U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 02:16 PM

11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times

Advertisements

Santa Fe High School: Ten dead in shooting - BBC News

Old 05-18-2018, 03:31 PM

4,111 posts, read 3,402,459 times
I started the same thread and the mod deleted it saying it's not for current events. I disagree, if it's not current than what is it. I understand if it became a big long fight on gun control, but it hadn't. Some mods are just on a power trip. They could have moved it too politics and controversies or somewhere, but just deleted it.

Last edited by mjlo; 05-18-2018 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: Discussing moderators by name

Old 05-18-2018, 05:42 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,036,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I started the same thread and the mod deleted it saying it's not for current events. I disagree, if it's not current than what is it. I understand if it became a big long fight on gun control, but it hadn't. Some mods are just on a power trip. They could have moved it too politics and controversies or somewhere, but just deleted it.
Seems like we need to revisit the reasons why these topics aren’t allowed again. A few years back when moderation of this forum started to be more heavily enforced, we tried to allow topics like these to be discussed. Please note the “non-political” notation in the title block of this forum. What we found was that there was no way for certain current events to be discussed without bringing politics into them. Unfortunately no matter how long this goes on, the education for why always seems necessary. It seems confusing not to discuss current events in a section designated as such. Please understand that you are welcome to discuss any topic you would like in these forums as long as you do so in the correct forums. So for those of you who are confused, such as the quoted in this post, you are welcome to discuss these controversial things in the “politics and other controversies” section. There are likely several threads already in progress discussing this very topic.

Also as a reminder please do not discuss actions of moderators in public forums, we will gladly listen to your concerns over direct message.

(Please forgive any gramatical errors in this as I’m typing it from my phone while stuck in an airport )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or