U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 01:54 PM

9,599 posts, read 17,702,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The problem is congress keeps passing legislation relating to the patriot act. And there is hardly a peep about it. In most of the country the police can seize property, even bank accounts with a app on their phone and ask questions later and there is hardly a peep about it.

People in general could care less about their civil liberties. Which to me is very scary.
I guess they are afraid. Look at how nasty the IRS is.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 06:49 AM

6,153 posts, read 1,497,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I guess they are afraid. Look at how nasty the IRS is.
People do not realize THEY have the constitutional right and even in some cases, the DUTY, to take action against things like this.

'they' need to be fearful of the people, not the other way around.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:34 AM

10,090 posts, read 6,489,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If we are to believe the site, Snopes.com said that claim is false.
The claim is false but the comments were true.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/le...sniffing-dogs/

Old 05-12-2018, 10:08 AM

9,273 posts, read 5,784,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"At this point, they're trained on five different odors," explained the Normal Police Department's assistant police chief, Steve Petrilli, a former K-9 handler. "Once they're programed with that, you can't just deprogram them." The dogs are also trained against being social in order to be effective workers, which led Larner to suggest "a number" of the K-9s would have to be euthanized in the event that marijuana is legalized, The Pantagraph writes.
Illinois police claim if marijuana is legalized, they'll have to kill their police dogs

I'm speechless lol

I'd adopt a couple of these dogs, anything to keep potheads off my property is a plus.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:13 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
So-o-o-o we should keep pot illegal in order to "save the police dogs"? What the heck kind of logic is that?

Old 05-12-2018, 10:19 AM

2,215 posts, read 754,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois
If we are to believe the site, Snopes.com said that claim is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
The claim is false but the comments were true.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/le...sniffing-dogs/
Thank you very much guys for finding this excellent article. Who better to ask than the Denver, and Seattle Police Depts who have gone on ahead in this legalization matter. It's nice to know the truth .

Old 05-12-2018, 11:05 AM

770 posts, read 563,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"At this point, they're trained on five different odors," explained the Normal Police Department's assistant police chief, Steve Petrilli, a former K-9 handler. "Once they're programed with that, you can't just deprogram them." The dogs are also trained against being social in order to be effective workers, which led Larner to suggest "a number" of the K-9s would have to be euthanized in the event that marijuana is legalized, The Pantagraph writes.
Illinois police claim if marijuana is legalized, they'll have to kill their police dogs

I'm speechless lol
Shucks .... if that means people stop doing prison time for marijuana possession ... Let me get my rifle ready ..

How do you think cows are slaughtered on grandpa's farm ? Do you think the meat was 30 years old, or old Willie put a 22 between the eyes ? No sense feed that cow grass if he's done growing meat on the bones!

Old 05-12-2018, 10:33 PM

6,153 posts, read 1,497,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
So-o-o-o we should keep pot illegal in order to "save the police dogs"? What the heck kind of logic is that?
'Police dogs' is code for police in general!

If pot is legalized in more and more states, POLICE in general will be loosing out, no more big budgets to fight the drug war, not as many police jobs needed, not as much police equipment/ vehicles, etc needed.

Take drug crime and drug related crime out of the picture...what kind of crime would most police depts be left to deal with on a daily basis...in other words...legalize drugs and police will become irrelevant. Naturally they are trying to fight that.

I think of the police as the drug cartels lobbyist/ enforcement arm in the US. Ensuring there is always a market for the drugs and that there is NO competition, the pharma companies learned that the hard way back in 2012 with the opioid laws, they ensured all the pill addicts MUST go the cartel for heroin/opioids and not from another source anymore, DEA and Govt made it happen.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:23 AM

1,063 posts, read 322,840 times
Retire the dogs and give them a pension. Fire a couple of no good cops that have a bad track record to pay for it. Problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or