Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,266,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
OK. But "preachers" such as this rip off the poor and uninformed. Sometimes those that can least afford this.

The widow grandmother just getting by with her social security and a small income from here deceased husbands pension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
So do government sanctioned lotteries.
It is called personal responsibility. No church ever FORCED me to attend a service and give a donation. No store ever FORCED me to buy a Mega Millions ticket that had realistically almost no chance of winning. As an adult, those were my choices.

Yes, these so called ‘preachers’ are greedy and have no integrity or values, but if a grown adult wants to throw money at them, that is their right. Uninformed is investing in a stock just because your brothers friend told you it is a great deal. These people are gullible and naive. Many of them are middle/upper class and educated. Classic Darwin scenario.

As for lotteries, it is gambling, pure and simple. Never saw a gov’t official outside candy store making people buy a ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 10:10 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,192,515 times
They should have never created "nonprofits" .. there's too much potential for abuse. People who run charities should be forced to do it as volunteer work, taking no pay. As far as churches, they should be required to pay taxes like everyone else. Way too much charitable scamming targeted at the elderly going on. I was amazed when I went to my 80 year old grandmother's house how she was struggling to get by but was donating to scam organizations like "save the horses" and just how many different charities exist covering just about everything you can imagine. It's a big racket. They really play on elderly people's sympathies in a big way. They know exactly what to say, exactly what kinds of material to send to play on people's emotions. If you have older parents or grandparents you should go through their mail once an a while. There's probably a couple of different ones coming in the mail every day, and they also call on the phone. It's like the first organization they give too tells all the other ones and suddenly they are flooding in. America needs fatima, you know.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:19 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,326,496 times
Couldn’t resist this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qev-i9-VKlY

Old 06-02-2018, 10:22 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,208,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

Couldn’t resist this.

I thought this one was relevant, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-BYzaDwNoE

Old 06-02-2018, 10:34 AM

2,602 posts, read 1,329,382 times
Well, you wouldn't expect Jesus to ride on a donkey, would you?

Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 AM

599 posts, read 272,666 times
Twelve pages, and not one mention of his predecessor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkyTIB9U4Xg

Old 06-02-2018, 01:26 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,817,743 times
Quote:
God didn't. People did that. It's called free will. There are always a few greedy or power hungry people who will take something good and corrupt it.

You can say the same thing about the violence some people do in the name of religion. But I have to ask, what kind of religion is it that attracts these kinds of people in the first place and can it be considered a good religion if this is what's happening?

Old 06-02-2018, 01:28 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,204,345 times
I was just going to mention Creflo. I might have spelled his first name wrong but ironically his last name is Dollar.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:38 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,025,207 times
Quote:
You mean the media's biased? I would've never guessed.
Well; it’s one thing to understand that as a concept.

But it’s quite another thing to realize that you took the bait; hook, line & sinker & are being reeled in as we speak.

Within the context of organized religion:

What would be the motivation be, for the mass media’s deliberate portrayal of believers & the faithful as stupid? Poor. Vulnerable? Desperate. How & who would that benefit?

Old 06-02-2018, 09:18 PM

492 posts, read 626,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I just find it interesting that the all-knowing, all-powerful, Creator of the entire universe, needs these guys to tell everyone else about the existence of an all-knowing, all-powerful, Creator of the entire universe.
This is why we are here on this earth. To tell others about Him. It is the great commission. Jesus does not need a private jet. One human ask for the money to buy a private jet. I am not foolish enough to send him money. There are way too many people that could be helped with that money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events