Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 04:29 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
The real problem is you shouldn't have to order them "without" anything. Just causes confusion. Not so many years ago you ordered a hamburger. Then told them what you wanted on it -- cheese, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo, whatever, in whatever combination you wanted. Then they made it that way. All for the same price, no extra charge for the add ons and customization. That was just considered the normal thing to do. Hotdogs were even better -- chili was considered a condiment, not a separate type of hotdog (the chili dog).
Not so many years ago? I'm 40 and I don't remember ever seeing this. Google old McDonald's menu and you will see that hamburger and cheeseburger have always been separate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 04:35 PM

599 posts, read 276,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I once went to a McDonald's drive through and I ordered two cheeseburgers without onions. What I got was two cheeseburgers without cheese, which are hamburgers, which cost less. They were carefully wrapped in cheeseburger wrappers.
Similar story...guy orders a double cheeseburger - plain. Wants nothing on it but the cheese. Opens it up, just two patties and the roll. Goes back in and is told "well, you said you wanted it plain".
He said "If I wanted a double hamburger, wouldn't I have ordered that instead?".
$15 per hour...yeah right.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:38 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
Similar story...guy orders a double cheeseburger - plain. Wants nothing on it but the cheese. Opens it up, just two patties and the roll. Goes back in and is told "well, you said you wanted it plain".
He said "If I wanted a double hamburger, wouldn't I have ordered that instead?".
There is no double-hamburger on their menu.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:49 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
The least they should do is offer the cheese slices to someone who likes it.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:09 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How in the WORLD is this different from asking for a hamburger but no tomatoes, please. Or no onions please. Or no mayo please.

People aren't screaming that they're being forced to pay for tomatoes, onions or mayo they don't want.

You ask that some item on the menu be made for you without one of the ingredients, (in this case cheese) you don't get a break in price.
Because in more places than not, cheese costs extra, while tomatoes do not. Ditto with many of the other condiments and fixings you listed. You can sometimes save money on these things that they typically charge you for. That is all.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:09 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
Okay, but are issues such as this life-changing to the tune of millions of dollars?

It's McDonald's, LOL. Not a flubbed wedding pictures or a botched C-section.

I'm sure they'll settle. Imagine the cluster-yeah if McD's were forced legally to prorate every single addition or subtraction. It would definitely no longer be "fast" food. It would be Starbucks with grease.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post

yeah? but if there were.....

Old 05-29-2018, 08:15 PM

599 posts, read 276,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I guess there was at the time

Old 05-29-2018, 08:46 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How in the WORLD is this different from asking for a hamburger but no tomatoes, please. Or no onions please. Or no mayo please.

People aren't screaming that they're being forced to pay for tomatoes, onions or mayo they don't want.

You ask that some item on the menu be made for you without one of the ingredients, (in this case cheese) you don't get a break in price.
Dammit. Stop making sense.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:28 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I think McDonald's needs to ban those people for life for being a pain in the butt.

There is a set menu. You are allowed to modify individual items. I have to pay $.50 extra to add a tomato and lettuce to a kid's meal hamburger and that is ok. I don't see a reason to get a refund if you take the cheese off.
I typically order a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato only. Some places will charge me extra for wanting a tomato even though I'm leaving off the onions, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and mayonnaise. I've never cared. That's how their menu and registers are set up, you can't sub one item for another. I am perfectly fine paying a few extra cents to get a meal that I like.

I didn't realize this was something I was supposed to sue fast food restaurants over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events