U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 03:53 PM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times

Advertisements

okay who all is for euthanizing the idiot who said the k-9s will have to be euthanized ? I know a girl at our church she adopted one of these retired k-9s and when she goes into the woods with her horse this dog is right with her and the horse and he never leaves her side . So that idiot who made that statement does not know anything about what he is talking about . I say the people of that city should be recommending that he be removed from office .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 05:16 PM

10,406 posts, read 5,975,773 times
Very sad. I hope the high people get is worth it.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:23 PM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Haven't we been through this scenario already? ... you know, the one by Cheech and Chong, where the dog ate the stash ... and they smoked the "by-product"?

The stupidity and depravity at the bottom of the societal heap gets worse every day.
So I suppose I need to explain to you that the movie was fiction. And nobody tied you to a chair to watch the darn thing. Or maybe they did, lol. It was a C O M E D Y silly.

But if you were talking about the police comment then I take this all back. What you said is completely true.

Last edited by mlulu23; 05-08-2018 at 05:40 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay who all is for euthanizing the idiot who said the k-9s will have to be euthanized ? I know a girl at our church she adopted one of these retired k-9s and when she goes into the woods with her horse this dog is right with her and the horse and he never leaves her side . So that idiot who made that statement does not know anything about what he is talking about . I say the people of that city should be recommending that he be removed from office .
^^^^^ Yep Yep!!!

Old 05-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Very sad. I hope the high people get is worth it.

Please tell me you don't really believe that press release. Can't you recognize manipulation when you see it? The guy is a lying lunatic. Look at all the states where it has been legal already. Their k-9s are still alive, and barking. Seriously, try to keep up.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Pot is a huge meal ticket for the police. It's better than writing traffic tickets. It's good for towns, judges, and police depts. The drug cartels also want to keep pot illegal.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:23 PM

1,572 posts, read 555,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Pot is a huge meal ticket for the police. It's better than writing traffic tickets. It's good for towns, judges, and police depts. The drug cartels also want to keep pot illegal.
This is very true.

During Prohibition, repeal was the last thing organized crime wanted because they were making a killing running illegal booze.

In the case of marijuana, it's just one more law to enforce, requiring more officers to employ. Who cares if it's a bad law? They don't. Plus, they're going to lose a major forfeiture excuse. That's the real meal ticket for law enforcement agencies - confiscating your belongings that have nothing to do with the element of the crime. There's a joint in your $40k SUV? Now that joint belongs to us! ('us' being law enforcement, of course, not the public they supposedly serve). Pot plant in your backyard? Thanks for the 4-bed/2-bath house! Now we can buy an armored vehicle and complete the militarization of your local cop shop!

And the irony? The loudest brayers about BIG GOVERNMENT! and NANNY STATE! are the ones falling lock-step behind this unequivocal example of government and its minions (ie, law enforcement) running amok.

"Oh, yeah? So ya wanna legalize weed? Then Fido gets it!"

https://media.treehugger.com/assets/...0this20dog.jpg

Last edited by toosie; 05-08-2018 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 05-08-2018, 07:48 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
This is very true.

During Prohibition, repeal was the last thing organized crime wanted because they were making a killing running illegal booze.

In the case of marijuana, it's just one more law to enforce, requiring more officers to employ. Who cares if it's a bad law? They don't. Plus, they're going to lose a major forfeiture excuse. That's the real meal ticket for law enforcement agencies - confiscating your belongings that have nothing to do with the element of the crime. There's a joint in your $40k SUV? Now that joint belongs to us! ('us' being law enforcement, of course, not the public they supposedly serve). Pot plant in your backyard? Thanks for the 4-bed/2-bath house! Now we can buy an armored vehicle and complete the militarization of your local cop shop!

And the irony? The loudest brayers about BIG GOVERNMENT! and NANNY STATE! are the ones falling lock-step behind this unequivocal example of government and its minions (ie, law enforcement) running amok.

"Oh, yeah? So ya wanna legalize weed? Then Fido gets it!"

https://media.treehugger.com/assets/...0this20dog.jpg
I was at a local municipal court to negotiate a moving violations ticket. There were one other guy there for moving violations while there were over a dozen folks mainly teenagers and under 30 something all there for drug offenses related to pot. I was tired of sitting there listening to the same drug possession cases. None of them were caught with a huge bag but they have to pay over $500 in fines and court fees.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I was at a local municipal court to negotiate a moving violations ticket. There were one other guy there for moving violations while there were over a dozen folks mainly teenagers and under 30 something all there for drug offenses related to pot. I was tired of sitting there listening to the same drug possession cases. None of them were caught with a huge bag but they have to pay over $500 in fines and court fees.
Easy money for LE, and the for profit prison system. As a young person I lost faith in LE, and some of our fearless leaders after I realized they had lied to us about MJ. I figured that if they lied about that, what else have they lied to us about? Plenty.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 PM

14,311 posts, read 12,565,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"At this point, they're trained on five different odors," explained the Normal Police Department's assistant police chief, Steve Petrilli, a former K-9 handler. "Once they're programed with that, you can't just deprogram them." The dogs are also trained against being social in order to be effective workers, which led Larner to suggest "a number" of the K-9s would have to be euthanized in the event that marijuana is legalized, The Pantagraph writes.
Illinois police claim if marijuana is legalized, they'll have to kill their police dogs

I'm speechless lol

To any police department that buys into that garbage........good luck ever passing another police levy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or