Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,440,625 times

Advertisements

If he's capable of killing his wife and mother of his children, then he's capable of killing anyone in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 01:30 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,119,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
If he's capable of killing his wife and mother of his children, then he's capable of killing anyone in my opinion.
Yeah, good thing his last victim was himself. Saved tax dollars.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:56 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,349,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
This is not the first time I've heard about this happening and true we may never know what went on inside this house but darn it, you and your spouse ain't getting along, you two fight it out!!

Three innocent beautiful babies gone for absolutely no reason at all.

How can you shoot your own babies. there has got to be a special place in hell and yep I'm having a hard time accepting "mental illness" that gets thrown out there all the time.

http://6abc.com/police-man-killed-wi...orner/3734627/

I don't think we can rule out mental illness as a defense. But I think that it should be considered for a reduced sentence in a sanitarium (lock-up}.

You know, we can make laws that will prevent these perpetrators getting off scott free.
But we have to get involved voting, writing our political representatives, lobbying with a petition and so on.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:36 PM

22,609 posts, read 24,436,315 times
I am a single, unaccompanied male......otherwise known as a danger-stranger.

But yes, although us danger-strangers are usually not the ones to abuse/molest/kill kids....the ones that are most likely to do it are usually not given a second glance.

IMHO, you can go into a store and see obvious abuse of kids, toddlers and even sometimes babies and it does not even register with most.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,148,979 times
Quote:
This is not the first time I've heard about this happening and true we may never know what went on inside this house but darn it, you and your spouse ain't getting along, you two fight it out!!

Three innocent beautiful babies gone for absolutely no reason at all.

How can you shoot your own babies. there has got to be a special place in hell and yep I'm having a hard time accepting "mental illness" that gets thrown out there all the time.

http://6abc.com/police-man-killed-wi...orner/3734627/
I’m sorry this is not a case of a disagreement or a “fight” or needing to “get along”...read article again if necessary, it speaks for itself, she along with the children were victims— fatalities of domestic violence at its worst.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:51 AM

23,560 posts, read 13,779,811 times
Why?

Well, let's see, in no particular order.

If he killed the children first, then it could have been to hurt her.

Killing the family removes the physical reminder, the monument if you will, of what a failure he was.

Killing the family could play into the mentality of "Without me, who will be around to take care of them?". Now, before jumping to say, there is always someone, consider a few angles of that. First of all, in their mind, will the person who takes care of their children be someone who takes good care of them, takes mediocre care of them because that is the best they can offer, or even be someone who takes them and uses them as an exploitable resource?

Now jumping to the other side of the coin of believing "there is always someone who will take care of them", I have to question if that mentality exists in the minds of those abandon pets.....and I'll let that one just lie there.

Why did Joseph and Magda Goebbels kill their children first? It could have been that without their ideal world, it was no place for their children. It could have been that they pictured their children being targeted for revenge for all the misery they had brought on the world or that they could not picture their children being able to handle that burden. After all to the latter, how does the young mind handle being told, realizing how evil, well let's say bad, one's parents are when they have had an entire existence of completely the opposite.

Extending this out to the situation under discussion, it may have been something similar in his mind. It may have been a point of view in his adult mind, the old concept of "better death than......", that is not as easy to see in a child's mind or even in another adult mind not in those shoes.

There are probably other "reasons" as well. Now some might say that I am thinking way too much into this but that is one of the things I am trained to do, to get into the mind of the opposing and try to see their viewpoint.

Am I justifying him? No, of course not but just giving plausible explanation to "why".......because among other things, just saying that people are crazy doesn't solve cases.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:53 AM

714 posts, read 716,527 times
When I was 16, one of my friends was murdered by her father, along with her mother, two brothers, and grandmother. Unlike most of these cases, her father disappeared for 18 years until he was captured after the case was featured on "America's Most Wanted." It was a high-profile case that received national attention. In this case, he had financial problems and convinced himself that "sending them to heaven" was preferable to them being on welfare or straying from their Lutheran religion.

That was when I became an atheist.

I am now 63 and she is forever 16. I think of her often.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:00 AM

23,560 posts, read 13,779,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
When I was 16, one of my friends was murdered by her father, along with her mother, two brothers, and grandmother. Unlike most of these cases, her father disappeared for 18 years until he was captured after the case was featured on "America's Most Wanted." It was a high-profile case that received national attention. In this case, he had financial problems and convinced himself that "sending them to heaven" was preferable to them being on welfare or straying from their Lutheran religion.

That was when I became an atheist.

I am now 63 and she is forever 16. I think of her often.

Not the foreign officer, was he? I remember seeing that case on the post office wanted posters in the mid 70s, Mom being "impressed" by his qualifications that given the languages he knew, it was not going to be easy to find him.

EDIT: Okay, probably not him. It appears that who I saw on the poster was Bradford Bishop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Bishop
and apparently, he's still at large.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 07-12-2018 at 06:32 AM..

Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 AM

17,084 posts, read 21,747,304 times
Quote:
The news is speculating that there were marital problems because she had recently lost 90 Lbs and he did not like it.
Everyone knows she "ain't looking better for him!"

I call that the "somebody new is going to see me naked body!"

Old 07-12-2018, 06:17 AM

17,084 posts, read 21,747,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am a single, unaccompanied male......otherwise known as a danger-stranger.

But yes, although us danger-strangers are usually not the ones to abuse/molest/kill kids....the ones that are most likely to do it are usually not given a second glance.

IMHO, you can go into a store and see obvious abuse of kids, toddlers and even sometimes babies and it does not even register with most.
My buddy was 50, divorced and living with his mother.......he quickly realized he fit the serial killer profile!

Single, white male, living at home, unsuccessful with women.......he joked "Catch a predator" was setting up in the parking lot to burst in at any moment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events