Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 03:03 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Older people tend to fight this fact so hard. It's very strange. You hear the "good old days" talk a lot from them.
Unless you were alive to know what it was like in the past compared to what it's like now, you wouldn't understand. It was very different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I know that. But the fact remains, the killer was using an ID that stated he was someone else.
I wouldn't be so sure.

He went by his real name with his friends, and on facebook, and the cops had no trouble determining his real name, or expressing who he was and his employer immediately sent out a statement of empathy for the family and fully cooperated.

They never said huh? we don't have an employee named that. They immediately said he was a good employee, in good standing with the company.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
There just wasn't as much crime to report.
Crime stats say otherwise, but sure.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:41 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Crime stats say otherwise, but sure.
No they don't.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:49 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you lived in LA, was EVerify available?

I did not use it. I just looked it up it began in 1996 I left LA around 1999. I did catch someone wanting to work for me who gave me a fake green card. It looked very good however a real green card the photo part of the card. This one had the photo on top of the card and then it was laminated together. She was from the Philippines and admitted it was a fake.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:07 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

There was a woman awhile back in AZ who was being deported, it made the national news. She had children who were born here. She was using someone else's SS number for a couple of years.

Back when I lived in California I knew someone who worked for a major restaurant chain that was a manager there. A good portion of their staff was using fake names and SS#'s When they would get a letter from the IRS that the names and numbers did not match they would fire employee "A" and replace them with employee "B" who was the same person but had totally different info. I don't know where they got the names from or even if they had copies of the id's of the people. A couple years later they got raided by INS. Pretty easy for INS to figure out there was some funny business going on there. Why she confided in my with all this I have no idea. She was my friend. I guess it was going on so much at different businesses it was no big deal.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:14 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
People on reddit suggested he forged whatever documents his employer is talking about. Either that, or the employer is lying.
It was reported that he used a stolen id. And the company that he worked for did not use E-Verify.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/22...cial-says.html

Last edited by moved; 08-22-2018 at 04:41 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 04:31 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

He went by his real name with his friends, and on facebook, and the cops had no trouble determining his real name, or expressing who he was and his employer immediately sent out a statement of empathy for the family and fully cooperated.

They never said huh? we don't have an employee named that. They immediately said he was a good employee, in good standing with the company.
They recognized his face on TV, so they knew it was their employee. They didn't know him by that name, because during the news conference someone asked what name he used for work and the employer said he didn't know if it was okay for him to say, so he didn't say.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:31 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Back when I lived in California I knew someone who worked for a major restaurant chain that was a manager there. A good portion of their staff was using fake names and SS#'s When they would get a letter from the IRS that the names and numbers did not match they would fire employee "A" and replace them with employee "B" who was the same person but had totally different info. I don't know where they got the names from or even if they had copies of the id's of the people. A couple years later they got raided by INS. Pretty easy for INS to figure out there was some funny business going on there. Why she confided in my with all this I have no idea. She was my friend. I guess it was going on so much at different businesses it was no big deal.
I have known many people who do that too. They don't use fake names. Most of them just use their own name and a fake SS number. Once a year Social Security will send out a letter that the name doesn't match the SS#, and to please correct the information. So they use two fake SS# and alternate back and forth.

As much as some people want to ***** and whine about it, it's been going on forever and it will never change. Because the people they keep voting for are the ones who benefit from it. Like this guy's employer.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:55 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
What really ticks me off is his saying he blacked out over the actual killing & that he didn't admit anything until he was seen on the tape.

Why did it take so long for the tape to come forward? Was the person on vacation or didn't they know what they would find?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events