U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 AM

2,173 posts, read 1,105,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
The employee did all that to save a billion dollar corporation one dollar ? The cost of that soda + cup is probably .05 cents.
What an idiot.
Absolutely agree. Very stupid. But maybe poor judgment skills are the reason why she is working in this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 PM

9,840 posts, read 13,721,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post
I'm always amazed when people take their min. wage jobs so seriously. I have worked for minimal wages and when I did, I was like "Screw it. What do I care? It's not my company. Let people steal, let people do what they want. It's no skin of my back."
It's called work ethic, and it's more about how you view yourself than how you view your job.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:16 PM

25,743 posts, read 24,744,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
City data can argue about anything.
Truth.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:23 PM

410 posts, read 423,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's called work ethic, and it's more about how you view yourself than how you view your job.
This x eleventy billion

Repped.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 PM

7,765 posts, read 2,907,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Methinks these ladies might have a little history with each other.
?
Well, they are definitely members of the same social class.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:47 PM

5,121 posts, read 1,794,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
God I hope that's not true - she deserves a medal. If I had a fast food shop I would love to have someone like this on the team. She actually exercised great restraint, especially when she wrestled the chair away from the skank.

Same goes for Tongans - we had plenty of both at my high school. They are the sweetest, most close-knit families I've ever seen. But as you said, toughest on the planet. Our football coach said they could lose an eye and still keep tackling. Many of our h.s. track and field record holders are also Pacific Islanders.

I used to work with a Samoan guy. Total sweetheart. One time, for no reason, he bought all the ladies in the office a rose. Just because.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:47 PM

20,888 posts, read 21,061,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Well, they are definitely members of the same social class.
that probably came pretty easy for you I'd bet

Old 07-30-2018, 04:04 PM

1,938 posts, read 705,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post
I'm always amazed when people take their min. wage jobs so seriously. I have worked for minimal wages and when I did, I was like "Screw it. What do I care? It's not my company. Let people steal, let people do what they want. It's no skin of my back."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
A 'work ethic' implies having a clue, which entails understanding that ten cents worth of soda concentrate mixed with a fraction of a cent worth of water does not warrant a physical confrontation, which could very well result in the franchise or company incurring significant costs in the form of liability, bad PR, or lost productivity if said employee is injured in the confrontation.

It's the same reason LEOs are trained not to pursue a fleeing suspect if the crime in question is a minor traffic offense. The loss is not worth the risk.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:18 PM

7,765 posts, read 2,907,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
A 'work ethic' implies having a clue, which entails understanding that ten cents worth of soda concentrate mixed with a fraction of a cent worth of water does not warrant a physical confrontation, which could very well result in the franchise or company incurring significant costs in the form of liability, bad PR, or lost productivity if said employee is injured in the confrontation.

It's the same reason LEOs are trained not to pursue a fleeing suspect if the crime in question is a minor traffic offense. The loss is not worth the risk.
I totally agree with this. Smartest comment that's been made here so far.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 PM

2,787 posts, read 521,049 times
One of the best comments in the Yahoo article was by a Miss Demeanor and she said "It's nice when fast food restaurants provide entertainment".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or