Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:36 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I was not talking about the perp or victim (not sure which is the correct description yet). Just pedophiles in general reading this story and what the father did to someone he thought was trying to assault his daughters. Should cause pedophiles anxiety.
In other words you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You're in good company though ...about 95% of the posters on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 10:41 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Not enough details......but it does not sound like there is any reasonable justification for killing the man.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:42 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
In other words you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You're in good company though ...about 95% of the posters on this thread.

No

Unlike 95% of the people here I don't have an option on the guilt or innocence of the father. Let's wait for all the facts.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Never.
Really? You have never gone into a bathroom, and seen a stall door that looked not latched, pushed on it only to discover there was someone inside who either did not latch the door, or the latch was broken?

Very recently I was at a Dairy Queen, with children. They had one male and one female restroom - the handle on the outside opened to a single toilet unit. So the 8 year old had to go to the bathroom, and came back to the table saying someone was in it. She went back several times, it was still occupied. So yeah. I did go and try the knob, it seemed locked, I tried it a little more and rattled it a little and finally, hearing nothing, knocked on the door and said is anyone in there? (It had been occupied, literally, for 20 minutes by that time. I thought maybe someone had accidentally locked the door). Hearing nothing, I knocked harder, only to have a voice say "I'll be out in a minute".

Okay. That's fine. When she finally emerged, it was an employee. My guess is she was either sleeping, or playing on her phone for that half hour.

This is all about nothing, but I'm just surprised you've never tried to open a bathroom door when someone was in there already.

Because, yeah, sometimes in life you have to bang on a public bathroom door.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
I've walked into a stall bc the door was open a crack, so I thought it was unoccupied. Something one doesn't put a lot of premeditation into, and was just as startled as the person in there, who didn't have the door locked.

I guess I almost lost my life that day.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:58 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My late husband had mild dementia and a traumatic brain injury, but was quite high functioning in some ways (still read books at the college level) and looked completely "normal" (in spite of his brain damage). We were once at a new restaurant and he had an emergency bathroom issue. Hubby arrived at the bathroom area before me (as I was using a walker and could not move very fast). The restaurant had "funny bathroom labels", something like Hen and Rooster or Cow and Bull and my husband accidently walked into the wrong bathroom in his rush.

There were two young teenage girls waiting to go in, but they saw him enter first and just waited in the hallway until he exited the bathroom. He exited shortly after I arrived in the bathroom area and never even realized that he had gone into the women's room. Thank God no one over reacted. Thank God the girls did not go rushing to their father/fathers saying that a man was in the women's bathroom. Thank God no one took the law into their own hands because of his error.

No one knows the full details behind this situation. Was the dead man planning something evil or had he just knocked on the door or tried to open the door (of a uni-sex bathroom) to see if it was empty. Was he confused or drunk or disabled and went into wrong bathroom by error (as my husband did)?

IMHO, there was no reason to murder the man. Obviously the dad realized that he was wrong to do that or he would have stayed with the injured man and waited for the police to show up and he certainly would not have lied to the police once they found him.

Did it say somewhere in the article that it was a unisex bathroom? Or is that an assumption?

My local QT has one men's bathroom and one women's bathroom. The woman's bathroom is a single bathroom. No stalls.

Apparently, it's not the same for all Quick Trips?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I was not talking about the perp or victim (not sure which is the correct description yet). Just pedophiles in general reading this story and what the father did to someone he thought was trying to assault his daughters. Should cause pedophiles anxiety.
You've got to be kidding me. That's your defense for supporting that murderous rage?
If the thought of raping children doesn't cause sexual freaks some anxiety, surely nothing will.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:02 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
I had a guy banging on the bathroom door multiple times in July. I had just sat down to pee and he wouldn't quit. I kept telling him "Someone's in here", but he kept pounding and shaking the handle.

When I opened the door I saw the guy had track marks all over his arms, I knew what he needed my stall for. He was tweaking. But I was in public, there were people around, and I knew I wasn't in immediate danger. I let the guy behind the counter know and left. No beating to death needed.

You need to be able to keep a level head and read situations. Its not worth making a situation worse, which this guy did.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You've got to be kidding me. That's your defense for supporting that murderous rage?
If the thought of raping children doesn't cause sexual freaks some anxiety, surely nothing will.

Not defending what the father did. Simply looking for the silver lining.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I had a guy banging on the bathroom door multiple times in July. I had just sat down to pee and he wouldn't quit. I kept telling him "Someone's in here", but he kept pounding and shaking the handle.

When I opened the door I saw the guy had track marks all over his arms, I knew what he needed my stall for. He was tweaking. But I was in public, there were people around, and I knew I wasn't in immediate danger. I let the guy behind the counter know and left. No beating to death needed.

You need to be able to keep a level head and read situations. Its not worth making a situation worse, which this guy did.

Wait, sat down to pee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events