Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Only if you're coming from a viewpoint that says only women can be the victims of sexual assault, which is very flawed. Men can be raped too, and a man sexually assaulted by a woman will often involve him being drunk or drugged and in a position where he can't give informed consent to her actions.
I'm interested. I volunteered in a rape crisis center, back in the day, and your scenario seems incredibly rare.

Men who were victims of rape were typically raped by other men, and it wasn't a case of the guy getting so drunk he consented but passed out during the encounter. It was an all-out violent physical assault.

Cases where women take sexual advantage of men by getting them drunk or drugged are not typical. Also, not probably all that successful. :-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 07:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
States where judges are elected have lower crime rates than states where judges are appointed by the good old boy network. This is because the public wants criminals behind bars. They want law and order judges. Sometimes the public makes a mistake and elects an incompetent judge. The public can remove that judge at the next election.

Simple as that, folks.
This isn't true.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:52 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm interested. I volunteered in a rape crisis center, back in the day, and your scenario seems incredibly rare./
Given your understanding of the crime of rape and how you seem to believe victims play a role in it, this is really not the type of volunteer work you should be doing. Victims of crime don't need to hear blame. It's not going to help them.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Given your understanding of the crime of rape and how you seem to believe victims play a role in it, this is really not the type of volunteer work you should be doing. Victims of crime don't need to hear blame. It's not going to help them.

Just my opinion.
Unfortunately I can't rep you again. Reminds me of the other poster claiming to be a victim's advocate, then blaming the victim for being assaulted.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm interested. I volunteered in a rape crisis center, back in the day, and your scenario seems incredibly rare.
It would be interesting to know the real numbers since I suspect it's even more underreported than men assaulting women.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:58 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
It would be interesting to know the real numbers since I suspect it's even more underreported than men assaulting women.
Male rape is certainly very under reported, although by it's nature of being under reported it's impossible to grasp the statistics. So hard to know.

Male on male rape is devastating in two ways: the initial humiliating and violent assault, and then the aftermath of suffering in silence. Men don't typically avail themselves of the resources available to female rape victims; and those resources aren't really geared toward serving male victims.

The scenario of a woman getting a man drunk so she can pleasure herself with his body is not typical.

Statutory rape of young men by older women, notably teachers, is a concern though.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:58 AM

109 posts, read 66,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
No. He still stole from you. It's still theft.

And the analogy doesn't really work here, as the victim was not in Brock's home and not even on a date with him.
We don't know that he stole from me. The analogy isn't perfect, but it does work, because here we also have only two people who know what really took place. One says there was agreement, the other says "I don't remember anything".

Old 06-20-2018, 07:05 AM

140 posts, read 255,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Of course it would be a male who disagrees with the removal of the judge from office... He could have gone with what's right over what's recommended...

But SOME women across America are grateful to the citizens of California...
Ditto

Old 06-20-2018, 07:06 AM

109 posts, read 66,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
A better analogy might be -- you "get yourself drunk" and pass out somewhere outdoors, and when you come to, your wallet is missing.
But that doesn't work either. If Brock had been charged with taking "Emily's" purse, or an engagement ring for instance, I could agree with you. Like a wallet, that is something no reasonable person could expect as a gift. Unfortunately in today's society, a young woman giving herself to a virtual stranger at a frat party is not uncommon nor unexpected.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:15 AM

140 posts, read 255,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post
We don't know that he stole from me. The analogy isn't perfect, but it does work, because here we also have only two people who know what really took place. One says there was agreement, the other says "I don't remember anything".
And the one who doesn't remember anything was UNCONSCIOUS! So this is a MORAL issue of what kind of dick-bag has sex with an unconscious person? If that isn't RAPE, I don't know what is! For heaven's sake, really? The point where a human being becomes an animal confined to only his need to get his rocks off is, in my opinion, the point where basic human dignity has been cast aside. For Turner to even say he had "permission" is ludicrous - and Judge Persky got what he deserved for siding with a rapist creep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events