Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 09:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I too find it odd that she put the baby behind the car, but I did know of someone else that ran over their kid. In that case, it was a two-year-old who ran out of the house while the mother was putting the younger baby in the car. He was supposed to be staying home with the dad, and neither one of them saw him leave the house and go behind the car.

He didn't die, but he was physically and mentally damaged. He had round-the-clock private nursing care in the room his parents, who were both MDs, set up for him until he turned 21 and went into a facility. My sister was one of his nurses.
But that is a completely different scenario.

I could understand the mother's need to place the baby carrier next to the side door of the car in order to strap the other child into his seat. How does the carrier get placed behind the vehicle? That isn't a logical action.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:54 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It doesn't say anywhere that the baby was placed behind the jeep.
The video does.

Quote:
The baby was probably next to the door to the back seat. As the mom was backing out, she probably turned the steering wheel all the way to the right, or to the left, pulling out of the drive way on an arc., and thus ran over the baby.
That would be pretty difficult to back over something that is beside the vehicle. The wheels would continue going backwards, not to the side.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,494,440 times
Who puts a car seat with a baby in it behind the car?

Poor poor baby. What a horrific way to die

Old 07-06-2018, 11:01 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It doesn't say anywhere that the baby was placed behind the jeep.

The baby was probably next to the door to the back seat. As the mom was backing out, she probably turned the steering wheel all the way to the right, or to the left, pulling out of the drive way on an arc., and thus ran over the baby.
\

You're making too many assumptions. IF what you say is true the mom would have had to step away from car to close the side door, open the front driver's door and slid in, all without seeing the carrier from her front or peripheral vision. Nope. Not buying it.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:04 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
\

You're making too many assumptions. IF what you say is true the mom would have had to step away from car to close the side door, open the front driver's door and slid in, all without seeing the carrier from her front or peripheral vision. Nope. Not buying it.

The carrier doesn't have to be behind the car. Mom puts carrier down slightly behind the right rear door, exactly where she'd want it to be if she were to return, open that door, and put the infant in the car. Then she goes around the car, puts the other kid in the left rear seat, then gets in the driver's seat, and backs up. She can't see the carrier nor is it visible with a backup camera. If she turns sharply to the left as she backs up, the right front tire can go right over the carrier.

Or she could have put the carrier down behind the vehicle because she wanted to get something out of the back.

Either way, a moment of inattention is going to give her a lifetime of regrets. Sad.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Oh Dear Lord here we go again.

Instead of accepting the fact that accidents happen posters now have concluded the more likely scenario is a mother intentionally killed her own baby. This place is simply amazing.
Just curious, would you have the same sympathy if it had been a nanny or paid caregiver who made this same mistake?

Old 07-06-2018, 12:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Oh Dear Lord here we go again.

Instead of accepting the fact that accidents happen posters now have concluded the more likely scenario is a mother intentionally killed her own baby. This place is simply amazing.
So you believe everything you're told?

Don't question anything?

Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
But that is a completely different scenario.

I could understand the mother's need to place the baby carrier next to the side door of the car in order to strap the other child into his seat. How does the carrier get placed behind the vehicle? That isn't a logical action.
Yes, hence my words, "in that case" to indicate that it was different, but as I also said, I don't understand why she would place the carrier behind the vehicle. The only thing I can think of is that she had to put something in the trunk and set him down.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:43 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

That poor baby!!
When I was reading the beginning of the story, I thought that there would be some mechanical failure on the vehicle where it rolled back because she had left the child in the seat behind the tires of the vehicle..BUT when I read that she actually got IN to the vehicle...strapped herself in and THEN reversed back and rolled over the baby...I say this is a bunch of BS!! NO accident people.Tell me,..WHY don't we hear these stories in the WINTER time???WHY don't we??? How the hell can you once strap in one child, then strap yourself in and forget about the other child that you just had in your possession only a minute ago??Really??Are people THAT forgetful????I don't buy it but it's only going to get worse.What the hell is wrong with people's attention span nowadays?? All of these parents who have left their kids in these HOT cars for hours have done it on purpose.This one has done it on purpose too and like the others...she will get away with it.I thank GOD that I was not born to parents in this day and age where their minds isn't on safety of their kids but their stupid social media, freaking phones or whatever technology that has their minds occupied over 90% of the time each day.Also it doesn't have anything to do with someone being older that they would more likely to be more forgetful.I think that people are too preoccupied with a lot of other things that is NOT important in their minds but is more so then their kids.These are other human beings.It's not like leaving your keys or purse(something that is not a life in the car).I just don't understand this.When the winter season comes...I bet you don't hear a thing about accidents like this.Gee..I wonder why.

Last edited by codergirl; 07-06-2018 at 02:02 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 01:46 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
When I was reading the beginning of the story, I thought that there would be some mechanical failure on the vehicle where it rolled back because she had left the child in the seat behind the vehicle..BUT when I read that she actually got IN to the vehicle...strapped herself if and THEN reversed back and rolled over the baby...I say this is a bunch of BS!! NO accident people.Tell me,..WHY don't we hear these stories in the WINTER time???WHY don't we??? How the hell can you once strap in one child, then strap yourself in and forget about the other child that you just had in your possession only a minute ago??Really??Are THAT forgetful????I don't buy it but it's only going to get worse.What the hell is wrong with people's attention span nowadays??
Because some of these people are using drugs or have been drinking alcohol. I knew someone whose own car ran over her, though. And I've often wondered about it. She had a history of using drugs. I could never figure out how her car ran over her. She must have left it in reverse, got out and went behind her car and it slowly rolled over her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events