Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:41 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lots of people pay cash for their home.

From 2013, but;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-cash/2764651/
Define "cash."

I'm saying no one goes and buys a house with a suitcase full of greenbacks.

For one, good luck even trying to withdraw that much cash out of a bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I think that article is saying they pay in full up front, not that they show up with a suitcase of hundreds handcuffed to their wrist.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think anyone is saying her home was sold for green cash bills.

The money she has came from the sale of the house; when she moved, she cashed out her accounts.
The articles say she sold her home and business

Old 09-25-2018, 10:21 AM

4,046 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal1080 View Post
I wasnt even there that day. It's really sad and it really sucks that they can just post my picture all over Facebook and the newspaper, having millions of people saying horrible things about me when I wasnt even there. The looks I get from people around town, the judgment I see when on people's faces. My life is ruined. Not to mention my boyfriend is facing 12 and a half years in prison, 1 well maybe 2 peoples mistakes have just turned so many peoples lifes upside down in the matter of minutes.

Not sure about the "maybe" two mistakes---the woman who left the bag made a mistake. Your boyfriend didn't make a mistake---he stole a bag that wasn't his and then kept the money without alerting the authorities---and allegedly used it to buy stuff like a Jeep.

If you are really this guy's girlfriend, looks like you have some legal stuff of your own to worry about: Both "Peacy and his girlfriend face additional charges that might include possession of dangerous drugs, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia." So can that be why people are judging you, even if you weren't there to steal the money? According to this article, meth as well as marijuana:

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/j...aining-170000/

Old 09-26-2018, 01:06 AM

579 posts, read 367,483 times
Criminals are good at manipulating people with sob stories and excuses. I'm glad you two got caught, and I hope you go to jail.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:26 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
The pic of the guy in the story in the OP makes him look like he's 26, the pic of him after his arrest makes him look over 40. How many 40+ year olds show up at Walmart with a skate board over their shoulder, then walk out with a stolen bag? Seems he has some growing up to do.

I'm sure he thought it was drug money, not some little old lady's. But that does not remove his guilt. As for his girlfriend, how funny she is posting here, I do have some sympathy. She didn't decide to steal the bag but I'm sure she enjoyed some of the money and knew where it came from.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 PM

7 posts, read 2,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Chrystal, welcome to the forum. I think you can blame your boyfriend, though, for this - he's the one who stole the money?

I'm sorry you were dragged into all this if you truly were innocent and didn't realize he had just stolen a woman's entire life savings.

Since you have the inside scoop, was the woman able to get almost all of her money back?
I understand he may have done something wrong, but he also thought people were going to kill him over it, it was wrapped in foil he said, and the lady was not elderly,she was 40, the reports are bogus, how can a cop file a false police report. I am now being charged because I bailed him out. I'm lost, my place is falling apart, I'm in a severe depression. We had an appointment with the police, we were supposed to meet with them at 330, so I could clear my name and as he told me later, to return the money, but they came at 8 in the morning. He was trying to do the right thing, but he got scared he said. His attorney is quitting, all I worry about is my dog baby, I know that sounds awful but she truly is like my kid, and if we both get locked up, I have no one to take care of her, I'm lost, im scared, im alone. I still have people threatening me, because they think I have the money, they are telling me someone's going to kidnap me and hold me hostage till I tell them where it is. I can't find any help anywhere, but I think the police department needs to be investigated. And there was not 170,000. I dont know how she ,they came up with that.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 PM

I might use but I keep to myself, I dont hurt others, I dont steal from others. I just normally stay at home, I dont like to leave my house much. I know it sounds like an excuse but I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, I dont use much, it yes I am a user. I do try to let people know that whenever I meet someone new, not so I can have a using buddy or what not, I dont like to use with other people around, it's because I want them to make the choice of weather they want to be around someone that does. I am not a bad person, I'm not a junkie, when I'm out I'm out. I haven't really used since he got locked up. But i am not a bad person.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:52 PM

And honestly she committed 17 felonies. Its illegal to have that much cash on you here. They just arrested a guy the other day for having 3,000 on him, they charged him with money laundering.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:00 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The pic of the guy in the story in the OP makes him look like he's 26, the pic of him after his arrest makes him look over 40. How many 40+ year olds show up at Walmart with a skate board over their shoulder, then walk out with a stolen bag? Seems he has some growing up to do.

I'm sure he thought it was drug money, not some little old lady's. But that does not remove his guilt. As for his girlfriend, how funny she is posting here, I do have some sympathy. She didn't decide to steal the bag but I'm sure she enjoyed some of the money and knew where it came from.
This isn't as unusual as you think. I see 40-something men wearing skateboarding clothes from time to time, and at my public library, I saw someone who was clearly 50-ish carrying his board around with him IN the library. When he was done using one of the computers, he went outside, and skated off. I mentioned these observations on the Relationships forum here, and a number of members said they go around in skater gear or hipster clothing or their favorite teen fashions at 40+, insisting there's nothing wrong with wearing youthful fashion.

So IDK. It seems to be one version of "normal", these days. But the woman in a business suit I saw one of those guys approach, and try to strike up a conversation with, beat a hasty exit. The look doesn't work for approaching women, unless they are similarly dressed, it would seem, but the guys don't get that.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal1080 View Post
And honestly she committed 17 felonies. Its illegal to have that much cash on you here. They just arrested a guy the other day for having 3,000 on him, they charged him with money laundering.
What? How would anyone know someone's carrying $3000 on him or her? It's only a small bundle of $100 bills. Maybe the person was paying cash for a used car. I've done that. It's normal, it's not illegal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events