Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 09:18 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Good thing I'll never have much money to leave my offspring.

https://people.com/crime/florida-wom...left-off-will/
Quote:
A Florida woman is accused of beating her 85-year-old mother to death after learning she’d been left out of her will, PEOPLE confirms.

Gabriela Perero, 53, was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery of a person over 65 years old in the death of her 85-year-old mother, Luisa Perero, according to an arrest report obtained by PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 10:41 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
The irony is that now nothing can be done about it. Had she kept her cool she might have found some way to convince Mom to change her mind. At the very least she could have challenged the will, and if she could prove that she had provided her mother with a significant amount of care over and above what her siblings did she might get a judge to grant her a compensatory award. But that's unlikely at this point given that she caused her mother's death.

At least she'll get free room, board, and medical care out of the deal.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Looks like the mother made the right choice!

Old 07-20-2018, 02:16 PM

727 posts, read 151,950 times
Yup she did!!! (I dont even know anything of this and I can tell you that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979
At least she'll get free room, board, and medical care out of the deal.
Much more than she deserves!!!

Old 07-20-2018, 02:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
It says she had been her elderly mother's caretaker. Murder of course, is not the answer and there are no excuses here. But if you are caregiving to a parent who isn't going to include you in their will, then stop the caregiving. Tell them to pay someone else to do it, or ask one of the other siblings to take over. This woman should have moved out a long time ago. Caregiving is hard work and a person can "snap" under the stress.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:04 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,373 times
It's always Florida.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Perhaps Perero didn't have a job and nowhere else to live, so she started living with her mom for free but taking care of her. And since she didn't have a job and wasn't good with running her own life, her mother thought it best to leave everything to her siblings, with the hope that one of them taking in Perero. Her mother most likely thought that Perero would go through her inheritance quickly and be left with nothing again.

Quote:
Perero allegedly said she began to “destroy” her mother’s home, where she was temporarily living, ransacking paperwork and breaking picture frames, before turning her violence toward her mom.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:41 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good thing I'll never have much money to leave my offspring.

https://people.com/crime/florida-wom...left-off-will/
Another sign of the entitlement mentality that somehow creeped into our society.

It is not as if people have not been upset when they are left out of, or get a smaller portion of their parents estates, compared with their siblings. Even even worse, a new stepmother.
Still most people don't feel entitled to their parents assets. That is especially true if they have become the black sheep, disobeyed the parents to the point of being disowned, etc.

Yet today you hear a lot of stories where adult kids feel their parents are obligated to care for them from cradle to grave.
The guy in his parents house that refused to leave and took a court order to get him out as an example.

`

Old 07-23-2018, 12:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
"And to my brother Tom, who I promised to mention in my will..........Hi there, Tom!"

Old 07-23-2018, 08:10 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Another sign of the entitlement mentality that somehow creeped into our society.

It is not as if people have not been upset when they are left out of, or get a smaller portion of their parents estates, compared with their siblings. Even even worse, a new stepmother.
Still most people don't feel entitled to their parents assets. That is especially true if they have become the black sheep, disobeyed the parents to the point of being disowned, etc.

Yet today you hear a lot of stories where adult kids feel their parents are obligated to care for them from cradle to grave.
The guy in his parents house that refused to leave and took a court order to get him out as an example.

`
Go over to the economic board there is a whole bunch of people swearing that you HAVE to leave kids equal amounts of monet or it will cause problems.
Lol, just another validation of my late hubby and my decision to donate most of any remaining wealth.

Though im going to try hard to spend it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events