Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 01:18 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times

Advertisements

You go by Wiki pages? And some unsuccessful rescues that tell you nothing about the cave environment. Do you have any idea how dangerous many of these cave rescues are? Most divers wont/cant do it. Stanton and Volanthen are usually partners. What? You dont like the British? Would it be different if it was Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 02:34 PM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
You go by Wiki pages? And some unsuccessful rescues that tell you nothing about the cave environment. Do you have any idea how dangerous many of these cave rescues are? Most divers wont/cant do it. Stanton and Volanthen are usually partners. What? You dont like the British? Would it be different if it was Americans?
You're taking my post all wrong. People are hailing them as "gods".. The 2 best in the world.. It was not only them; they were with other cave divers that are also the best in the world. That's my point; they were a team, all of them, not just those two or the Aussie two..

I linked to the wiki to show there were cave dives they couldn't complete but other teams could. It shows they all have different skill sets and yes, I go to wiki to read about some things because I was googling both of them and it popped up. I was surprised to see they even had wiki pages.

As far as me not liking British people... Are you serious? You think that because of what I said? My son has British roots.

As for "Americans"; the Americans were part of the team too but I didn't see that there were divers from here. While I was born in America, I consider myself Hungarian 1st as I'm the 1st generation born here from both sides. I don't see the Hungarians have divers either.

The Thai caves had a group of the best divers in the world. They're all heroes. They all brought different skills that brought the coach and team out safely.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:38 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Six Thai Cave Rescue Films Now in Development
Quote:
It's bad enough most or all of those films will whitewash the story, but now this:

Another angle could be the bizarre intervention of Tesla mogul Elon Musk, who tried to get involved with a mini-submarine. Musk became embroiled in a spat with one of the British rescuer divers, whom Musk described as a pedophile before being forced by public outrage to apologize.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I totally forgot about the 47 Chinese tourists drowning when their dive boat sank. I've been following this story so much that I never looked after seeing it on one of the news sites when reading about the kids. Doesn't sound like they're handling that too well

Thanks for posting it. When push comes to shove, no one really needs their permission to make the movie

Quote:
News of the proposed committee met with skepticism from online commentators. “It is really quite astonishing how many ministries and agencies can cling on to a passing bandwagon,†said JAG, on social media site Thaivisa. Others said that foreign producers had all the facts at hand and had no need to follow a government agenda, nor even to shoot in Thailand if permits and script approval processes became onerous.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm with you. He was out of line for even saying it. I'm looking for the articles I read on my tablet, in one it was said the cave divers never even saw Musk's $40,000 pod. The diver should never had commented about it, it was his own personal feeling that Musk did it for the press. We'll never know. The diver should have kept his interviews about the boys and the rescue. When he brought up Musk he turned the attention away from them. My opinion, especially with Saman dying, it was really classless to even comment about Musk. I still wonder if he did it to bait Musk to sue him. I believe he's the one that owns the dive school in Thailand. What better way to upgrade it then with a "donation" from Musk?
Here we go, more baiting of Elon Musk for lawsuit money... I wish they'd stop talking alreaady

EXCLUSIVE: 'Elon should be shot!' Mother of hero British caver says billionaire Musk needs his mouth taped up for calling her son 'pedo guy'

Quote:
Vera Unsworth, 88, said she was shocked that billionaire Elon Musk had called her hero son a paedophile
She encouraged Vernon Unsworth, 63, to take legal action after the billionaire entrepreneur called him 'pedo guy'
Musk has since apologised on Twitter for his extraordinary personal attack on the British caver
Tesla CEO made baseless remark in spat over plan to use sub to rescue Thai boys
Investors demanded he apologise to Briton who was instrumental in saving boys
Musk said his 'words were spoken in anger' and said sorry to Mr Unsworth and 'the companies I represent as leader

Old 07-20-2018, 07:14 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Let's not forget that this had a HAPPY outcome!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn07RFGSUl8

*With the exception of the SEAL's death, of course.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Here we go, more baiting of Elon Musk for lawsuit money... I wish they'd stop talking alreaady

EXCLUSIVE: 'Elon should be shot!' Mother of hero British caver says billionaire Musk needs his mouth taped up for calling her son 'pedo guy'
If somebody posted all over the internet that you are a pedophile, and then apologized for it, would you just forget about it?

Old 07-21-2018, 01:47 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times
Quote:

You do realise don't you that Musk's mini-sub would never have been able to operate in those tunnels. The narrowest choke point was only 15" high and the tunnels were far from straight.
Narongsak Ostanakorn, who was in charge of the rescue operations, said that the sub was "not practical for the rescue."

That's just what the Brit said, and Musk insulted him for saying that.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:55 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
You do realise don't you that Musk's mini-sub would never have been able to operate in those tunnels. The narrowest choke point was only 15" high and the tunnels were far from straight.
Narongsak Ostanakorn, who was in charge of the rescue operations, said that the sub was "not practical for the rescue."

That's OK, it had about as much chance of working as Musk's plans for colonizing Mars. The guy should be a science fiction writer, instead of an inventor.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post

Vernon Unsworth had no business even saying anything about Musk's sub. From what I read, he never even saw it, yet he felt the need to cheapen the rescue by throwing an insult at Musk 1st, then when Musk comes back at him he's screaming lawsuit.

This is not about either Vernon or Elon yet both names dominate the news. Someone needs to make it about the kids, coach, Saman and divers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events