Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 08:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Really? I’m guessing you don’t go to movies often or stick to the most popular times. I have a lot of showings where it’s just me over the years. Usually Sunday night at 10 pm, sometimes a movie that’s been out in IMAX for two weeks and the second Sunday, because the people who really wanted to pay $20 a ticket already saw it and aren’t there at 10 pm. I see every Star Wars movie dozens of times and I’m always guaranteed at least 2-3 showings late in the run that are empty except me. When I was a critic it happened too at the smaller films. Lots of solo showings, I love them!

$126 is horrible for even one screen let alone many lol wow. What a bomb.
Actually, I go to movies all the time, and it's usually a weekday matinee.

Today I saw BlacKkKlan. At noon. Very well worth seeing.

I'm still struggling to believe how this movie, on opening weekend in standard movie theaters, typically either empty or with one patron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 09:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm still struggling to believe how this movie, on opening weekend in standard movie theaters, typically either empty or with one patron.
Because people weren't interested in supporting a pedophiler, how is that hard to believe?

Old 08-20-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Really? I’m guessing you don’t go to movies often or stick to the most popular times. I have a lot of showings where it’s just me over the years.
Yes, I seem to see a movie every few months where it Is just my SO and I in the theater. Its not all that unusual.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Because people weren't interested in supporting a pedophiler, how is that hard to believe?
Hm. I had to look up what you're talking about. A pedophiler is someone who is sexually attracted to pedophiles, so I don't even quite know where this is going. Who knew there was such a thing.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say pedophile.

But at any rate, I'd think if you stopped movie goers on the way into the theater and said tell me something about Kevin Spacey, most wouldn't be able to give you a very full answer.

So I don't understand why the theaters were so empty. Except, as I said earlier, it appears the movie was only shown as a matinee.

We could go back and forth with this same conversation forever, Sundaydrive. Frankly, I'm tiring of it a little. I've said what I have to say, and you keep saying basically the same thing too. Except the pedophiler thing which was an education for me.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hm. I had to look up what you're talking about. A pedophiler is someone who is sexually attracted to pedophiles, so I don't even quite know where this is going. Who knew there was such a thing.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say pedophile.
All that over an auto corrected word? Yes, you knew what it was supposed to be.

Quote:
But at any rate, I'd think if you stopped movie goers on the way into the theater and said tell me something about Kevin Spacey, most wouldn't be able to give you a very full answer.

So I don't understand why the theaters were so empty. Except, as I said earlier, it appears the movie was only shown as a matinee.
Kevin Spacey is a big name actor, and this was a big story. You want to pretend like his horrible behavior isn't the reason for the low attendance, then what? You think it's just a coincidence? No, no one wants to support Kevin Spacey anymore because of his past behavior.

Quote:
We could go back and forth with this same conversation forever, Sundaydrive. Frankly, I'm tiring of it a little. I've said what I have to say, and you keep saying basically the same thing too.

I'm not sure what you are going on about. I don't "keep saying the same thing" as it was only one response.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:26 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Seen on Daily Mail online today

Billionaire Boy's Club opened in 10 cities last Friday....
about $12 or so for each theater....
LOL - the producers of this garbage are about to find out the meaning of a tax loss write off

Old 08-21-2018, 06:00 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Sexual abuse of young boys or girls will always be grounds for wiping a convicted actor off the movie screen.
But you will be allowed to keep your star on the Walk of Fame. So that's somethin'.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
All that over an auto corrected word? Yes, you knew what it was supposed to be.

Kevin Spacey is a big name actor, and this was a big story. You want to pretend like his horrible behavior isn't the reason for the low attendance, then what? You think it's just a coincidence? No, no one wants to support Kevin Spacey anymore because of his past behavior.

I'm not sure what you are going on about. I don't "keep saying the same thing" as it was only one response.
You're so negative. ;D

I meant it. Who knew there were people who were attracted to pedophiles? Learn somethin' knew every day, as they say.

You mistyped it, but whatever. Pedophile doesn't correct to pedophiler. This site doesn't even recognize that as a word. But now we both know it's an actual 'thing'.

So maybe we're done going round and round about this.

I don't know what to make of this nonattendance - usually notoriety itself will bring in customers. In my experience, boycotts just don't work, because people don't care about social issues if it's a product they want to use (in this case, a movie that's kind of good they'd otherwise like to see).

That's my experience. Going way back to the grape pickers of the 70's.

I'm just surprised.

Last edited by ClaraC; 08-21-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 08-21-2018, 09:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
hollyweird LOVES their sexual deviants...as long as its an approved deviance, like pedophilia...GAY pedophilia is probably even more approved...

He has his peers support...just has to wait it out

Old 08-21-2018, 09:08 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
hollyweird LOVES their sexual deviants...as long as its an approved deviance, like pedophilia...t
Hollywood loves some of their deviants but turn on others. They supported Roman Polanski for years and he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events