Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 05:00 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
What really ticks me off is his saying he blacked out over the actual killing & that he didn't admit anything until he was seen on the tape.

Why did it take so long for the tape to come forward? Was the person on vacation or didn't they know what they would find?
They all say they blacked out, or they can't remember, when it comes to answering questions they don't want to answer.

The second question is a good one. If I were to guess, I would say they probably had the video soon, but it took them a long time to identify the vehicle. They probably had to track down hundreds of vehicles that matched that one. That is the only reason I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 05:19 PM

7,038 posts, read 6,289,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
They all say they blacked out, or they can't remember, when it comes to answering questions they don't want to answer.

The second question is a good one. If I were to guess, I would say they probably had the video soon, but it took them a long time to identify the vehicle. They probably had to track down hundreds of vehicles that matched that one. That is the only reason I can think of.

That makes sense. It just curdles my stomach when I think how scared she must have been. Poor, poor baby.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:13 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Apparently the car wasn't registered to him, and here's information on his ex-girlfriend, who had his baby.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/iris...233429060.html

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Apparently the car wasn't registered to him, and here's information on his ex-girlfriend, who had his baby.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/iris...233429060.html
So much for the 'random, senseless act' trope another poster jumped the gun with. Turns out the killer definitely knew of the victim years before he killed her.

Love it when the know-it-alls turn a thread like this into a dumpster fire with all their projections from giddy-up, without even waiting for the first facts to emerge.

I wish people would also knock it off with the 'she was dressed for being attacked' B.S. This fallacy has been disproven over and over again. Men who rape and murder don't pick their victims because they're dressed a certain way. It's a crime of power, violence and control.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So much for the 'random, senseless act' trope another poster jumped the gun with. Turns out the killer definitely knew of the victim years before he killed her.
Where did you see that?

Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Where did you see that?
Killer's SO and victim were friends, So I would venture to guess... he had been stalking / planning / hoping and waiting to ounce.

Victim was very young, (maybe naive), and very 'smiley' / happy / pleasant. Glad we have those pics, and not of the horror / fear she suffered.

Very sad for all.

Senseless.

Glad someone came forward with enough info AND that the killer seems to be cooperating (to locate body) so much for 'blacking out'.

Animal instincts take root in wandering minds. Watch your own!

Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
That is so much bs. There was a day I was walking to work with a tote that contained the sweater I was crocheting for my granddaughter as well as a bag of pretzels. A male came along riding a pink girls bicycle. He demanded I hand over the bag & slugged me when I hesitated. I lost a tooth, but more importantly, I lost faith in men of color. I found out later that a pink bike had been stolen from a porch.

Scared? I was petrified. He was big and I was a gramma.

Don't talk to me about courage. And don't even talk about a young 17 year old girl having courage against a predator.
When traveling/working in developing countries, I keep my valuables, including passport, under my clothes. I carry a cheap tote bag for paperwork. If the tote is cheap enough, nobody tries anything. One year, I had a nice leather one, and it got slashed from behind (I felt nothing; they were deft at it) while in line to buy a bus ticket, but they found nothing but files and papers. It helps to carry a decoy. That's basically what you were doing, unbeknownst to the thief. All he got was a bag of knitting. That would be pretty funny, if it weren't for the punch and lost tooth you suffered, not to mention the fear.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Where did you see that?
In the linked article I quoted.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Killer's SO and victim were friends, So I would venture to guess...
That doesn't mean he knew her though. Mollie was friends with his ex girlfriend on facebook, they went to high school together. I haven't seen anything about them being close friends. I have a few "friends" on social media that I went to high school with. I don't talk to them much anymore, and I don't know their SOs at all.

Mollie has 664 "friends" on Facebook. I doubt she was close friends with all of them, she probably didn't know all of their exes either.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In the linked article I quoted.
I read the article, but didn't see where it said they knew each other. Maybe I missed it, care to share the quote that said this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events