U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 04:31 PM

20,419 posts, read 26,544,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
I haven't seen any article that said that the woman who called the police was white, and since Rialto's population is less than 10% white, odds are she wasn't.
Just about every article out there specifies she was an elderly white woman.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/us/ai...rnd/index.html

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...0508-0001.html

3 black women checked out of their Airbnb rental, then someone called the police on them | WGN-TV

http://www.ktvu.com/news/video-white...-airbnb-guests

I could go on for pages.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-12-2018 at 05:01 PM..

Old 05-12-2018, 07:03 PM

12,967 posts, read 24,006,718 times
Just another nosy busybody.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:23 AM

1,063 posts, read 322,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Ironically true but slightly scary since Iím a very large black guy on a white street. Iím probably moving out by the end of the year and I hope no one calls the police on me for loading my own into my own car.
As a Black Man I assume the police will be called at all times and I will always have to explain what I'm doing, where I am going and why.

However, I think a few things that have helped me avoid these types of encounters are:

- Only living in predominantly mixed working class areas that have plenty of immigrants (easier in NYC than in other cities). Most of these racial events it's usually Anglo Whites calling the police. Eastern Europeans are not afraid of Black people - AT ALL...They will not call the police, they will call their cousin Boris with the meat cleaver and the Kalashnikov.

- Having a non-Black/non-White spouse. If you're with a White Woman depending on what state you reside in you've kidnapped her across state lines and are battering her. Especially in NC/SC. If you're with a Black Woman you're up to no good. When the Woman is Asian they assume you are wealthy. Because the only time an Asian Woman dates a Black man is when he's rich. You get the "Safe Black" card. If she is Latina, you are a Sports player or celebrity.

- Point A to Point B. I don't loiter anywhere in public spaces generally. Not that I really have the time to anyway.

- Limit interactions with Koreans in Non-Korean neighborhoods. This is a weird one, because I used to live in a predominantly Korean neighborhood. And never had the police called on me. But for some reason when they own establishments in any other community other than their own - You are automatically branded as "trouble". So I generally won't patronize them too much. Now my ex was Korean, born in Busan and generally she said the Koreans who come here are not very educated. They believe everything they see on TV, they are the equivalent of hillbillies from Chattanooga, TN or Dunedin, FL. It is not a racial thing it's an ignorance thing. Remember: A lot of stupid people can be racist, but almost all racists are stupid. Having said that, it is night and day generally if you go to their community and go to a Korean restaurant, generally you are treated with respect.

- I don't excessively smile or wave to White people to assuage any concerns they may have. Then again we are in NYC and not Denver, CO. I think #1, #2 and #3 usually cover me well enough where I don't have to even acknowledge them most times. In the community I live in there are barely any Anglo Whites. It is mostly Eastern European, Greek, Italian, Arab, Mexican, Japanese, etc. I posted this in the Philly Starbucks thread but I think in general if you avoid areas with heavy concentration of Anglo Whites you will have less problems with the police. Other European groups generally have enclaves and associated "mafias" but not in the "Cosa Nostra" sense. They have friends and family who operate quasi-legal operations and believe more in a type of "street justice" that doesn't involve using the police or legal system for every little thing. I have quite a few Russian and Greek friends from H.S. that said calling the police is for sissies and that the family is the first resource. When you have a problem you call Uncle _____. I think it is because both here and in their home country the Police are perceived as useless and corrupt.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:52 AM

15,616 posts, read 9,158,729 times
the Current Events level discussion on this topic is about tapped out. Some interesting discussion is picking up but itís not Current Events material. Thanks for posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or