Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 07:37 PM

8,050 posts, read 3,389,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Investigators believe she met the person through a social media account. She later messaged a friend saying she was possibly heading to Ohio and to call police.

Police are asking the public to contact their local law enforcement agency if they see her.
Police: Berea teen leaves school with unknown person, texts friend for help

From what they're saying, some man lured the girl he met via social media away from the school and he took off with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 07:55 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,089,574 times
Darwin award candidate?

Old 04-25-2018, 08:40 PM

46 posts, read 18,574 times
Quite sad......I hope they find her!!!!!!!!! (Quite stupid of the person to let her keep her phone!! (Lucky for her though))

I am gonna pray for her..........

Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 PM

8,050 posts, read 3,389,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonidee View Post
Quite sad......I hope they find her!!!!!!!!! (Quite stupid of the person to let her keep her phone!! (Lucky for her though))

I am gonna pray for her..........
There are a lot of predators out there that seek out naive girls like this. Hoping she's rescued before harm comes to her, but it's worrisome she hasn't been spotted yet. Plus, if he discovered she sent the text he may have done something to her to cover his tracks.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:29 AM

46 posts, read 18,574 times
Ya a very sad/disturbing case

Old 04-26-2018, 09:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,473,899 times
Was she lured away or did she willingly leave? The article is pretty vague on this.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,830,393 times
Berea, Kentucky, is just down the road from me.

Amber Renae Wagers is a naïve fifteen year old, evidently lured away from school by someone older whom she encountered online. She texted or called a friend and asked them to call the police, and that she thought she was being taken to Ohio against her will. There is no description of the abductor, but they are believed to be in a white Chevy Malibu heading north.

I-75 runs from Berea straight to Ohio and on to Michigan, right across from the Canadian border in Detroit, and the cities along I-75 would be the first places I'd check if I were one of the authorities.

I-75 can be reached in no more than five or ten minutes from Amber's school. I hope an Amber Alert will be issued (may have already been - need to check updates).

Later - I originally thought this girl took off today - it was yesterday, April 25, so she could be anywhere by now. No Amber Alert yet - evidently because she left of her own free will, she does not qualify, regardless of the likelihood of crossing state lines and her later message to her friend.

Seems to me an Amber Alert is indicated.

Amber Wagers, the young lady who is missing, is white. She has rounded, pretty features, dark eyes, and long dark wavy hair which was worn loose in the picture posted of her by the police. She looks young for her age to me, more like a thirteen or fourteen year old. I do not know her height or weight and can't find a description of what she was wearing.

Not do I know how she got out of school at 10:00. Her school is considered a very good one, but they'll have a lot of questions to answer about this, and rightfully so.

If you are in the area and especially if you are on the roads likely to be taken by the abductor, keep your eyes open. And keep Amber and her family and friends in your prayers.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 04-26-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Old 04-26-2018, 11:55 AM

253 posts, read 227,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Darwin award candidate?
Yeah, let's make fun of the teenager who got abducted. Kids do stupid stuff. I just hope she makes it home safe and can learn from her mistake.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:00 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,834,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW127 View Post
Yeah, let's make fun of the teenager who got abducted. Kids do stupid stuff. I just hope she makes it home safe and can learn from her mistake.
Thank you, you said it nicer then I was thinking.

Being callous about a child being abducted and could potentially be being raped, could be murdered, sex trafficked, etc...not cool.

I feel so bad for her and her parents. Hoping for her safe return.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,720,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Darwin award candidate?
Only if you consider throwing a girl in to the deep end of the pool before she's learned to swim a Darwinian matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events