Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:17 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,049,427 times

Advertisements

Rage is a horrible thing.

Blind rage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 10:44 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,300,489 times
My first reaction was to partially blame the alcohol consumption. But the more I think about it, the more I think this might have happened anyway.... drunk or not. Unfortunately some just people just cannot control their anger. The sad part is a helpless child had to lose her life because of it. I hope they throw the book at this woman.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:45 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,935,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not in CA. They'll let her out in 10 years since she will claim something like post partum depression.
What makes you think she'll get any time?

Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,418,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
It just amazes me that a human can get so angry that they could mow down the person they married who is holding the child that they conceived together. I just shake my head when I hear things like this.
You must live in a bubble if you think that every child is wanted or every romantic partner is kind.

Maybe this guy was a horrible abuser and the baby's better off dead than with him.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:47 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,547,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
it is very shocking. very...... in my long long life, i've lived next door to people like this and have had to call the police many times hoping to help the woman get into a shelter, get the husband into anger management and court ordered therapy. I have even stepped in myself when a couple shows up in the emergency room all scared, contrite.... and i am very good at the dutch uncle routine, as i have personal experience on what a bad marriage can do to everyone, but most especially the children...... we all have to play a proactive part on the planet we live on..... there IS a trend towards more stress, and thus an inability to not snap in anger..... so that is why i try very hard to help where i can.... but we the public just jump to judgement so so fast!!!! . i can't condemn anyone's actions nowadays....the rage is everywhere and people seem out of control too often..... i'd like to make a leap here, but i don't have any hard facts to support my own humble feelings.

what i do know? tragedies like this DO NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN.

there is much we don't know..... like how long were these parents married, something tells me violent arguements probably went on for a long time. Where were the grandparents or siblings who didn't see anything ever? hear anything ever? what unhappily married couple thinks having a baby will help the marriage? We will never know the whole story about this unless the family wants to cash in and tell their side of everything..... even then, what money they make off this is is truly suspect and so will the truth be tarnished

i guess i am just different than everyone else here..... i can't make that rush to judgement. i am not wired that way. Throwing more anger out there doesn't help and is futile.

if this makes the national nightly news or 20/20 or dateline, then i guess i will carefully look, watch, listen. the only people who have the right to judge this person is the 12 jurors who will hear all the evidence. peace out.
I really can't see how killing this baby intentionally or with such reckless abandon can be justified in any way.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:38 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,512,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
You must live in a bubble if you think that every child is wanted or every romantic partner is kind.

Maybe this guy was a horrible abuser and the baby's better off dead than with him.
Why would I have to live in a bubble to wish people didn't have such horrible rages against their spouses? I know you can get extremely angry at a spouse, but this is FAR beyond any normal anger.

I can't BELIEVE you'd say a baby would maybe be better off dead!!! Maybe better off with other parents, but not dead.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:44 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,474,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not in CA. They'll let her out in 10 years since she will claim something like post partum depression.
You mean like Lisa Ann Diaz, who drowned her two daughters? Oooops! That was in Texas, not California!

Texas Woman Who Killed Two Daughters Released from State Psychiatric Hospital | Fox News

Or Dena Schlosser, who chopped off her daughter's arms? (the baby died, not surprisingly) Oooops! Texas, again!

Dena Schlosser, mom who cut off baby's arms, moving to outpatient care

And now back to your regularly scheduled 'But California is so weak on crime!' programming.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:56 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,055,751 times
I don’t think this had anything to do with post-partum psychosis or Schizophrenia. It wasn’t premeditated & there were no voices telling her to do it. I didn’t think her eyes looked crazy or dead but it did look like she had been crying.

She was drunk, pissed & in a car. Bad combination & it’s classic manslaughter. She will be competent to stand trial & has more of a chance to serve time this way; than if it were Murder but not guilty by reason of insanity. I don’t personally understand how a woman could point a running vehicle towards her own child but I know I’ve been mad enough at a guy to do it to him. I’m not sure what could have happened if I had been drunk but still, kids; mine or someone else’s kids, would be the deal-breaker. I couldn’t do that.

I knew a woman who ran over her boyfriend in a 7-11 parking lot while fighting over drugs (crack) that he gave to another woman instead of giving it to her. It didn’t kill him but caused multiple right leg & pelvic fractures that required extensive surgery.

She did get sentenced to prison but while she was being held in jail awaiting trial; she was assigned a top bunk, fell off of it in the middle of the night & broke her left leg, also requiring surgery.

As they were wheeling her bed down the hall to surgery with her leg up in traction, they were also returning him to his room, coming back from surgery, with his leg up in traction. They both yelled: “YOU ... !” As they passed each other in the hall but neither one could move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events