530 times
We have some very law abiding citizens on here. I can guarantee you that there are plenty of good kids who have made bad decisions that didn't go horribly wrong but easily could have. Your kids included. That's the way life works. The people on here acting tough and saying the kids got what they deserved are ridiculous.

I played varsity baseball, graduated with honors, college graduate, high paying job with a wife and kid - I snuck out multiple times in high school to drive my mustang GT fast, meet up with other friends who turned out to be upstanding citizens, and just be stupid teenagers. Did anything terrible ever happen? No...but I guess it could have - anyone could have wrecked their car, etc. And to know that the people on this thread would be so heartless, it's just disappointing that there are people like that in this world. And I agree - we never thought about the worst possible outcome. We just expected to have fun and go home eventually...nothing inherently wrong with that. And I have wonderful parents....just FYI.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 PM

820 posts, read 275,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
No police chase, driver simply ran out of talent. Can't believe all of these parents had no idea where their 12-14 yr olds were at 3 am

Police: Car carrying 7 teens flipped, killing 2, injuring 5 - Sun Sentinel

Investigators in Florida say a 14-year-old boy was driving a stolen car when it flipped over, killing two and injuring four female passengers between the ages of 12 and 14.

In a news release sent Monday, Broward Sheriff's officials said witnesses told them the teen lost control of the car early Sunday before it left the road, hit a palm tree and then a metal pole of a railway crossing gate before landing upside down on the railroad tracks. The crash occurred in Pompano Beach. Officials say the car was stolen from the nearby city of Coconut Creek
Darwinism at work.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:57 PM

9,675 posts, read 7,644,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
No tears for these kids. Sorry for the person whose vehicle they stole and destroyed.
Seriously? You never did dumb things when you were 12 to 14? This is a tragedy far more than it is a crime.

I hope you don't have children in your life.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:07 PM

12,657 posts, read 12,078,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Seriously? You never did dumb things when you were 12 to 14? This is a tragedy far more than it is a crime.

I hope you don't have children in your life.
Nothing dumb like that, nothing even remotely criminal as this. I do not even think I know anyone who did such things at that age.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
victimofGM;51663486]Because I look at these things without emotions, from a point of view based upon logic.[/b] Did anyone force these kids to steal a car? Did anyone kidnap and kill these kids? No, they were injured or killed because of their own decisions and actions. Only a fool or an idiot would believe that 12 to 14 year old kids were little angles who suddenly decided to commit grand theft. These were no little angels. These were already hardened criminals and this may not have been their first car theft. I’ve noticed sympathy for criminals getting killed while in the act of committing a crime, no matter how old or young they are. You, in your mind, see innocent children and you want to weep at their loss of life regardless of what they were doing at the time. I’ve been to places and seen the kinds of things kids this young are capable of doing and so I know just how cruel and evil kids this age can be depending on the life they’ve lived up to that point. No matter what their lives were like, it is still a matter of personal choice. They chose to steal a car. That is a major felony. They’ve probably been shoplifting, vandalizing homes and businesses, drinking alcohol, using illegal drugs, and maybe even breaking and entering to commit home robberies before moving up to stealing cars. So no, I don’t have sympathies for the little devils.
Moderator cut: personal

Kids do stupid things. Kids can even do mean and cruel things. They're still kids, immature, with their brains far from fully developed, and minus the experience to know better. Yes, of course their parents should have been on top of this. Yes, these kids were wrong, breaking the law, no doubt lying to cover their tracks...but they died for their foolishness, and they were only twelve to fourteen years old.

They were kids, and they didn't deserve to die for any of their weaknesses, lack of supervision, immaturity, foolishness, bad judgment, supposed crime. You have no idea if they had any past records, all the above is just your assumptions and judgment.

They lost their lives. They lost their futures. Their parents and families and friends have lost these children and anything they may have accomplished in later life, and instead have grief and heartache beyond measure. Society lost anything they might have accomplished in later life. No children for them, no grandchildren, either. They'll never be aunts or grandmas or moms or wives...they'll never grow up.

But you think they deserved to die because they - or their friend, these girls were not driving and were accomplices at best - stole a car and went joy-riding.

Got it.

Last edited by toosie; 04-20-2018 at 05:53 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Nothing dumb like that, nothing even remotely criminal as this. I do not even think I know anyone who did such things at that age.
Well, neither did I, but while I was unaware of it then, one of my classmates who is now a friend did all sorts of questionable things way back then. He was also a Merit Scholar Semi-finalist. Was a Marine officer, served in Vietnam, has three degrees...

He's now a multimillionaire and writer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or