Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
*They* who?

This scheme plotted and hatchted out by the JinJing family used the tour group to get the kid into the USA legally. Once on east coast the parents made their move. The child had to have known what was going on because she "grabbed her passport" and went off to find her mother, change clothes and left the airport with her parents.

The tour group did what was legally and morally required of them; contacted local LE after noticing child went missing, and also in keeping with their visa/travel arrangements flew out to west coast with remainder of the group.

The outrage is already out there and building; people like the JinJing's making up their own immigration laws. The parents didn't reach out to just any type of an attorney to get lawyered up after finding out about the trouble their "misunderstanding" caused; but an *immigration* variety. The Amber Alert is a criminal matter.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/abduct...-with-parents/

"Parents of Chinese girl, 12, who was believed to have been abducted from DC Airport actually took her from the tour group after using an immigration consultant to get their daughter to the US 'so she could live with them permanently'

Parents of girl who went missing from DC Airport used immigration consultant*to get her to the US | Daily Mail Online
When I said "they" didn't take her in NY I meant her parents who had brought her food there. They probably didn't take her there because she didn't have her passport like at the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 02:18 PM

This is a better article

12-year-old ‘abducted’ from DC airport was picked up by parents who had used immigration consultant to get girl to U.S.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:37 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
No flies on this group!

While parents are supposedly here "lawfully"; they did retain services of an immigration "consultant" who arranged for the daughter to become part of tour group and thus arrive in USA.

“They’re here lawfully," Attorney Demidchik said. "They have the status for their paperwork it’s current."
When the parents realized their daughter was the focus of an amber alert and at the center of a possible FBI human trafficking manhunt, they came forward.
Local immigration attorney Jean Wang told PIX11’s Mary Murphy a friend of JinJing Ma's parents called her last night and said the parents used an “immigration consultant” to get their daughter on the tour as a means of getting the girl into the country." https://pix11.com/2018/08/03/questio...nts-in-queens/

In other words (once again), the US immigration system has been played.

We don't know how or why the parents arrived in USA "lawfully" without their daughter, but now they've circumvented the normal process for family reunification.

The kid now is in USA under a valid tourist visa and the parents are sure as night follows day going to apply for a change of status. Long story short this kid isn't going back to China. Just forget it, end of story.

Furthermore matter is no longer an "abduction", but considered a "misunderstanding". https://13wham.com/news/nation-world...national-found
As it happens with relatives and friends of mine; the US will not grant a visa to everyone in the family, so it is either both parents without their kids, one parent and the kids without the spouse, etc. Having the entire family get a tourist visa is next to impossible for many people.

But that is assuming the parents had only a tourist visa, which it does not sound like unless they are planning on staying illegally.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:39 AM

274 posts, read 237,431 times
It would be nice if they were forced to pay back the costs of the search. However, what I REALLY want to see is the entire family deported back to their homeland, ASAP, and banned permanently from re-entering the US. I am not in any way against immigration, but I'm sick of people abusing the system.

I have relatives who are first generation immigrants, and it was a complicated, expensive, and time consuming process. They were not wealthy and they had to sacrifice a lot to get here. However, they followed the laws and rules and are now citizens and an asset to this country.

People who skip the sacrifices and think they don't have to obey our laws are infuriating.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:37 AM

2,272 posts, read 1,666,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia Shay View Post
It would be nice if they were forced to pay back the costs of the search. However, what I REALLY want to see is the entire family deported back to their homeland, ASAP, and banned permanently from re-entering the US. I am not in any way against immigration, but I'm sick of people abusing the system.

I have relatives who are first generation immigrants, and it was a complicated, expensive, and time consuming process. They were not wealthy and they had to sacrifice a lot to get here. However, they followed the laws and rules and are now citizens and an asset to this country.

People who skip the sacrifices and think they don't have to obey our laws are infuriating.
I agree with you totally. These parents tried to scam the system. I read they were horrified that the tour group leaders called law enforcement when their daughter did not reappear - what the heck did they except?

They are not lacking in money if they are driving an Infiniti. I hope the news sources keep up with this story for the outcome, which I hope is more than a slap on the wrist.

I have worked through my church with refugees and legal immigrants and their stories and sacrifices are humbling. I guess that is why this situation is such a slap in the face to our country's generosity and I think there should be consequences for the parents and whoever aided them ( the "immigration consultant", if there really was one).

Old 08-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia Shay View Post

Same. Both of my parents and an aunt came to the US in the late 50's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
I agree with you totally. These parents tried to scam the system. I read they were horrified that the tour group leaders called law enforcement when their daughter did not reappear - what the heck did they except?

They are not lacking in money if they are driving an Infiniti. I hope the news sources keep up with this story for the outcome, which I hope is more than a slap on the wrist.

I have worked through my church with refugees and legal immigrants and their stories and sacrifices are humbling. I guess that is why this situation is such a slap in the face to our country's generosity and I think there should be consequences for the parents and whoever aided them ( the "immigration consultant", if there really was one).
By what they said, I have to wonder if the tour group chaperone knew they were taking her.

The parents did scam the system; now we have to see if they'll get some sort of punishment.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:56 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,331,765 times
If that time hasn't already come, it soon will, where a woman will be more valuable in China than a shipping container filled with gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events