Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 04:19 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily003 View Post
Just another reason why I dont believe in or trust daycares ...mothers should stay home with their children...but sadly sometimes even the mother's are the bad ones.
Not everyone can afford to stay home. I had to work two weeks after giving birth. I still had stitches, but I was the primary breadwinner in my home, and losing my job would have meant losing our health insurance and possibly our place to live.

My husband and I started working alternating shifts to be home with him until he was older. So please folks, hold the nasty comments about the mom. Where’s dad’s responsibility? Why only the woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 04:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No one is crucifying the mother .. only saying that as a nurse she surely might have known or should have known if this daycare centre was legal.. ......and she should have inspected the premises.... or been showed around... The centre and its workers are to blame for still operating falsely...Two beautiful lives lost..
Some people were. Someone up thread said that woman who work whilst having children are “ evil “

I had a pool, but only got it put in when my boys were in junior high and CPR trained. It used to scare me to death when we had friends over with small kids. Fortunately I had the assist of a wonderful Australian Shepherd who wouldn’t let kids near the pool. Must have been an instinct, but she would physically shove kids away from the pool.

So sorry for the kiddos and family. Also for the neighbors that had apparently been trying to get action on the place for some time. Apparently DHS had been out there more than once.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:57 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,731,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Any pool in a home where there are children should have a gate or tall fence.

The daycare owner and the parents who put their kids there should have used better judgment. I'm guessing it was a cheap daycare.

I have to agree! Pools are a major liability and the fact that the home had a daycare is another big liability! The two together =disaster!

Old 07-30-2018, 01:42 AM

13,241 posts, read 7,295,079 times
I bet the pool was green nasty most of the ones where kids drown seem like pools that haven't been taken care of.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:38 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I bet the pool was green nasty most of the ones where kids drown seem like pools that haven't been taken care of.
Its deep water no matter whats in it..and has nothing to do with drownings.. This was careless neglect and breaking the law.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:59 PM

13,241 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its deep water no matter whats in it..and has nothing to do with drownings.. This was careless neglect and breaking the law.
My point was it was typical of people who neglect lot of things we have problems with West Nile virus which is caused by mosquito's. People with nasty green pools were typically the ones breeding these mosquito's run home daycare end up falling in the nasty pool.

Home daycare usually bunch of trashy people.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

Home daycare usually bunch of trashy people.
People in my area who run home daycares are usually on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. I hate to use the word trashy, but yeah, trashy. Even worse are the ones who run a home daycare out of their apartment. This just screams "I'm desperate for money".

I saw a home daycare at an apartment complex one time. The woman lived on the ground floor and she built this flimsy little 2 foot high fence around the tiny yard and the kids could easily climb over it. She was never in sight anywhere watching them.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:40 AM

Quote:
People in my area who run home daycares are usually on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. I hate to use the word trashy, but yeah, trashy. Even worse are the ones who run a home daycare out of their apartment. This just screams "I'm desperate for money".

I saw a home daycare at an apartment complex one time. The woman lived on the ground floor and she built this flimsy little 2 foot high fence around the tiny yard and the kids could easily climb over it. She was never in sight anywhere watching them.
Must be very lax rules and they should be addressed, many years ago I intended being a child minder.. and had many visits from the Social worker asking me loads of questions over a six week period... My my husband and three grown up kids at that time had to have a police check done.. that was fine.. and safety measures then near the end of all this questioning the social worker turns up at my door and says its all off as I would require a fire door in my flat.. I said fine.. then she said No it doesnt work like that.... because your in a flat all the neighbours would also need a fire door.. NOW why the hell didnt she know or tell me this early on when she came visiting.. I feel I was keeping her in a job with all these daft many questions over weeks for nothing in the end.. Even done legally through the social work dept the money was awful... I ended up working in a social work creche where the hourly rate was three times more than Id have got in my own home, and Im glad I did, its safer for kids in a creche environment than someone using their own house as there are other workers on hand .. Ive worked in many creche facilities and some of the workers are lazy no users who dont even like kids.. so if it was my children or grandkids Id check the place out when they werent expecting me to walk in.. might get a surprise...

Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
In some countries, day care workers have to be licensed. But in the USA, people who work in day care centers don't have to have a license or training to work in daycare. I wish that would change. I think there should be a required curriculum and licensing through the state. The job should also pay more. Yes, that would raise the costs of childcare, but people should think harder before having children.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
In some countries, day care workers have to be licensed. But in the USA, people who work in day care centers don't have to have a license or training to work in daycare. I wish that would change. I think there should be a required curriculum and licensing through the state. The job should also pay more. Yes, that would raise the costs of childcare, but people should think harder before having children.
When I first started work in childcare I had no education at all in that area.. but did have police checks done back in the 80s when I worked at the Garden Festival in Glasgow.. I worked with 15 other women on a rota system .out of these 16 child carers Id say four or five fitted the bill. the rest didnt have any intentions of learning or doing the job and seen it as a six month duration holiday.... We had two nursery nurses as our supervisors and only one did her job well.. the other one was too busy flirting and philandering.... how they all kept their jobs for the full time is a mystery.. When the festival closed I found employment in a Social Work creche. again only police checks done.. no training given.... and with other child carer jobs I had over the next eighteen years.......Now its all changed.. When I tried to get into the same type of work again ten years ago I was asked what training I had done... I said.. just experience and gave the three places I had worked for references...... didnt cut it. and thankfully its quite right.. its all got more rigid with rules and as it should be.... as children are the most precious things any of us will ever have and we should check and double check whos in charge of them when we arent there.... I never worked when my four were small, and given the chance again I still wouldnt leave them with carers... but then thats just me....I know some will say... but some mothers have to work and they do .......some though dont.........Ive known some who pay as much for childcare than their earning.. this is another issue though.... makes me wonder why bother having kids..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events