U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:31 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,064,185 times

Advertisements

I couldn't watch the video - I wish we had tougher crimes for those who do such hateful things to animals. These days I prefer animals to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 06:35 AM

9,409 posts, read 5,202,941 times
Why exactly was the car owner not charged? She was as guilty as the POS we see in the clip.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:55 AM

7,588 posts, read 5,099,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I couldn't watch the video - I wish we had tougher crimes for those who do such hateful things to animals. These days I prefer animals to people.
That's the problem. We don't have anything near the harsh penalties we should have for animal abuse, and people still don't take it seriously. Many jurisdictions barely have a slap on the wrist. There should be jail time.... lengthy jail time.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:09 AM

5,538 posts, read 4,378,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I was wondering that too since the article said the driver of the car was bot a suspect. If abandoning your animal is a crime, how is the driver not an accomplice? The driver knew what was happening and was the one who ultimately drove off. Is it because only the actual owner of the dogs can be charged with a crime?
good question. I do remember reading the comments on the local news and they said that they traced down the person that registered the plates, but it wasn't them. Who knows how they got their hands on that car - a car lot sale? Hope to hear more

Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 AM

4,547 posts, read 2,769,834 times
That's how I got mine years ago. I read an ad of "Abandoned dogs" elderly couple had been feeding them (Two pups) and I went and got them.

I won't deal with any animal rescue as they have "Requirements" (Read Demands) that would have stopped me from adopting due to how I lived then (Rental) and now (In RV) and that somehow this makes me unfit.

My dogs always got the best and got it first. I went without so they never had to.

But I do agree that what she did was disgusting. Better she put an ad in the paper and gave them away....They'd have landed at good homes still...

Old 04-21-2018, 07:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,985,593 times
People do this with newborn babies as well.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:32 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I won't deal with any animal rescue as they have "Requirements" (Read Demands) that would have stopped me from adopting due to how I lived then (Rental) and now (In RV) and that somehow this makes
Neither of those would exclude you from adopting from any shelter that I'm familiar with. A lot of people who adopt dogs rent. As long as you have permission from your landlord, and you're not trying to sneak a dog.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:40 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,810,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
That's how I got mine years ago. I read an ad of "Abandoned dogs" elderly couple had been feeding them (Two pups) and I went and got them.

I won't deal with any animal rescue as they have "Requirements" (Read Demands) that would have stopped me from adopting due to how I lived then (Rental) and now (In RV) and that somehow this makes me unfit.

My dogs always got the best and got it first. I went without so they never had to.

But I do agree that what she did was disgusting. Better she put an ad in the paper and gave them away....They'd have landed at good homes still...
I've heard some of the adoption places are really strict. I found my dog on the side of the road. He was dumped because he was injured and I guess they didn't want to pay the vet bills for the surgery. I did and got a great dog out of it.

Our cat came from a rescue. The lady running the rescue had over a hundred cats she was trying to find homes for. I had met her at PetSmart when I brought the dog in the first time to get the supplies he needed to live in our home. I guess she thought we were trustworthy. We only had to fill out paperwork and pay the fee.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:43 AM

1,109 posts, read 758,946 times
I can't watch videos like that. I get too upset.

That 'woman' is a monster. An unfeeling monster.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:46 AM

1,149 posts, read 324,993 times
This is inexcusable and hopefully everyone in that car will get more than just a slap on the wrist. In addition to fines, they should e required to do 40 hours or so of community service at the local pound, feeding dogs, cleaning up poop, scrubbing kennels, and bagging euthanized dogs. With the shortage of healthy, desirable breed dogs, these dogs will find homes quickly (they didn’t appear to be Pit mixes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or