Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:35 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Just seen on CNN. Police briefing upcoming.

Wife was pregnant....2 lovely little girls. I saw him last night, prior to the charges, talking about their "disappearance"...

he was nonchalant and at times smiling during the interview. Immediately I felt him insincere.

And so he was...
Reminds me of this guy...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 11:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Also, forgot to add that reports are that this husband stopped working at the oil field where the bodies are reportedly recovered several years ago. The oil field company is saying he is a "former", nor a current employee.

I have not seen anything mentioning what he is CURRENTLY doing for employment, does anybody know?
Local reports say he was fired this week.

"Christopher Watts was an employee of Anadarko, Denver7 reported. He was fired Wednesday shortly before his arrest on suspicion of murdering his wife, Shanann, 34, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and their two daughters."

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...-likely-found/

Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Hopefully he gets a quick and painful retribution in prison.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
I just can't get over that creepy interview, seeing those red scratch looking marks on his neck.

I'm sure the people he stayed with overnight after he offed his wife and kids won't be sleeping well for a few days.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
What a sad story.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
He let his mask slip when he smirked during the interview.

Some people have no conscience at all. They have multiple names for these mammals. Sociopath, Anti Social personality disorder, psychopath, etc. it’s all the same. They simply don’t care.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:02 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Facebook pages and Instagram are NOT real life. Just because someone dresses their family up in cute coordinating outfits for photo ops in cornfields and films every single reaction they have to news of pregnancies and "gender reveals", does not mean that is the way their lives truly are. In fact, the relentless pursuit for flawless Facebook pages and magazine glossy "mommy blogs" may, unfortunately, distract someone from clearly seeing clues that darkness and danger are lurking in the shadows and need to be confronted, or genuinely feared.

People are astonished that this seemingly perfect, handsome family man, portrayed so on social media, could carry out such a sick and disgusting cowardly act. But take a good look at his cold, soulless eyes. There is no empathy there, and no sense of the horrific pain he has caused. This goes all the way back to Jeffrey McDonald and his cool assertion that a band of hippies had killed his wife and daughters, knowing he was the evil slaughterer of his own wife, and flesh and blood.

I have heard some rumbling rumors that there were some run-ins with the law while they were here in North Carolina, but nothing has come out about that yet.

I too have family members that are all over social media with every seemingly perfect and proper aspects of their lives, cutesy wootsey photos, when those of us in the family know that they are not true, that there is too much debt supporting their "picture perfect" lifestyles, too many babies coming along that they can't afford, and tensions and troubles that exist in the cold realty that exist in most of our lives, but aren't being "shared" on social media.
I don’t do social media at all, however if I did I wouldn’t be posting that “oh Jim and I had a fight last night and our marriage is in trouble”. What is it that folks expect people to post? It’s like a bulletin board, not a detailed story of someone’s life.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:31 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t do social media at all, however if I did I wouldn’t be posting that “oh Jim and I had a fight last night and our marriage is in trouble”. What is it that folks expect people to post? It’s like a bulletin board, not a detailed story of someone’s life.

No I wouldn't either, but I wouldn't post how deliriously happy husband and I are either. I'd concentrate on how the girls are doing and my job or other parts of my life, if I wanted to keep it positive.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:27 PM

175 posts, read 203,529 times
If he was angry at his wife, wanted a divorce, was jealous or whatever, I could understand murdering her. I mean, it's still a shockingly awful crime that he should rot in prison for but I can understand it. I absolutely cannot fathom killing the children. They are innocent! He could have made up a story about their mom and just kept them. Why kill the children? And how could you do it? I just can't even begin to understand that.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabang View Post
If he was angry at his wife, wanted a divorce, was jealous or whatever, I could understand murdering her. I mean, it's still a shockingly awful crime that he should rot in prison for but I can understand it. I absolutely cannot fathom killing the children. They are innocent! He could have made up a story about their mom and just kept them. Why kill the children? And how could you do it? I just can't even begin to understand that.
Sociopaths can only give the illusion of being devoted and loving. They may enjoy having children as sources of entertainment or narcissistic supply, and may treat them adequately most of the time, until the children are old enough to develop their own personalities (which appears to have already happened with the little girl he described negatively) or to act out as all children do on occasion. That's often viewed as a challenge and a threat to not just parental authority but to one's very essence. So their father might well have viewed them both as a threat and a burden.

Add in financial issues, marital problems, a third child on the way, perhaps unwanted by his father, and rumors of an extramarital affair. We do not know how the little girls were murdered - painlessly, in their sleep, I pray - but it may be that they were killed before their mother came home, since Watts appears to have defensive wounds on his face and neck and was cradling his right arm as if it was tender. If Shanann found her children dead, she would have tried to kill their killer, even at the expense of her own safety, I would judge.

What baffles me is that Shanann's purse, keys, and cell phone were left in plain sight with no effort to hide or remove them. Of course, Watts may have been very busy with other post-murder "tasks" and overlooked these very obvious clues.

The family dog was within the house, unharmed. I hope Shanann's family can take him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events