U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2018, 10:55 AM

3,270 posts, read 2,482,976 times

Advertisements

Disgusting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 01:28 PM

11,099 posts, read 6,601,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
This is inexcusable and hopefully everyone in that car will get more than just a slap on the wrist. In addition to fines, they should e required to do 40 hours or so of community service at the local pound, feeding dogs, cleaning up poop, scrubbing kennels, and bagging euthanized dogs.
As someone who has worked and volunteered at animal shelters, I do not want people like that around the dogs. If she is perfectly fine with doing that to her own dogs, how is she going to treat a shelter dog? Those dogs need people who will love and care for them, not these horrible people.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Status: "Pit bulls have killed 22 people this year. BSL NOW!" (set 4 days ago)

1,150 posts, read 327,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
As someone who has worked and volunteered at animal shelters, I do not want people like that around the dogs. If she is perfectly fine with doing that to her own dogs, how is she going to treat a shelter dog? Those dogs need people who will love and care for them, not these horrible people.
Well they would be supervised by other staff and note I didnít say walking or caring for the dogs, only doing the dirty work! They definitely should not be allowed to actually interact with the dogs other than what is necessary to do their tasks. Let them wash food bowls and kennel laundry, hose the aisles, scoop poop, and free up the real volunteers for other tasks like playing with the dogs or taking people back to see them. But making them do community service at the shelter would let them see how dogs are impacted by loser owners like themselves. Let them stand there and bag dogs as they are euthanized because no one wanted them and maybe theyíll think twice about putting dogs in that position again. And if not, itís still much needed physical labor!

Old 04-21-2018, 01:58 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,118,740 times
At least she didnít kill them.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:11 PM

9,450 posts, read 5,224,899 times
Did I read it's a $500 fine per dog? Not nearly enough punishment but you have to believe she will feel that.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:49 PM

1,513 posts, read 471,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Did I read it's a $500 fine per dog? Not nearly enough punishment but you have to believe she will feel that.
She will. It's probably what motivated her to go find the 4th dog before turning herself in. She saved $500 bucks. $1500 vs $ 2000.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:01 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,783,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Neither of those would exclude you from adopting from any shelter that I'm familiar with. A lot of people who adopt dogs rent. As long as you have permission from your landlord, and you're not trying to sneak a dog.
I was in Riverside IA 1996 Yes the local animal shelter refused me. No issue, I adopted without them. But reading through many of the local agencies rules, I'd bet a solid weeks paycheck they'd hear I was living in an RV and they kick me out. Some may be laid back, but more are getting excessive on what "They" think a person should have to be a good adopter.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:37 PM

9,286 posts, read 16,144,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
San Antonio has a real problem with the population's males of the city's culture refusing to get male dogs neutered. I have been told they "take it personally". IOW, it's a "manhood" issue. This attitude, of course, results in the over-population of animals in this city.
This is a common perspective in males across many cultures and many cities and towns.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
That's how I got mine years ago. I read an ad of "Abandoned dogs" elderly couple had been feeding them (Two pups) and I went and got them.

I won't deal with any animal rescue as they have "Requirements" (Read Demands) that would have stopped me from adopting due to how I lived then (Rental) and now (In RV) and that somehow this makes me unfit.

My dogs always got the best and got it first. I went without so they never had to.

But I do agree that what she did was disgusting. Better she put an ad in the paper and gave them away....They'd have landed at good homes still...
You have not been talking to the right rescues..... none of the ones I work with would reject you for being a renter, (with landlord ok) or an RVer.....

and placing dogs in newspaper or Craig's List ads is how those dogs wind up as bait dogs for the fighters......

Old 04-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Status: "I can learn to admire w/o having to aquire." (set 11 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,045 posts, read 3,622,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
At least she didnít kill them.
She may as well have. Any or all could be hit be a car or other massive vehicle, starve or dehydrate, get attacked by another animal, get beaten or shot or tortured by a "human", get caught in a trap set in the woods, or any of many other ways for them to suffer a cruel, painful death.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:51 PM

1,513 posts, read 471,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
She may as well have. Any or all could be hit be a car or other massive vehicle, starve or dehydrate, get attacked by another animal, get beaten or shot or tortured by a "human", get caught in a trap set in the woods, or any of many other ways for them to suffer a cruel, painful death.
No, she might as well not have, not in a place where she can drop them off in a safe place free of charge. Let's not give any heartless idiots any sick ideas, kk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or