Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:07 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,423,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Some parts do not add up. Neighbors and friends turned a blind eye...then suddenly corroborate this family upheaval. Only thing true: one human dead, three women confess.
My guess would be that neighbors and friends may have turned a blind eye because they were afraid of him and of repercussions. Now that the threat is gone, they may feel more comfortable saying something.

You would be AMAZED at how many people know children are being mistreated or abused and never say anything because they don't want to get involved or think it's none of their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 05:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
It goes on more than you think. I think the same thing about the situation, he terrified everyone around him.

The cops only show up after a crime is commited.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:41 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,239 times
If all they say turns out to be true, he got his just desserts. I'm surprised they didn't hurt or kill him before this. I do wonder about their mother though, leaving them with him.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:47 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
"We have questions how this went unnoticed by school teachers and child protective services," Melnikov pointed out. The girls also said last year they went to school just seven times and were not allowed to attend their final exams.
Social workers had tried to visit the girls just several times but their father did not open the door and then no other attempts were made.
(From the article linked in post #10)

Please post updates as you find them, OP.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:38 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,187,546 times
"In Russia, Victims kill YOU!"

Old 08-03-2018, 03:28 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Some parts do not add up. Neighbors and friends turned a blind eye...then suddenly corroborate this family upheaval. Only thing true: one human dead, three women confess.
I'm sure they were afraid of him. Not many will interfere with a guy who has mob connections. I also don't know anything about Russia's system for child protection. Maybe nothing happens, so there's no point in calling anyone. Maybe mob connected guys get turned a blind eye to by the police there, too. Maybe he was connected with the police and even an anonymous tip would reveal the culprit to him. Maybe all you have to do is offer a cop $1000 and he'll tell you who it was who called. Without knowing anything about the Russian system and knowing the man was violent and a criminal, I can't blame the neighbors.

If something could have been done, I'd think the son, who escaped but still visited his sisters, would have tried.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
A blurb about the mother says "whereabouts unknown" She's missing?

Old 08-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Maybe she went underground to some extent, to stay safe. With her tormentor dead, she can come out of hiding, now. I imagine authorities are looking for her.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm sure they were afraid of him. Not many will interfere with a guy who has mob connections. I also don't know anything about Russia's system for child protection. Maybe nothing happens, so there's no point in calling anyone. Maybe mob connected guys get turned a blind eye to by the police there, too. Maybe he was connected with the police and even an anonymous tip would reveal the culprit to him. Maybe all you have to do is offer a cop $1000 and he'll tell you who it was who called. Without knowing anything about the Russian system and knowing the man was violent and a criminal, I can't blame the neighbors.

If something could have been done, I'd think the son, who escaped but still visited his sisters, would have tried.
And who's known to have a gun.

Russia does have a system of child protection, and someone came to the home three times, to inspect, but the father wouldn't let them in the door. I wonder how our system would handle a situation like that.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:37 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
She escaped and left the kids behind, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events