Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 01:18 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Take a look at the video again. The cart appears to be on (or beside) the little median to the side of the car, and there is nothing behind the car.
thank you!!!

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I really don't believe the cart hindered her from backing out of that stall.

at best it was *slightly* in the way of her car and she could've moved the cart slightly to the left and could've easily backed out.

Should she have to do this if this was the case? No, but that's all it would have taken.

I'm not convinced she couldn't have backed out and although he sounds like he's mentally unstable we don't really know what she said to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 01:36 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
I felt bad for the mom until the reporter stated that she opened a go-fund-me page to pay for her "medical expenses". Seems like she's using this trauma as an opportunity to cash-in. Never the less the old pig should go to jail and get sodomized. You never lay your hands on a woman with a baby. Coward. I wish I was there when he started hitting her.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:49 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
There's always two sides to every story. A lot of people have a bad tone of voice and I heard the woman was using 4 letter words in her exchange with the man.

Unfortunately we are animals and we are wired with very strong emotional reactions that sometimes we can lose control of in the heat of the moment. Lord knows I have my share of emotional wiring I wish was so easy to just change.

In general I like to put carts back into the cart return but some stores don't have cart returns in the front but only put them in the back like our local Lowes so I can understand why some people might bend the rules depending on the store. Usually I'll just park next to the car rack when that happens but I'm more of a strategic planner type in that regard.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:58 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I am so sick of "Go Fund Me" campaigns popping up for everything. This is from the "Go Fund Me" in question:

Quote:
Please help her in paying for anything that seems to come up pertaining to this attack.
Just no.

I agree with the charges filed against the guy.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:06 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
Mom there should have minded her own business.
I will never understand blaming the victim. Glad the law is going to step in and give her a tidy sum of money from the loser that attacked a woman with children in tow.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:07 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Regardless of how she acted the baby had nothing to do with it and he put that innocent baby in danger by pushing the chart down the parking lot.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I will never understand blaming the victim. Glad the law is going to step in and give her a tidy sum of money from the loser that attacked a woman with children in tow.
This isn't how it works. The law isn't stepping in to give her money. She'll have to file a personal injury (civil) suit and hope it pans out, but if the guy isn't collectible, she's SOL.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-26-2018 at 03:11 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 02:52 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Regardless of how she acted the baby had nothing to do with it and he put that innocent baby in danger by pushing the chart down the parking lot.
I agree. She was so insistent on shaming a total stranger for something minor, that she forgot the fact she had a small child to care for.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:12 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree. She was so insistent on shaming a total stranger for something minor, that she forgot the fact she had a small child to care for.
Asking someone to please move their cart is shaming them? What’s next, if your coat brushes someone when you walk by them it’s an assault?

The guy seriously overreacted to a simple request. Now he gets to pay the price.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:14 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
The guy isn't a very good "citizen" ...
He could lose his driver's license for reckless endangerment with a motor vehicle or endangering others in a motor vehicle environment. Minimally his auto insurance and home insurance is going to shoot up or be dropped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events