Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 11:01 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,096,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
If the homeless were to settle in the neighborhoods where the politicians live, you can bet they would take action. How many politicians or high profile celebrities and business people, who defend the rights of the homeless, have to step over/around them on a daily basis? These elitists probably work and live far from the worst areas, and I am sure have never encountered a bag of feces sitting outside their offices or homes.

The status quo will continue until it actually impacts the quality of life of the people who have the power and influence to change it.
You are spot on and the same politicians and 1% who cry tears for the homeless would change their minds in a second if they had to smell those nasty sidewalk fumes or see people squatting and doing their business all over the sidewalks and needles and trash everywhere. It’s fine for us, all we do is pay taxes. Olympia has a homeless problem although it’s smaller. It’s past time to just talk about the problem and start to fix it.

San Francisco is losing a ton of tourist money by being inactive. Maybe move a load of homeless over to the rich section of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 12:28 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,578,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Unfortunately most of them don’t want to work and they don’t have to in places like SF and L.A they have charities , missions and churches to meet their basic needs and panhandling or crime for the rest .
Weather has a LOT to do with it - which is why Sarasota FL has had a big homeless problem.

Places that don't freeze are a major draw.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:03 PM

9,734 posts, read 7,555,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Just because San Francisco is in CA, doesn't mean it has the same weather. I've been there over a dozen times on business and the vast majority of the time it is cloudy and raining. It is very cold there during the summer. Yes, the weather is bad there.
I agree with you. I despise the weather in SF, I'd rather be in sunny, warmer Oakland.

I still have bad memories of being at conventions in '95-'98, stepping over all the homeless on the sidewalks back then. It was terrible. I can't even imagine how bad it must be now.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Just because San Francisco is in CA, doesn't mean it has the same weather. I've been there over a dozen times on business and the vast majority of the time it is cloudy and raining. It is very cold there during the summer. Yes, the weather is bad there.
This is a complete and total lie.

San Francisco gets about the same hours of sunshine as San Diego - 3062 hours annually for SF vs 3055 for San Diego. 73 days of rain per year hardly seems like the "vast majority of the time." And since when is mid-50s to mid-60s "very cold"?

SF does not have shirt-off beach weather, but it is not anything like the cold, gray, wet nightmare you claim. At all. I actually rather dislike SF weather precisely because the sun is so punishing during the day and there's hardly any rain.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:26 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,843,609 times
A simple solution. The Bible says, if any would not work, neither should he eat. Since the bums don't want to work, close the soup kitchens. The problem will mostly solve itself.Theres plenty of jobs in America today for peoole who want to work. Give them jobs cleaning manure from the streets

Old 07-13-2018, 01:47 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,816,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
A simple solution. The Bible says, if any would not work, neither should he eat. Since the bums don't want to work, close the soup kitchens. The problem will mostly solve itself.Theres plenty of jobs in America today for peoole who want to work. Give them jobs cleaning manure from the streets
Whoa, guess I'm going to starve then, since I'm on disability. Oh, do you want us to stone adulterers and what should we do with children won't respect their parents?

Seriously, I think you should leave "bums" out of your description of the homeless. Many of those so-called bums are veterans of the Vietnam War and donned a uniform to fight the most unpopular war we've ever had. A lot of the reasons they're homeless and unable to work is because of being in that war. I also consider that they've worked their fair share. What have you done for this nation that they haven't?

---------------------------------------------

I've seen a lot of people say they won't visit San Francisco again. I was curious, have any of you actually written the mayor and told him that and why? Sometimes a problem isn't recognized as a problem until a lot of people bring it up. I'm not saying no one knows homelessness isn't a problem in San Francisco, but I wonder if they know what it's costing them in tourism dollars.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:51 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,169,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This is a complete and total lie.
Careful, Dude! He's got Mark Twain on his side.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:58 PM

10,298 posts, read 7,888,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I've seen a lot of people say they won't visit San Francisco again. I was curious, have any of you actually written the mayor and told him that and why? Sometimes a problem isn't recognized as a problem until a lot of people bring it up. I'm not saying no one knows homelessness isn't a problem in San Francisco, but I wonder if they know what it's costing them in tourism dollars.
I think they know, they just don't know how to solve the problem.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,440,872 times
let me be the first.....IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT...…!!!!

Old 07-13-2018, 06:40 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,936,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I guess you and I have a different definition of "very cold"
7/8 67
7/9 74
7/10 77
7/11 71
Great summertime weather. Once yrs back in mid to late july i left san bernardino & it was humid, cloudy & 98 degrees. When i arrived in S.F. hours later it was rainy & 60 degrees. I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events