Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:55 AM

3,097 posts, read 2,002,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You may have missed the part in my post where I said, "I'm not talking about this particular doc, just asking in general."
I don't think it's a good idea all around. Personal privacy issues & medical distractions being in the forefront. But, in our social media crazed world where selfies rule, people walk down the street talking on their live streams & goofball families put on the same elf pajamas & dance around like untalented comedians in their driveways to their own vapid choreography & music, sooner or later I knew it would come to this.

So, if a doctor wants to do so, s/he should only do so with the written consent of the hospital & patient. Couldn't malpractice be a problem if the surgery doesn't go well? Plus, I don't need my removed ovarian cyst or appendix to be displayed on camera next to a crooning practitioner, thanks very much.

And, here's one good example to reinforce my point. One day, a neighbor told me she got the same kind of crown from the same dentist I went to & it was on the same tooth. I asked her how the heck she knew. She said the dentist recognized our street name in my 'hood, pulled out a pic of me taken during the surgery (I got general anesthesia for the root canal & crown), mouth agape & stuffed with surgical paraphernalia & told her it was of me.

So many privacy issues. I was humiliated that he'd take pics of me during surgery, without asking me for permission or at least telling me it was common in his practice... I was 15 at the time. Further, he never had a staff... he was a 1 person office... so, the fact that he's taking Polaroids of a sedated underage girl without parental permission isn't good either. Not only no permission for taking the pic/s, but without permission, he's also showing my pics to other patients & revealing my name & medical info. WTValhalla!

So, no... play out your sophomoric, wannabe pop star antics on your own time & dime & do not use me as a prop for your extracurricular social media output. And, if I saw a dr's vids online, I absolutely wouldn't visit them as a patient. It's pure ego food.

BTW, remember the selfies staff took of a sedated Joan Rivers in the background? Well, her surgery didn't turn out so well. Maybe they should have put the selfie stick down & instead of concentrating on perfecting duck lips & weirdo poses, paid attention to an elderly patient, who needed care, not FB pics for the staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 04:15 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I don't think it's a good idea all around. Personal privacy issues & medical distractions being in the forefront. But, in our social media crazed world where selfies rule, people walk down the street talking on their live streams & goofball families put on the same elf pajamas & dance around like untalented comedians in their driveways to their own vapid choreography & music, sooner or later I knew it would come to this.

So, if a doctor wants to do so, s/he should only do so with the written consent of the hospital & patient. Couldn't malpractice be a problem if the surgery doesn't go well? Plus, I don't need my removed ovarian cyst or appendix to be displayed on camera next to a crooning practitioner, thanks very much.

And, here's one good example to reinforce my point. One day, a neighbor told me she got the same kind of crown from the same dentist I went to & it was on the same tooth. I asked her how the heck she knew. She said the dentist recognized our street name in my 'hood, pulled out a pic of me taken during the surgery (I got general anesthesia for the root canal & crown), mouth agape & stuffed with surgical paraphernalia & told her it was of me.

So many privacy issues. I was humiliated that he'd take pics of me during surgery, without asking me for permission or at least telling me it was common in his practice... I was 15 at the time. Further, he never had a staff... he was a 1 person office... so, the fact that he's taking Polaroids of a sedated underage girl without parental permission isn't good either. Not only no permission for taking the pic/s, but without permission, he's also showing my pics to other patients & revealing my name & medical info. WTValhalla!

So, no... play out your sophomoric, wannabe pop star antics on your own time & dime & do not use me as a prop for your extracurricular social media output. And, if I saw a dr's vids online, I absolutely wouldn't visit them as a patient. It's pure ego food.

BTW, remember the selfies staff took of a sedated Joan Rivers in the background? Well, her surgery didn't turn out so well. Maybe they should have put the selfie stick down & instead of concentrating on perfecting duck lips & weirdo poses, paid attention to an elderly patient, who needed care, not FB pics for the staff.
If that dentist is still practicing, report him to the state licensing organization. Not sure how long ago this was, but as you were a minor when this incident occurred, the statute of limitations may not have run out. This is totally unprofessional, an invasion of privacy and inappropriate, if not illegal, to share with your neighbor. There may be other issues as you were only fifteen. So do what you can to get him out of business, for the sake of his other patients - and other people's teenage children. He could be a predator...and is definitely weird.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:09 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,162,803 times
The showoff culture. An utter idiot.

And apparently quite incompetent.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:26 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
If that dentist is still practicing, report him to the state licensing organization. Not sure how long ago this was, but as you were a minor when this incident occurred, the statute of limitations may not have run out. This is totally unprofessional, an invasion of privacy and inappropriate, if not illegal, to share with your neighbor. There may be other issues as you were only fifteen. So do what you can to get him out of business, for the sake of his other patients - and other people's teenage children. He could be a predator...and is definitely weird.
I hear ya. Different time, 30-yrs ago. The dentist passed away 20-yrs ago.

I'm still stunned by it, all these years later. In fact, I only saw him twice for the root canal/crown. After the last time, I woke up extra groggy from anesthesia & felt very uncomfortable & awkward, for some unknown reason. He apparently had a hard time waking me up & I still recall him saying that I kept pushing his hand away, while I was under. From what?

I never went back to see him. I shudder to think, but it was a more trusting age... my mom let her 15-yr old go an appt by herself & be sedated with no other people in the office, twice. At my age today, I wouldn't put myself into that position, let alone a teen.

I've had several such incidents within the medical field, all under age 21. Yeah, creeps & predators sometimes have no education & other times have more than most. But, back in those days, we were taught to unconditionally trust authority figures.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:02 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post

I hope you reported the dentist to the state board and confronted the dentist about why he/she violated your privacy.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:23 PM

32,022 posts, read 36,782,996 times
How many people would have gone to Dr. Boutte if they knew she'd be in there carrying on like this?

When a doctor puts you under general anesthesia they literally hold your life in their hands.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:14 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
"More than two years after receiving reports of alleged malpractice at Dr. Windell Davis-Boutte’s cosmetic surgery practice, the Georgia Composite Medical Board today immediately suspended the Gwinnett physician’s license.
Citing the case of a woman who underwent surgery last week, the board order says that Davis-Boutte’s treatment of the patient failed to meet the minimal standards of care. That is a part of a pattern of conduct, the order also says."

https://www.myajc.com/news/breaking-...wspaper_email&

Old 06-11-2018, 06:09 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
'Dancing' Georgia doctor is suspended by medical board for being a threat to public health, safety | Fox News

'A dermatologist who was seen on video dancing to a hip-hop song while performing a surgical procedure was suspended Thursday by the Georgia medical board, which reportedly said her continued practice “poses a threat to the public health, safety and welfare.” '

"The Times reports that the Georgia Composite Medical Board said it “received reliable information” that a patient had been taken by ambulance to a hospital on May 31, one day after a liposuction, breast augmentation and a Brazilian butt-lift operation. The patient had a collapsed lung and suffered from anemia because of acute blood loss, the board said."

So what is Dr. Davis-Booty's take on this?

“I’ve done nothing wrong.” She later added, “I’m a surgeon, I’m supposed to be able to multitask.”

Old 06-11-2018, 10:57 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post

So what is Dr. Davis-Booty's take on this?

“I’ve done nothing wrong.” She later added, “I’m a surgeon, I’m supposed to be able to multitask.”
Does she know she's a Dermatologist, not a surgeon?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:33 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
The more I think about this doctor and come back to this thread, the more irritated I get with her. Her hubris at practicing outside the scope of her abilities and her unprofessional behavior are a major contributing factor to why so many people don't trust physicians anymore, not to mention the patients she's hurt.

A graduate of a top medical school who matched into one of the most competitive fields there is, whose training was subsidized by the U.S. taxpayer, and this is how she plays that hand?
Sadly, the world is full of people who are extremely bright, but have poor judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events