Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 12:36 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,898,571 times

Advertisements

Supports my argument: Gun bans don't stop crazy people from killing masses of other people.

Though I don't imagine anybody is going to propose the idea of restricting everybody's lunch rights to stop lunch violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 01:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Kind of makes you wonder how many psychopaths you have known, worked with, or just talked to in your lifetime. That's the problem with most serial killers, they're very good at concealing their true nature. You just never know who a person really is.... until it's too late.
Well said.

Most psychopaths have very good social skills. On the surface, they're not normally the mean and angry people many imagine.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:01 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
LOL. Good one. I wonder how many hear even got that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I got it but I didn't think I was the only one here who did.
I got it too. Right here. Hear?

Old 06-30-2018, 04:22 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not only is it not wise, but it's unnecessary. I've never worked in an office that had a fridge. That didn't stop people from bringing their own lunches. Lack of refrigeration never stopped millions of kids from bringing their lunch to school.

Rage? It sounds like mental illness. But it could be interesting to investigate the other cases, to see what the relationships were, of the deceased workers to the perpetrator.
I went years through school, eating sack lunches that had gone 4 or 5 hours without refrigeration and never got food poisoning. There's also food alternatives, such as canned sardines, peanut butter, fruit, tomatoes and others, that wouldn't spoil quickly or at all.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:44 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
In 27 years I have never used the staff refrigerator...

I have had the pleasure of cleaning it out several times and after the first time I was certain I had made the right decision...

We a brief period of time there was a policy that the refrigerator would be emptied at the close of business Friday... everything tossed.

That worked until one of the Docs got upset because he had a Leatherman in his lunch bag that was tossed out...

Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I was wondering why it took 21 deaths to make this known...After #4 I'd be wondering....
Probably because he used heavy metals, so most of the deaths resulted from either cancer or cardiac arrest. Over the span of 18 years; it didn’t raise any flags.

And here a couple of years ago; I thought it was funny when our local campus police blotter had an entry for a 130pm call for service: “Theft of a sandwich”. I was thinking it must have been a quiet day for something like that to make the cut but I guess you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events