Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:27 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, the answer is we don't know.

But. If you're bent on seriously harming two 16 year old girls who are together, the restroom of the Quik Trip isn't probably going to be a successful location to do it in.

So in this case, all you can really do is look back at the histories of the two combatants and see if there's any violence in either history. And there was, in the murderer's history.

I hope he gets life. So no one else will be victimized.

If it goes to trial not sure whatever the father did in the past is relevant to a jury. But if the dead purp went into the womens restroom and tried to enter the stall of one of the girl well who started all of this? I can understand why a father would freak about this.

Like I said we need concrete information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
The op spin is really different than the substance of the news story
With spin like that one could get a good job on cnn

Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If it goes to trial not sure whatever the father did in the past is relevant to a jury. But if the dead purp went into the womens restroom and tried to enter the stall of one of the girl well who started all of this? I can understand why a father would freak about this.

Like I said we need concrete information.
I agree we don't have enough concrete information.

I just firmly believe, if you have two unharmed teenage girls, and you've got a young guy who did (what? we don't know) standing there, and a step dad who beat this young man do death and drove off into the night.

And frankly, I really can't understand fathers who "freak out" over this. These are two teenagers who weren't harmed at all, and a strange kind of odd young man apparently attempted to enter the bathroom they were in at a public gas station. What's to freak out over, really?

I mean that sincerely.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:49 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My late husband had mild dementia and a traumatic brain injury, but was quite high functioning in some ways (still read books at the college level) and looked completely "normal" (in spite of his brain damage). We were once at a new restaurant and he had an emergency bathroom issue. Hubby arrived at the bathroom area before me (as I was using a walker and could not move very fast). The restaurant had "funny bathroom labels", something like Hen and Rooster or Cow and Bull and my husband accidently walked into the wrong bathroom in his rush.

There were two young teenage girls waiting to go in, but they saw him enter first and just waited in the hallway until he exited the bathroom. He exited shortly after I arrived in the bathroom area and never even realized that he had gone into the women's room. Thank God no one over reacted.
Thank God the girls did not go rushing to their father/fathers saying that a man was in the women's bathroom. Thank God no one took the law into their own hands because of his error.

No one knows the full details behind this situation. Was the dead man planning something evil or had he just knocked on the door or tried to open the door (of a uni-sex bathroom) to see if it was empty. Was he confused or drunk or disabled and went into wrong bathroom by error (as my husband did)?

IMHO, there was no reason to murder the man. Obviously the dad realized that he was wrong to do that or he would have stayed with the injured man and waited for the police to show up and he certainly would not have lied to the police once they found him.
Quote:

I just firmly believe, if you have two unharmed teenage girls, and you've got a young guy who did (what? we don't know) standing there, and a step dad who beat this young man do death and drove off into the night.

And frankly, I really can't understand fathers who "freak out" over this. These are two teenagers who weren't harmed at all, and a strange kind of odd young man apparently attempted to enter the bathroom they were in at a public gas station. What's to freak out over, really?

I mean that sincerely.
When I read this story the first thing that I thought about was the time that my husband, disabled by mild dementia and a traumatic brain injury rushed into the closest bathroom (labeled Hen or Cow or something silly like that) because he was going to throw up. What if those two 13 or 14 year old girls had gone running to their father/fathers and yelled that a man went into the women's bathroom and they were in danger, (instead of just waiting outside of the bathroom in the hallway).

For everyone who is saying that a father needs to protect his child, do you that that would that have been enough reason for a father to decide that my husband needed to be beaten to death?

Old 08-16-2018, 12:13 AM

579 posts, read 367,401 times
The people who are just itching to beat someone to death over a perceived "threat" are the undesirables of our society. They are people who are looking for any excuse to beat someone up, and they will come up with any excuse they can for themselves and anyone else who subscribes to their nonsense.

I have three children and I would never beat up someone in a situation like this. Having children does not give you free reign to beat people up for no good reason.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:40 AM

6,787 posts, read 2,896,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
The people who are just itching to beat someone to death over a perceived "threat" are the undesirables of our society. They are people who are looking for any excuse to beat someone up, and they will come up with any excuse they can for themselves and anyone else who subscribes to their nonsense.

I have three children and I would never beat up someone in a situation like this. Having children does not give you free reign to beat people up for no good reason.
Another one of the very few posts on this thread that express the voice of reason. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
These perceived threats are now front and center due to the push by the left with all the transgender issues they've raised. I've more than once walked into the men's room by accident and quickly exited when I see the urinals. It's an honest mistake made probably hundreds of times a day by people who walk away feeling embarrassed. Now a days - a mistake like that is often represented as someone trying to take advantage of the opposite sex.

The guy should not have been beaten to death but we'll have to wait and see if he actually did try to get into the stall. Mental issue - drugs, alcohol in system - he's also responsible for the situation.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:48 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Many people have sick desires to commit acts of violence, and are waiting for an excuse to do it. And people like this are always quick to defend vigilante killers regardless of how justified they are.
Maybe the guy who did the beating fits your first sentence.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:26 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Basically, yeah, that would be nice. Haha.

But no, people who think it's justifiable to assault (apparently to the death) someone who banged on a bathroom door that contained their teenage girl, who is now telling you about it, unharmed.

And those who think someone who (allegedly) tried to steal their wallet, should also be beaten to death.

Them.

And good thing, looks like I'm getting my wish.
I think it's a matter of fight or flight. If my 18 year old daughter came to me and said some guy was trying to get into her stall, I'd get mighty confrontational in about 2 seconds.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:40 AM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:

I mean that sincerely.
Guys are protective of their daughters. I have step daughters I get that. There have been grown men who have openly leered at the girls and one is 12 years old. That kind of thing makes your blood boil. And no I did not assault anyone because of that.

There are a lot of creepy dudes out there. I am sorry you don't understand but I do. If the guy followed the girls into the womens restroom and was intentionally and forcefully trying to open the door. That is serious. Just because they were not harmed does not matter. If you try to run someone over and they jump out of the way and are fine does not mean you are innocent. It still could be considered attempted murder.

It depends on the details. There was a guy in a walmart not long ago trying to take upskirt photos of a teenage girl. The father saw him and followed him outside wal-mart and beat the crap out of him. Perhaps a few more punches and that guy could have been dead. So we need to know what the details are. The quik-trips are not unisex bathrooms. Many I know of the men's and women's restrooms are on opposite ends of the store. So why was this guy in the womens restroom? Did he follow the girls? Was it an accident? If I enter a public restroom and the stall is locked I don't bang on it or try to open it.

Lots of questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events