U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 01:26 PM

234 posts, read 137,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
The ones 'hurt' are the ones who will not be getting their inheritances because they were swindled by a con artist.
It's her money not thiers. They are not entitled to inherit her money unless she chooses to leave it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 PM

6,274 posts, read 3,573,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for them, as long as they are happy, no one else to judge.

https://www.healthspiritbody.com/alm...gary-hardwick/
Ewww. Just Ewww.
I don't think age matters....but this to me, is just creepy.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:51 PM

72,671 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
It's her money not thiers. They are not entitled to inherit her money unless she chooses to leave it to them.
This is true. Parents don't always leave their money to their kids, anyway. That's kind of an erroneous assumption, that they do that. Some do, of course. Others leave all or part of their assets to charitable organizations, their alma mater, research institutions, whatever. Sometimes adult children who assume they'll be getting a windfall, experience a rude awakening. Inheritances wouldn't be taken for granted.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:54 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Senior cougar#1

Old 05-04-2018, 01:57 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,118,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for them, as long as they are happy, no one else to judge.

https://www.healthspiritbody.com/alm...gary-hardwick/

19 goes into 72 more than 3 times.....72 goes into 19.....not at all........

Old 05-04-2018, 01:58 PM

72,671 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What makes you feel the grandchildren haven't been nurturing this woman? Just curious. Also, did they mention inheritance in the article? I'm assuming so and answered partially based on that but in skimming the article I didn't see it, so I may have missed it. Is this the main objection? I answered that idea based on someone else here mentioning it.

The elderly definitely can be vulnerable, just as the very young can be vulnerable. Although there's no saying this is definitely a case of usury, it DOES make one wonder when there is this significant an age difference, whether one or the other is being used in some way, and therefore it is bound to raise some questions. Again, that's not saying this can't be true love (after three weeks). And yes, the woman does have a right to be happy too. But will there be questions? On the part of the family who loves her? Well, of course. Families do look out for one another. That's our job.
It does in a case involving a 19-year-old, who proposes marriage after just 2 weeks of dating. We have no idea if there's major money involved; the bride could just be living off her late husband's social security check, and some modest savings. She could have a reverse-mortgage on her home, so there would be nothing to inherit, in terms of real estate. In some respects, it looks a little fishy, but in the absence of more info. ...meh.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:11 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,243,339 times
My husbands ex wife( aged 51-2 ? ) just married a 24 yr old . They seem to be thrilled and I am thrilled she is out of my hair for a few years .

Alot of men are starting to go for more mature ladies , they don't have to be loaded . We just simply know what we want and hopefully by that time who we are . As far as family feeling unloved and forsaken . My kids dumped me a long time ago because I wasn't a fountain of money so everything I have is going to St. Judes anyway . No problem !

Old 05-04-2018, 02:16 PM

2,215 posts, read 754,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I feel like, if someone comes into my life when I am old, and makes my last years more enjoyable, actually gives me time and attention, love and affection, when my actual descendants see me as a nuisance they don't even want to bother with visiting...well it's sure my own choice who I want to leave my assets to, so long as I am of sound mind.
^^^^^ Yes, this!

Old 05-04-2018, 02:18 PM

39,034 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
19 goes into 72 more than 3 times.....
I bet it’s been WAY more than 3 times.

I’m still stuck on the fact that they met at Chuck E. Cheese.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:19 PM

25,347 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It does in a case involving a 19-year-old, who proposes marriage after just 2 weeks of dating. We have no idea if there's major money involved; the bride could just be living off her late husband's social security check, and some modest savings. She could have a reverse-mortgage on her home, so there would be nothing to inherit, in terms of real estate. In some respects, it looks a little fishy, but in the absence of more info. ...meh.

Well, absolutely. I wasn't really just talking about money, though. That was something brought up on the thread as the article didn't say anything about it (I don't think). So my references to inheritance were answering that. And has been stated, it doesn't look like she's rich, unless she has gold buried under the apple tree or hundred-dollar bills in the antique books, who knows.

I just meant it will bring up questions in general.

Even more than his age and her age and possible inheritance (who knows?) and all that, I'd think the biggest concern here would be knowing one another three weeks before tying the knot. But really that's just one more thing that would be a red flag for many people. Not all but many.

And of course, having just dated a 75-year-old. As has been pointed out, that may just be a preference. People have preferences and some fall outside of the average.

Then you take his very young age, no matter what age woman he were to marry...yes...it's a fair bit younger than the average.

But...it's really all these things combined, not just one thing (IMO), that makes it seem "off." JMHO.

And of course it may all be aboveboard and a true love story. Or even just two lonely people who found solace...that's not weird at all...happens every day. So I'm not sounding the alarm, I'm just saying IMO it is not at all strange that people would do a double-take, combining all these factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or