Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

So many freaks at these fast food places.

The punishment should be the same, scalding coffee thrown at his face.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/crime-...xcCgcppGSaT8O/

Quote:
Police in Lacey, Washington, are asking the public to help identify a man who they say threw hot coffee at a McDonald’s manager Friday morning.

Investigators with the Lacey Police Department said a man walked into the restaurant and ordered a cup of coffee, but was upset over the 97-cent price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
What is it with all the incidents at fast food places???

A different clientele than other places, or just a mix of America in one small space?

Seems you have to have an already simmering anger in place to throw a coffee...

Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
So many freaks at these fast food places.

The punishment should be the same, scalding coffee thrown at his face.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/crime-...xcCgcppGSaT8O/

Quote:
Police in Lacey, Washington, are asking the public to help identify a man who they say threw hot coffee at a McDonald’s manager Friday morning.

Investigators with the Lacey Police Department said a man walked into the restaurant and ordered a cup of coffee, but was upset over the 97-cent price.
The reported story makes absolutely no sense, and what is up with the highly edited poor quality video, that needs a narration to know what is going on?

I believe the man was upset, that the manager did not allow him to stay in the store, not with the coffee. Everybody knows that you don't go to McD's for the crappy coffee. You go for the free wifi.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:45 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Low paid workers and low paid customers. These places are all cheap, all the way around.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:48 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Employees at “any” store or fast food restaurant shouldn’t have to put up with this type of customer or abuse. The owner/s should have a better security camera; the one they’re using is very poor quality.

In my area I have a Starbucks, Dunken Donuts and a McD on all three corners of the intersection, the McD has the best coffee and a much lower price, (the wifi is good too).

Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Back in the 90s and earlier, none of these places had surveillance cams, has anyone else wondered why it seems like every place of business has them today?

I can understand why banks and other such places have them (and have always had them), but fast food joints?

Old 05-27-2018, 10:19 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
I hate to see adults throwing tantrums. There may be more to it, like drugs.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Back in the 90s and earlier, none of these places had surveillance cams, has anyone else wondered why it seems like every place of business has them today?

I can understand why banks and other such places have them (and have always had them), but fast food joints?
There is a lot of crime around fast food restaurants.

Everything we do is on camera now.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:22 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

A different clientele than other places, or just a mix of America in one small space?

Seems you have to have an already simmering anger in place to throw a coffee...
Could not have said it better myself Ms. Heron. I've often wondered the same thing as the months go by, and you hear of this happening in these fast food chains again and again. Tempers brewing over, the stress of an everyday life..?

Old 05-27-2018, 10:33 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There is a lot of crime around fast food restaurants..
Probably because fast food places cater to criminals and members of the lower social classes.

People who know better prepare their own food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events