U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 09:26 PM

992 posts, read 666,962 times

Advertisements

The little Prince is so adorable ��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 09:43 PM

9,665 posts, read 7,629,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
LOL, i seem to be the only person who doesn't give a good double fweet about what happens across the pond, probably because I'm half Irish (which is the dominant gene by far and how I was raised to believe all things Irish are the only things worthwhile in the world) .....and if your ancestors were subjugated to atrocity after atrocity for centuries by the "Brits".... you too would never have bought your kids matchbox cars, made in Lesney England, nor Reebok sneakers, which were all the RAGE in the 80's, nope, good old Converse had to do for them, LOL..... in fact, come to find out, my ancestors were aligned with the O'Neills in County Tyrone, we were the fierce and to be feared O'F............'s, the right hand men to the great Hugh, his Mafia crew, cuz dontcha know Kings never do their own dirty work, murdering and slaying, oh no, they had us do it for them, lol... , and point in fact, my great great grandmother was the granddaughter of the great Hugh..... so I am of Irish Royalty!!! Who'd a thunk!!!!!! pretty cool...... so no, i hate everything English since the first Elizabeth (but adore anti-crown Shakespeare who had to hide his papist leanings).....but what Cromwell did to the landed Irish, kicking 'em all off their lands and the constant giving away Irish land to supporters of the crown.... indefensible in my irish eyes .... and yeah, I hold a grudge..... and my ancestors still to this day!!!! own the land, no one ever ever dared mess with us, we were and i still am, fierce and to be feared!!!! and it has carried me past cancer five times and i hold onto my heritage every darn day, cause i know it has made me strong and a fighter none can ever conquer. Yeppers. Gots no use for the Brits lol...... even met Andrew Motion, brit poet laureate, and got into a huge debate Yeats vs Keats, and he cried Uncle first I truly am passionate for my heritage

P.S.... oh and CraigCreek..... 52 pounds or pence? don't know what your "p" stands for but with a pound worth just under $2 or maybe more like $1.60.....and pounds aren't even in use with the euro..... still, per subject and each member of the house of "Windsor" (totally made up appellation, they are of German descent and not English) that's a hefty amount of lettuce..... no wonder Scotland is voting again and again and again to break free from the "COMMON"-wealth???? more like Royal-wealth.
Pound is "L". Pence (i.e., pennies) are actually abbreviated "d", from the Latin denarius, but I used "p" which is the usual spoken term. So, 52 pence per year total. British pennies.

That covers ALL the Royals - it's not 52p apiece, but 52p for the everyone (which, however, does not include some of the younger generation who are farther removed from the throne - Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie don't receive anything at all from taxpayers), so I understand.

Euros don't come into it, as they are not the official currency in the UK.

The later generations of the House of Windsor include Scottish, Irish, English, Welsh, and even American ancestors - not just Germans. The Queen is half-Scots; her children one-quarter Scots.

So thank Diana, Queen Mother Elizabeth, Autumn Kelly, Kate Middleton, Sophie Rhyss-Jones, Anthony Armstrong Jones, Prince Phillip, Mike Tindall, and Sarah Ferguson for helping "diversify" the Windsors. Before their time, a good deal of Danish ancestry entered the family via Queen Alexandra as it did later through Prince Phillip. And of course, now the family is about to get even more diverse, thanks to Meghan Markle.

I'm also of Irish descent, and yes, most likely "the O'Neill" was a so many times great granddaddy. So we might be cousins. Seems he was that to at least half of Ireland.

But I'm also of English, Scots, Welsh, Scots-Irish, Channel Islander, French, and German descent, so it would be kinda silly for me to pick sides this late in the day. My ancestors may have been very much at odds with each other - but I am at peace with all of them, and realize that the places and ways in which they lived have changed enormously over the years.

So, to me, there's no point in getting upset about long-ago issues, though pride in my ancestors' bravery and interest in their home countries are very much with me still.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:35 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,114,298 times
Louis is a nice name. Must be nice to be rich and do nothing all day.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:48 PM

21,481 posts, read 26,078,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Louis is a nice name. Must be nice to be rich and do nothing all day.
They seem to be pretty busy for people who do nothing all day.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 PM

1,389 posts, read 544,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
LOL...I gave birth with no surgeries or complications, when I was younger than she. And I will tell you: I didn't look like that! I wish!
Next time, bring a professional hair stylist and makeup artist and you'll look like that too. She looks glamorous because she HAS to. The whole world is watching her, and she represents the royal family, so she has to look beautiful and put together every time she's in public. She can't look tired and haggard like a regular woman because one wrong look and the image tanks. Besides, people will think with all their money, they couldn't even hire a hair stylist and makeup artist to make her look better?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 PM

5,468 posts, read 5,771,813 times
Why do I care?

Old 05-05-2018, 09:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 2,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh for sure I AM NOT JEALOUS. Nor anyone else's life, my life is good.
Of course you are jealous. And you care that your previous post painted you as being jealous.

^^^^^ If either of my statements above were untrue, you wouldn't have felt the need to deny your jealousy in all caps.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:31 PM

13,865 posts, read 13,539,572 times
Cute pictures.

Can You Spot the Sweet Hand-Me-Down in the New Photo of Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...gZZ?li=BBnbfcL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or