U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 02:17 AM

6,124 posts, read 5,157,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Some women are just mad a man beat them at their own game.
They should just look at paying for a man's dinner as exercising some "feminist muscle"?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:56 AM

20,682 posts, read 15,463,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can't imagine anyone saying, in the abstract, this man is unattractive. Handsome is as handsome does, and we get all that, but if you just look at his pic he'd be considered by our culture to be very good-looking.

And that's why he keeps managing to get women to go out with him. If he weren't physically attractive, he wouldn't be able to keep getting women who don't know him to go out with him.

And I think that's why it's taken so long for this story to come out, and why so many women are silent. If you go out with some ugly buffoon and he walks the check, you complain.

If you fall for a guy's flattery because he's handsome and smooth, it's embarrassing. Because that's kind of on you.

I think this is actually kind of funny. This is the kind of thing men have been upset at women for doing throughout the ages - ordering lobster and steak, expensive appetizers, desserts, and then bu bye.

What he's doing is not that different from that.
Really? I don't find him attractive at all!

About going with a group, I always get separate checks. I still get the grumbles from people about that because they don't understand. 'Oh it's no big deal, we'll just figure it out at the end."

No! I always end up paying way more than I consumed that way. Nope. I will get my own check, thank you.

And about the ladies who get up to go to the ladies room and never come back? Oh it happens. I've known people in the past who did that. They've told me that they did it. "He was weird!" or "He kept harping on country music and I like country music" (that is a direct quote from one of them), or "Ugh, he was so disgusting! I would never date him!" (Except that they were on a date, blind or otherwise.) And they thought it was hilarious that they told their date that they were going to the ladies room and then left. I remember because I was shocked, no matter how many times I heard it.

Also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Seriously, I know of no woman, ever, who ever excused herself to go to the ladies room & then dipped out.

Had an arrangement with a friend to call, especially for blind dates? Yes. But at least then the person gets a “good bye, so sorry, my house is on fire, gotta go!” Not just ditched.

I also can’t imagine any guys I know actually calling the cops. They would prefer to just pay it & get the heck outta there.
Hilarious. I've had friends ask me to call them at a certain time during their date for that very reason, but it was never as funny as "excuse me, my house is on fire, gotta go". That cracked me up. It's hilarious how some females think that the guy has no idea what that random phone call in the middle of dinner means. They know what it is, ladies aren't fooling anyone with that. I tried to do it one time, when I was just getting started in the dating world, but even though I knew I was not going to see the person again, he was really nice and I couldn't do that to him. I don't know how some people can....I guess if the guy is a real creep....but then if he was, why not just say so and leave. I wouldn't stick around waiting for my friend to call me with the fake emergency, I'd just say that the date was over, pay whatever, and go.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:59 AM

1,458 posts, read 516,118 times
It’s amazing the number of men just rubbing their hands together in glee when something nasty happens to a woman. Then men wonder why women don’t want to date them.

Most women these days don’t mind paying for dates or meals. This isn’t about the money. This is about fraud and one person’s lying and deception.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:01 AM

1,512 posts, read 471,269 times
I'm amazed at how many men want to go out, but resent paying. Or, maybe they aren't men...yet. At any rate, there are free things to do if you are strapped for cash.

If you ask someone out to dinner, it is assumed you are paying, unless other arrangements are previously discussed. And yes, a lot of women are traditionalists who expect the man to pay for the date. It doesn't make them bad to expect this. It has been that way since the first caveman invited a female over for an evening by the cozy fire HE built, and a brontoburger that HE hunted down and cooked.

Ladies, beware: It's not just this guy doing this. This isnt something new that this guy came up with on his own. It has been going on for years already, probably as long as online dating has existed.

Its a bad situation all around, because if you leave the restaurant with the guy, you are BOTH running out without paying. And, if you stay, the establishment isn't going to want to hear that your date left you high and dry - they will expect YOU to pay the tab. Afterall, you are his date - his accomplice, even if unwittingly so.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:08 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,374,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
By the woman fleeing the restaurant?
Whether she flees or stays a while, he pays the bill all the same. So now a woman got stuck with the bill and now it's a news item? What the?

Old 05-09-2018, 04:18 AM

1,458 posts, read 516,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Whether she flees or stays a while, he pays the bill all the same. So now a woman got stuck with the bill and now it's a news item? What the?
You really donít see the difference?

Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 AM

15,616 posts, read 9,168,636 times
closed due to battle of the sexes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.