U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 03:07 PM

4,433 posts, read 1,511,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The thing is, the aide couldn't see what was going on and if the girl cries frequently, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary with autism (because the frustration of not being able to argue or communicate like other people can do is HUGE and can result in just crying or screaming), the aide may have figured the bus driver WAS being calm, and trying to calm the girl appropriately.

I don't know what the bus protocol is there...or the protocol in general...whether the aide thought that if it was just a matter of trying to help an upset child off a bus might have made things worse. And realistically, had this been a more normal, non-abusive situation, it might have. Adding MORE people talking at the hysterical autistic child can be a recipe for a total nightmare.

I know that others are not allowed to step onto the bus, with my kids' buses. Including us parents. I don't know if that's true for aides as well. It's very obvious the aide was TRYING to get the hell on that bus. If she had previously been directed not to interfere and had been given a protocol that would have been what stopped her. The aide then left...I am assuming she went to get someone to help. I don't know what happened there. I do know that in a confusing situation like that one, someone can indeed get hurt and it only takes seconds.

That giant behemoth could have seriously hurt that kid, yanking and dragging her across car seats, shoving her to the floor, grabbing her by the clothes and dropping her, THEN when the poor kid FINALLY makes it struggling and screaming for the front door, this b I T C H (sorry!!) stops her AGAIN in order to really make the kid scream! I mean imagine the frustration that kid must be feeling by then? But no. Oh no. This kid is GOING to do what Ms. Mammoth wants. So this woman now tries to force the backpack ONTO her back. 'Cause that's what's important right now.

But actually, what was "important" was that the bus driver was getting revenge, finally getting to manhandle and force this kid that she can't stand.

The bus driver said the video "shouldn't" have been leaked. Maybe not. But OTOH, if she believes in old-fashioned take things into your own hands justice then I'm not sure why she doesn't also believe in good old-fashioned outing a person and telling it like it is.

Exactly. That was the sickening part, I think.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 06:57 PM

6,585 posts, read 2,385,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The bus driver was an idiot. Why didn't she just let the aide come on the bus and get the girl?.
How would the aide get the girl off the bus?

Old 05-17-2018, 07:20 PM

25,419 posts, read 24,195,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
How would the aide get the girl off the bus?
The girl might respond a bit better to the aide than to someone who was obviously enjoying making her scream. Sorry, I meant, than to the bus driver.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:13 PM

906 posts, read 815,458 times
Wow, just ... wow.

So much wrong here. That bus driver was obviously off her meds. The anger shown from her was ridiculous.

Once she closed the bus door, that to me was a HUGE clue things were about to get a lot worse. Why hadn't the aide at this point just gotten on the bus to get the kid? Or was she not responsible until the child is "off the bus".

The whole thing is pretty sickening.

As for the training... anyone can attend training. While ignoring it. I get the impression this bus driver figures her way of handling things is just fine. Guess what... it's not.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 PM

6,585 posts, read 2,385,144 times
Quote:
The girl might respond a bit better to the aide than to someone who was obviously enjoying making her scream. Sorry, I meant, than to the bus driver.
If a bus driver can't get her off, then an aide can't. Aides get paid very little and always get the hard jobs pushed off on them. The things that nobody else wants to do or deal with.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:18 PM

1,953 posts, read 759,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're right, she is not diffusing. The bus driver is clearly escalating the tantrum. But watching the longer video, I really don't see a basis for criminal charges to stick.

She certainly shouldn't be a bus driver anymore.
Assault.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:21 PM

1,953 posts, read 759,283 times
Quote:
The thing is, the aide couldn't see what was going on and if the girl cries frequently, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary with autism (because the frustration of not being able to argue or communicate like other people can do is HUGE and can result in just crying or screaming), the aide may have figured the bus driver WAS being calm, and trying to calm the girl appropriately.

I don't know what the bus protocol is there...or the protocol in general...whether the aide thought that if it was just a matter of trying to help an upset child off a bus might have made things worse. And realistically, had this been a more normal, non-abusive situation, it might have. Adding MORE people talking at the hysterical autistic child can be a recipe for a total nightmare.

I know that others are not allowed to step onto the bus, with my kids' buses. Including us parents. I don't know if that's true for aides as well. It's very obvious the aide was TRYING to get the hell on that bus. If she had previously been directed not to interfere and had been given a protocol that would have been what stopped her. The aide then left...I am assuming she went to get someone to help. I don't know what happened there. I do know that in a confusing situation like that one, someone can indeed get hurt and it only takes seconds.

That giant behemoth could have seriously hurt that kid, yanking and dragging her across car seats, shoving her to the floor, grabbing her by the clothes and dropping her, THEN when the poor kid FINALLY makes it struggling and screaming for the front door, this b I T C H (sorry!!) stops her AGAIN in order to really make the kid scream! I mean imagine the frustration that kid must be feeling by then? But no. Oh no. This kid is GOING to do what Ms. Mammoth wants. So this woman now tries to force the backpack ONTO her back. 'Cause that's what's important right now.

But actually, what was "important" was that the bus driver was getting revenge, finally getting to manhandle and force this kid that she can't stand.

The bus driver said the video "shouldn't" have been leaked. Maybe not. But OTOH, if she believes in old-fashioned take things into your own hands justice then I'm not sure why she doesn't also believe in good old-fashioned outing a person and telling it like it is.
The world is replete with cell phone cameras.

Get over it, abusers.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
If a bus driver can't get her off, then an aide can't. Aides get paid very little and always get the hard jobs pushed off on them. The things that nobody else wants to do or deal with.
My children are in special ed. Very often, a child responds much better to a specific aide or to the teacher. They have the kids in every aide’s team through the year but when the s hits it is common to bring in the person who can soothe. Our aides are phenomenal, BTW. Has this not been your experience with your children in special ed?

Last edited by JerZ; 05-17-2018 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Grammar error

Old 05-17-2018, 10:25 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,031,004 times
Quote:
What does salary have to do with it?

Old 05-17-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
What does salary have to do with it?
Agreed. And meanwhile, what does any of this have to do with the bus driver? This line of convo was based on blaming the aide too, and/or insinuating that the driver's peers and superiors must have given her the idea it was okay to do this.

First of all, we have no idea this is the case (and the driver closing the door so nobody else could get on the bus to see/hear what she was doing would seem to say the opposite). Second of all, if a non-abuser is not outright told not to abuse, would such a person even think to abuse at all? No. You don't turn a healthy person into an abuser simply by not outright mentioning "so anyway, don't choke kids with their own jackets and jeer at them." This driver was abusive to a child, and that is on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or