U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:11 AM

4,093 posts, read 3,386,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Oh give me a break. "If you legalize marijuana, I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue and die".

Drug dogs HAVE to be social, or they wouldn't be allowed to intermingle in schools and at airports. These dogs are not feral; in fact, they're well-trained to behave socially in crowds of a variety of types of people.
This

Well said ClaraC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 09:25 AM

14,933 posts, read 16,520,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Very sad. I hope the high people get is worth it.
Wow, you are easily manipulated.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM

2,215 posts, read 753,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Easy money for LE, and the for profit prison system. As a young person I lost faith in LE, and some of our fearless leaders after I realized they had lied to us about MJ. I figured that if they lied about that, what else have they lied to us about? Plenty.

I need to apologize for something I left out. I should have said that I lost faith in "some" LE. Because as an earlier excellent post mentioned, there are many who are not greedy, and power hungry, but are reasonable, and compassionate. And I don't mean letting real criminals off with a slap on the hand. No, not at all.

If you look at my profile under "Heroes" I have listed LE, our military, and our leaders. I am thankful for the honest, brave, and faithful ones. It's the ones who don't have those desirable qualities that I was disappointed in. Just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for your service. Be safe, and blessed.

Last edited by mlulu23; 05-09-2018 at 10:56 AM..

Old 05-09-2018, 01:54 PM

1,328 posts, read 700,709 times
Normal Police Department's assistant police chief, Steve Petrilli, is an idiot.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:40 PM

2,410 posts, read 627,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"At this point, they're trained on five different odors," explained the Normal Police Department's assistant police chief, Steve Petrilli, a former K-9 handler. "Once they're programed with that, you can't just deprogram them." The dogs are also trained against being social in order to be effective workers, which led Larner to suggest "a number" of the K-9s would have to be euthanized in the event that marijuana is legalized, The Pantagraph writes.
Illinois police claim if marijuana is legalized, they'll have to kill their police dogs

I'm speechless lol
I too have to call BS. And I find this funny that this is coming from Illinois, which I thought was a liberal state, and liberals love weed and dogs?????? Why make up stuff like this for some over dramatic fear mongering?

Old 05-09-2018, 03:45 PM

2,278 posts, read 704,732 times
As full national legalization becomes more likely, expect this New Millennium Reefer Madness to get worse. LEO and the courts make way too much money off marijuana's illegal status to give up easily. No more easy busts for a joint or a few grams of bud, they would actually have to investigate real crimes committed by real criminals - many for the first time in their careers.

If you need the cops to arrive fast, tell 911 you see a black kid smoking a joint. You will have a full SWAT team there within seconds.

Last edited by shorman; 05-09-2018 at 03:53 PM..

Old 05-09-2018, 04:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,242,662 times
This guy is uneducated and wrong . He... ugh .
I cannot stand my ex husband . Like at all , but he trained these dogs not only for drugs, bombs, metal , bodies living and dead , accelerants , certain metals , substances - all sorts of things , for all sorts of law enforcement and this is crazy . I lived with them for 15 years as they came in and went out or retired out at our private home and I am usually scared of dogs .
These dogs don't have to be put down at all ! We had many retirees trained by talented others as well, live out the rest of their lives with us and helped me raise a bunch of kids in the process and helped me out on the farm at that time. This guy is wrong. They even liked the barn cats .

I am grateful for legalization where I live .
It was used to safely help me off of an 8mg rx of benzos I'd been on for 25 because the Dr's would rather put a bandaid on something than fix it. without cannabis I stood a very high chance of dying coming off that class of drug . .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 05-09-2018 at 06:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2018, 06:17 PM

572 posts, read 448,441 times
I always figured the dogs were trained to respond to something the trainer does. Just think of all the money spent keeping so many in prison for a nonviolent crime?

Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 9 days ago)

13,361 posts, read 11,871,000 times
Sell them to pot smokers to help them find the closest weed.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 PM

16,476 posts, read 17,501,756 times
Are you kidding me. As much as people love dogs you would have riots if someone started to euthanize police dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or