Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 11:01 AM

951 posts, read 1,136,921 times

Advertisements

I've been following this story, and nothing surprises me anymore. RIP to the wife and kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 11:14 AM

6,648 posts, read 4,749,347 times
I wonder if their baby monitor is one that records and stores the videos. I’m sure they’ll check that.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,136,921 times
I guess I've been following this story because at many times, I could've been this story. Actually thinking back now, my ex asked me, "Would you kill yourself if our son died?" I didn't think much of it back then, but I'm pretty sure he had wished we were dead. Thankfully, when I finally divorced him, we were unharmed, and he's moved on. I was so happy that he finally met someone else and let me go. Even though he did not love me, he was still waiting for me to go back to him.

I still have to be careful not to p*iss him off, but we have all been much better since I left him. For that alone, I feel extremely lucky despite wasting 15 years of my life with him. It's men like my ex and this Colorado monster that I'm afraid to date, especially because I have a child. I'm okay being single for the rest of my life, honestly. There truly are devils in disguise. It's sad how the wife is being blamed too, not just by him, but from the public as well. Again, not surprising.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:22 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,059,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
It's men like my ex and this Colorado monster that I'm afraid to date, especially because I have a child. I'm okay being single for the rest of my life, honestly. There truly are devils in disguise.
You realize you're probably more likely to get struck by lightning, like...twice, before you ever dated and/or hooked up with a "monster"?

Old 08-21-2018, 12:22 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,138,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
It's sad how the wife is being blamed too, not just by him, but from the public as well. Again, not surprising.
I'm curious where you saw the public blaming Shannan? I haven't seen this anywhere.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:30 PM

15,246 posts, read 12,875,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You realize you're probably more likely to get struck by lightning, like...twice, before you ever dated and/or hooked up with a "monster"?

You're thinking that choosing someone to date is random. It's not. It's often influenced by our upbringing, which is why people are sometimes -- whether they realize it or not -- attracted to a person who is in some ways similar to their ex. I'm attracted to people who are emotionally distant, because that's what I'm familiar with. Thankfully it's unlikely I will ever date again.

I think AhRainess is very wise to stay single while she has a child at home.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:35 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,418,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just read where it stated they were in financial trouble big time . Money will make people do pretty horrible things that is no excuse mind you for what this POS did . I hope he rots .
Money problems PLUS a girlfriend on the side and a pregnant with child #3 wife. NOT a reason to kill by any means, but men sure seem to do it.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,007,107 times
I just watched part of the arraignment and omg her poor father is going to have a breakdown he is crying so hard . My heart just goes out to her family it really does . Jeeze how much is a family supposed to take . I don't think anyone is blaming the wife sorry I cant spell her name right .

Old 08-21-2018, 01:17 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,763,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just watched part of the arraignment and omg her poor father is going to have a breakdown he is crying so hard . My heart just goes out to her family it really does . Jeeze how much is a family supposed to take . I don't think anyone is blaming the wife sorry I cant spell her name right .

Why would anyone blame her? He was having an affair with a coworker and didn't want to lose money in a divorce...
so to get a brand new life, just kill everybody.

Please....death penalty. That dad's pain broke my heart.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:38 PM

50,422 posts, read 36,064,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It’s different when you have kids, there are other things to watch out for than murder. It’s really about you never really know someone even if you think you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events